“Really enjoyable”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Wolverton
Price range: US$7 - US$46
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Really enjoyable”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The sushi and sashimi were beautifully fresh. A pleasure to be able to access authentic Japanese food so close to home and for such reasonable prices. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank KAM105

Westport, Ireland
“a really great little japanese restaurant”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

my wife and I enjoyed a great Japanese meal in Akasaka, the restaurant is located in Wolverton, from the exterior do not be put off, the food is excellent and the staff lovely. we do not visit the area that often but will definitely return

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank mandr268
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“A Japanese Virgin...”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was a bit reluctant to go, I'd never had Japanese food before - nervous and dry-mouthed I entered the little (30 cover) restaurant, having parked in one of the ample spaces right outside. There were 12 of us, all but 4 of us were virgins. Such a large party would surely be a challenge for the chefs? The menu was easy to understand and there was loads of dishes to choose from. Priced well, this is an affordable night out. There were a couple of orders that came out a little late but the food was all beautifully cooked & presented. Great experience, my only criticism would be that some of the diners were a bit noisy but then, you can't take my family anywhere...

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Sue H
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Yay for Japanese restaurant in Wolverton”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As someone put on a review, about the only reason to go to Wolverton, but the food was just great, would recommend it and we will certainly visit again, often.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank R0bbie26
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A reason to go to Wolverton”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a lovely little restaurant in an unprepossessing part of Stratford Road. Once inside the front door you leave that behind and enter a dimly lit and nicely fitted out restaurant. We were greeted and seated immediately by polite front of house staff. The young waitress then answered our questions about the best way to work our way through a meal, pointing out what was filling and telling us that if we found we hadn't had enough we could simply order more sushi at any stage of our meal. We had a selection of sushi between us, my particular favourite being the tuna belly. My wife had the tempura prawn for the main course. The batter was a bit thicker than I expected for tempura and the accompaniments were a little small, but the prawns themselves were tasty. My wife made up for the lightness of the dish by ordering some extra sushi. Not having been here before I went with what I know and had chicken teriyaki. It was a good plate of food and I will be more adventurous next time. The service throughout the meal was well paced, helpful and polite. We had starters, mains, a bottle of wine and a pot of green tea and the bill came to £48 which I thought was pretty good. All in all I enjoyed the experience and will be back.

• Visited July 2014