“Best Hotel In Puerto Penasco”

Penasco Del Sol Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Penasco Del Sol is one of the best Hotels I have stayed at Rocky Point. It is as good as the classy resorts but without the half hour drive into town. Its the perfect location with the beach footsteps away and various bars and restaurants down the street. Not to mention the professional management and staff who were great throughout my whole stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Boy034

Reviewed 8 July 2010

My wife and I had a very relaxing weekend in Puerto Penasco. It was our first time staying at Penasco Del Sol but it will not be our last. Everything from the food to the hospitality was great! We had no problems with any of our service, never had to wait in line for a drink or food. We have stayed at other hotels and condos in Rocky Point but we put this experience at the top.
Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Traveled with a group in a chartered bus from Phoenix for the Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers Concert on Saturday night, June 12. We arrived Friday afternoon. Check in was a breeze-staff met us with Margaritas, sign one pre-printed form, receive a wrist identity bracelet and room card key. The rooms were clean with plenty of towels which were replaced daily. I had a nice balcony with a terrific view of the pool area and beach. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby along with some swinging night spots. Breakfast is included and is on a par with the all you can eat breakfasts at Las Vegas 5 star hotels. Plenty of fruit choices, pancakes, pastries, sausage, juice, coffee, etc. They also had made to order omelets with over 18 choice of fillings-class act all the way. The only thing I found troubling was the booming and banging of kids throwing firecrackers on the beach at night, some of those things sounded like hand grenades going off. It was kind of comical, though, to see the police chasing after them. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and plan on coming back next year. Incidentally, I am 72 and our group age make up was from 21 thru 72.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I loved the swimming pools, the landscaping, the food, the service, and the recently renovated rooms. The beach by the hotel was good, but I really got to see how the other half lived when I went to the other end of the bay, where a cluster of hotels offer beach view rooms over gorgeous stretches of private beach. Still, we got a great deal and had a great time.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2009

We rode down for a motorcycle rally, as this was our first time we were a little concerned. The Hotel was clean and everyone friendly. With a large group of motorcycleist the pool area was at times loud, but no more than any other place we've been.(they closed the area at 10pm) Our rooms were clean and ready when we arrived. The morning buffet was a reasonable price and the food was good. Maxi's across the street had very good food at a nice price. I noticed that the rooms are a little less this week than last, but all in all we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roadglider11
Reviewed 25 August 2009

The service is not very good and the rooms are not so comfortable. But we happen an agreeable time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I am a Mexican woman traveling with my sister. We were born and raised in Sonora, Mexico. Language and culture was not an issue. What was an issue was the staff's rudeness. They acted bothered at us being there. My sister and I work hard for our money and are NOT drug traffickers. I guess the hotel doesn't cater to people in our catagory. I booked with Orbiz and was told by the staff that they don't honor Orbiz prices so we were charged more. We couldn't go somewhere else because we would have been charge a penalty. The swimming pool was over crowded with unsupervised kids and was dirty. The restaurant was expensive and the food was very poor. My advise: DON'T STAY THERE!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family