“Stayed in condo D403”

Casa Blanca Golf Villas
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great condo with views of the sea and the old port area. Resort has three pools, 18 hole putting course and beautiful landscaping. It has 2BR and 2BA, fully equiped and upper end furnishings. It has WIFI and free phone calls to the US. I booked at VRBO www.vrbo.com/567146 where you can view, book and pay online with a credit card. I recommend this unit and will return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Ken H

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The condos and landscaping are very nice and private. This is not a resort.The pools are not the most modern although if you want to swim they are available. Recently a snack bar has been added. There is another pool being built close to the condos. If you would like to grill food they are available. There is not enough parking and the cars are not guarded. No management office for questions or check in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TortugaGrl
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have been going to Rocky Point for over 10 years and have stayed in many hotels and condos / resorts. When I stayed at Casa Blanca I couldn't wait to go back. I've stayed at Casa Blanca 3 times in the past year and the best condo I've stayed in is D 105. That condo offers so much more than any other I've stayed in. First, I have 2 dogs that go with me on vacation and this condo allows dogs. It's a ground floor unit with a large porch that opens directly onto the grassy area so it makes it really easy to walk my dogs. Also, the porch is right in front of one of the pools. (They're working on adding another super large pool and jacuzzi just to the left.) It has an outdoor electric grill so I can grill right on my porch, it has wifi, flat screen tv's, beach towels, beautiful furniture, filtered drinking water (so I didn't have to buy bottled water), granite kitchen counters, everything I could want in a kitchen and, an outdoor restaurant. However, if you're looking for excitement, music, dancing and the general party atmosphere, you won't find it here. But for people like me who want a quiet, peaceful, relaxing vacation, it's the absolute best and I will definitely request this condo every time I go!
I noticed on other reviews that Casa Blanca rated really low on service. The owners of this condo have managers handling everything and they me their contact information in case I needed anything so, I don't know what the others were talking about.

Room Tip: D 105 is the best location. It's right in front of a pool and very quiet but it have almost no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cjplaw1
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This property needs to be moved out of the hotel category. This is not a hotel. There is no staff. There is no lobby. There is no bar or restaurant. There is no office or room service. There is not even a work out room. Not even a posted phone number, glad I didn't have an emergency. They didn't even turn on the water feature for my first 5 days until the weekend.These are apparently privately owned condos that out of town owners rent out. 25% of the property looks abandoned mid-construction along with the largest main pool only partially constructed, dry and dusty. I am told this property has been this way for years, if the construction funds were uninsured and mismanaged, it's obvious. If they would just simply FINISH the construction, I am sure it would be everything the excellent location on the sea could become once completed. There are 12 other properties in Sandy Beach not in this condition.
The saddest part is the condo I stayed in was amazing. Granite countertops, luxury amenities, great ocean views, etc. But Rocky Point is 4-5 hours drive across the border to any major airports or cities, so the time dedication to get there is considerable. To pay for a flight, gas , rental car, mexico insurance and ultimately groceries just to arrive to no service, staff, food, office and abandoned pool and building construction and no recourse, I am compelled to post this review. Even if you wanted to buy a new unit that was "in progress", that did not appear as an option either as there was no info available anywhere on the property and the generic website looks not updated/untouched in the better part of a decade. There was not a single piece of equipment, construction crew or even a sign present in the 9 days I was there, leading me to believe the way I saw the property this year will be the same next year.

Room Tip: If you want a private, quiet condo experience literally away from it all, this could be for you
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Whatthecuss
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We rented a three bedroom, three bath from VRBO. It was fully furnished and had all amentities we could have possibly needed. Blender, crock pot, dishes, pans, utensils, towels, etc. Beautiful views, could also see dolphins from our balcony. The condo was clean and large enough to accomodate 7 of us. It was a short walk down to the beach for sunset viewing or just hanging out. Landscaping is beautiful and includes a putt putt golf course in the center area along with one heated pool and another unheated pool. The common areas were very nice and kept clean and in order. It was too long of a walk to carry beach items, so we filled our truck up with beach chairs, cooler, canopy, etc and drove down the private road to unload our stuff for a restful hangout at the beach. The security allowed us to keep our truck there, so that was nice. My only complaint is it wasn't clear if the pool by the beach was authorized usage for Casa Blanca residents. The restroom near this pool was locked, so had to walk down the path to restrooms located in center of complex. Felt safe and secure. Misc vendors on the beach selling pots, sunglasses, henna tattoos, etc. Did get a couple food vendors too. This complex is located right in the center of all the other condos in the area. The complex is still under construction. There is a slowwww elevator in the complex, but the stairs are faster if you can utilize them. Nice location and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Bobkatevan
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed in a private 3 bedroom condo. One of the condos to back away from to ocean. It was so nice and large. And just a short walk to the beach with a swimming pool right at the beach edge. Two nice pools up by the condos and a new one under way.The ground are very nice. And the guys that watch the area are very helpful. Booked this place through VRBO. 3 bedroom top floor corner unit $99 per night from a guy name Dan from Flagstaff.
We will be going back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank winterparkcabins
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Me and my soon to be husband stayed and the Casa Blanca for a business meeting for his company. (Very glad he let me come along!) The rooms were gorgeous. While the guys were out golfing and doing their thing, I could either stay in the room or go out and have some fun. They have beautiful pools to swim in or lay out by. But if you really feel like getting out you can take a walk through the town. Basically everyone there is very kind and helpful if you have any questions about anything. Even if you're like me and aren't the biggest golfer, the Casa Blanca can still be a place to make wonderful memories.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business