This quiet resort is perfect when you need to totally rest and relax. Nicely appointed, although showing its age in the rooms. Food is good, not amazing. Dinners are themed each night...Italian, Mexican, etc. Poolside snacks and sandwiches are very good, and the Margaritas even taste like lime and tequila, not like lime Kool Aid like so many Mexican resorts.
Service is excellent in the Hotel, but beware of taking the "90 minute" timeshare tour. We are timeshare owners, and have gone through tons of these presentations...this is without a doubt the absolute worst ever...read: They held us hostage for 3HOURS...4 levels of pressure, and you are off site and would have to walk about 1/2 mile if they refuse to take you back to the hotel! We have stayed at this resort 5 times, and will not ever go to a Mayan Palace resort again after this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mayan Puerto Penasco is an awe-inspiring vacation for guests of all ages. This desert oasis of relaxation and wonder offers a truly unique getaway, with its world-renowned golf course, luxurious outdoor pools, Jacuzzis, fire pits, and stunning surrounding scenery. As soon as you enter The Grand Mayan Puerto Penasco, you’ll leave the rest of the world – and all of your cares – behind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mayan Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Palace Puerto Penasco Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Wyndham Puerto Peñasco
- Mayan Palace Penasco
- Puerto Peñasco Wyndham
- Mayan Resort Puerto Penasco Mexico
- Mayan Palace Puerto Penasco, Mexico - Sonora