“Authentic and delicious.”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Popped in here for a sunday lunch after reading the revies on here. It does not disappoint. The outside as said is a bit tacky (the street) but once inside you enter a tranquil, dimly lit but beautifully decorated restaurant. If your eyes are in need of reading glasses I would advise you take them as it is very soft light.

The menu is beautifully presented (no tacky pictures) and my only gripe is that no-one offered to help us choose but not a gripe enough to take off a mark. The sushi and sashimi were delicious and prepared freshly and looked amazing and tasted wonderful,all 3 of us enjoyed our courses, would have like a dessert but they only do icecream but hey ho after food like that not much could top it.

The wine I had and beers my son and husband had were lovely, a little expensive but when paying for sashimi grade fish you expect that. Also there were Japanese diners too so always a good sign, all in all a lovely restaurant and worth getting out of MK to visit .

1  Thank Carole S

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went to eat here on Friday but couldn't get in as they were booked up. But we returned on Sunday to get a takeaway (we'd been working hard and were very scruffy) and the food is absolutely brilliant. We'll definitely be going back. It's not as cheap as a Chinese but definitely worth it.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Akasaka with a friend, we were staying nearby for the Grand Prix and after a day at Silverstone we had a need for some quality food and I'm glad to say that Akasaka did not disappoint the quality of the food, the taste texture and presentation were all superb along with some excellent front of house staff. We certainly were not expecting to find such a great quality restaurant behind the restaurant frontage but we were very glad to be proved wrong. Would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone and look forward to a return trip soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Treated by my son on the 25th. You would think Wolverton and Japanese do not go but yes they do! Once you enter the restaurant is cool and relaxing. The problems of the day just melt away. The food was to die for, as good as any we have had in London or abroad. I have never tasted tuna like it before. Staff friendly and very polite.
How we never knew this existed I don't know but will make up for lost time and visit again soon.

1  Thank Joan P
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Don't judge a book by its cover, never a more appropriate idiom. Behind the lacklustre front of just another block on the Stratford Road lies a magical gateway into this cool and serene Japanese restaurant. 'The usual' lunch for me would be the octopus balls, spicy Californian and tuna rolls, and their peach and lemon iced teas. But anything at all on the menu is both amazingly fresh and individually created to perfection. We just feel fortunate that this gem of a place has chosen Wolverton as its secret location!