Stayed here for the first time. Celebrated my son's 5th birthday. Had everything planned out, birthday cake, food, pool party, just a day full of fun. Evening before party I noticed the refrigerator was not working. Called it in first thing in the morning. Called again 2 hours later to follow up. nothing. I requested something to be done because I was about to purchase groceries and what not for the party. They "accommodated" and let me use the condo's refrigerator from next door while they fixed mine. I was ok with this until about 3:30 pm when I went to take out the food from the borrowed refrigerator and it was empty. The Pre grilled steak's styrofoam plate was in the trash.THEY ATE IT! Cake and seafood were gone too. Maintenance supervisor stepped up and "located our birthday cake, seafood, and some of the steak" We ended up celebrating at around 9:30-10pm when my son was super tired and not wanting to do anything but sleep. Front desk staff was not very friendly or knowledgable in regards to what was going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palmas is an oceanfront resort comprised of privately-owned luxury homes and condominiums. The resort is located along Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. The town is commonly known as Rocky Point. Las Palmas reflects this new trend with its splendid architecture, groomed landscaping and family-oriented culture. The gated compound offers 24-hour security, heated pools, Jacuzzis, lighted parking and a spectacular club house with swim-up bar, kid's pool, exercise room, game room and spa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palmas Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Las Palmas Beachfront
- Las Palmas Puerto Penasco, Mexico - Sonora