All reviews swim up bar in town bar b que great sandy beach rocky point bedroom ground floor unit check in was easy bottom floor beach vendors happy hour super ley onsite restaurant felt safe watch the sunset warm water king bed minute drive
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Even though this is listed as a hotel, they really are individual owned condos. We stayed in 301 W when we stayed in July 2014. It's a 3bd 2ba condo, with a full kitchen and a great view from the balcony. I have to say, as my first time in Rocky Point, this was amazing! I was suprised how great this was. The views from the balcony were amazing. I could have stayed there all day. The breeze, the views, breathtaking. I was stung by a jellyfish our first day there. The wave pushed it up on me. I went to the office/check in area, and they told me to go to the restarurant right next to the entrance and get windex. It helped. But my inlaws were going there for 17 years and never knew there were jellyfish! Figures! I wish the rooms would have something visible, or maybe something on the beach telling what may be in the water - especially for those who don't know! Besides that, the trip was fabulous. The bar near the hotels called Banditos was adorable! The live band was great. The food is really affordable at the resort. We went to La Casa de Capitan (its about a 15 min drive) and it was the best place to watch the sunset! So if you go, check them out! A great trip was had by all!

Room tip: 301 W was a 3bd 2ba room, and it was perfect for us! We had myself and my husband in one room, two kids in another, and my in laws in the other (we travelled with them). Great room! So much space! Be warned - walking in after being on the beach will get sand everywhere! Try to rinse off or have towels near the door to clean off otherwise sand will be tracked everywhere ! lol
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The resort was very disappointing. The facets leaked, the bed was uncomfortable, the advertised wireless worked only in the early morning (before 5 am). Would avoid the hotel. They also advertised a mini market on site that was closed.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have stayed at the Sea several times as well as the Spa. We stayed in room 404E which had a terrific view as they all do . Room was clean but overall owners need to do a maintenance on room. Screen on sliding door was really hard to open and close . Mattresses are very well used and not very comfortable. Our son and girlfriend stayed in spare bedroom and after 2 nights said floor would be more comfortable . I know you are not supposed to be on vacation to watch TV but a flat screen and a DVD player would have been nice. Overall room really is nice just needs a little TLC. Every person we encountered from pool bar to check in to the guards were always so nice and go out of their way to make your stay the best ever.Store in lobby was closed I think for good so if you needed something had to go next door to Spa which wasn't a big deal for us . We had a great time and can't wait to go back in October.

Room tip: All rooms face the ocean so I don't think there is one bad view.
Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Lynna H
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sonoran Sea on Sandy Beach is the place to be to relax and have fun with your family and friends! Check-ins are a breeze. The units are all very nicely appointed and stocked. We always stay in E406. Go to the Rocky Point Reservation website to view all rental condos. The property is the closest to the beach, so there's no hauling your "stuff" across a huge resort property, such as at Las Palomas. The pools are beautiful with cascading waterfalls and there is a great swim up bar with daily happy hour.One pool is always heated except during the summer. For your relaxation, there is an adult only jacuzzi... and of course there is a family jacuzzi for the entire family.

In addition to Ramon's Restaurant on site, there are some really great restaurants close by... no need to get in your car you can walk it! Max's Sonoran Grill - excellent food. When it comes to service, Maxi and her staff set the bar on the beach! Get there early for the prime rib on Fridays. The sangria is delicious! The Hut ( the Wreck's little sister) is another favorite- really good bar food, lots of TV's to watch your favorite sporting event.Live entertainment nightly. Super friendly staff and very attentive service. Stop in and say hi to Jen & Leo. The Med (in Las Palmas) your senses will be treated to a 6 course meal at an incredible price. Call(better to stop in a day or two before) to make arrangements for your group. During the slower seasons, most restaurants are closed on M/T and/or Wed - be sure to check schedule to plan your meals accordingly.

There is also a full service SPA next door at the Sonoran SEA.

We always have a great time getting massages on the beach, buying beautiful silver jewelre from the vendors on the beach and playing horseshoes and volleyball. Their is a dive shop on the premises where you can rent kayaks and other beach gear. Be sure to take a banana boat ride and try the fresh mangos with sweet/spicy sauce from the vendors on the beach!

Room tip: Buildings in the EAST Tower get the sunset views West have views of the Old Port.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SanFranciscoYo
Reviewed 17 January 2014

A rocky point vacation on Sandy Beach is a beautiful vacation spot with fabulous ocean views and white sand beaches as a fraction of the cost anywhere else. From the hotels to the food this is a great vacation value. Resort is right on the beach with great views from the rooms of the ocean that is much warmer than water in So Ca. at all times of the year.

Date of stay: November 2013