“Could have been much better”
Review of Harvey's Streetfood Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Harvey's Streetfood Bar & Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Street Food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Could have been much better”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

So this is fairly new and we ventured out from work, there were 14 of us in total. The food is really good, homemade authentic burgers and I think if you were in a small party it would have been fine.

We booked a few weeks ago so they had notice but they just didn't seem to be able to cope, we had to sit across two tables which was a small point but they also could not serve food all at once, so we ending up eating individually! I guess that as they are only small perhaps they've not had many/any large groups of people in there, but we had to wait about 1 and a half hours for food, which was poor.

There are no drinks on tap, only bottle and all charged at £3.70 so expensive really for a small bottle. We did not get offered a second drink until after we have finished (some two hours after we arrived) so in a way it was good as our bill would have been rather large!

As I say, i think if you were in a small group, 2 or 4 people then this would be nice. But as a large party they were not able to manage it successfully which is a shame.

Rated as poor due to the fact that if you cannot manage a large booking then do not accept it. If you want large bookings perhaps get us to pre-order, sort out the seating so we sit together, have more staff to be able to mange us etc.

Good food but let down by the service.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank bobg74

Milton Keynes, UK
“Great value, quality food”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We decided to give Harveys a go after reading so many good reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We had a friendly welcome and as our table was still being prepared we were served drinks in the nice bar area. I can recommend the Anchor Steam beer. We didn't have to wait too long and we were shown to our table. I just had garlic bread to start but it was really tasty as it looked like it had been made with real garlic! It is quite a big portion though so propably better for sharing. My partner had the Brazilian black bean soup and although not homemade she said it was very tasty. For my main I had the Sweet Chilli Salmon with onion rings and sweet potato fries. The salmon was beautiful, it was nice and moist, flaked apart easily and the sweet chilli glaze was delicious. The sweet potato fries were really tasty too. My partner had the falafels which were homemade and again were very good. The restaurant, which was decorated by Mick the part owner, wasn't full but there were quite a few people in there so it was still a good atmosphere. The service was friendly and we had a good chat about the restaurant and the food with both the waitress and Mick the owner. I would definitely return, it makes a change to have a small friendly local restaurant that serves good quality homemade (mostly) food at reasonable prices.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great Value and Warm Atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Harvey's does affordable food that's tasty. I was disappointed that it was not possible to get a cheese burger without accompanying salad unless I upgraded to the cheese and bacon burger. However, having tasted said cheese and bacon burger I have to say it was great and I was not too upset at the upgrade. The accompanying chips were good and you got a good portion.
My partner had a sandwich with a side salad and that was filling and tasty.
I went for desert and had chocolate cake and ice cream. It wasn't quite as good as the main course, being v. definitely shop bought and microwaved. However, it provided a tasty and filling desert.
The staff were friendly and the surroundings were fresh and friendly.
We had two good meals, one with wine and a desert, for under £30........you can't do much better for the price.

• Visited August 2014
“Burger fantastic - welcome less so”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

If I was just rating the burger it would be outstanding. And I hate to give a local business less than excellent but I think there are a few teething issues to work on. However, we would go back to see if these were resolved. I believe they are updating the menus on Monday so this is based on how it was.

Firstly we arrived just before 12 to find they weren't yet open. The website said open from 11:30 and food from 12. So after hanging around in the car park for 10 minutes we went back. I don't know if they were short staffed or if the website is wrong.

When we did get in it felt a little like you were visiting a friend but had turned up too early and weren't really wanted yet.

Then my partner ordered an item which she came back to say wasn't in. So he reordered to be told that also wasn't there. She did say there had been an issue with the fridge over night so hopefully it was a one off.

We had the groupon vouchers which don't come with the sides detailed on the menu. Fair enough but it might have been better to specify that on the groupon site.

We ordered 4 burgers, chips, sweet potato fries, onion rings and chicken wings.

Food took a while to come. But obviously it is freshly cooked. But add that to the extra time because we had to go away and come back and we were all getting very hungry. With 3 young kids that wasn't the best.

When they came the burgers were lovely. Just the right amount of garnish. The sweet potato fries are absolutely delicious. Really scrumny and crispy. Unfortunately onion rings and chips tasted like frozen ones.

Would have been nice to try dessert - I think that's coming on the new menu.

The decor is nice but the toilets hadn't been cleaned that morning.

It was child friendly - there was a kids menu. It would be helpful if that was on the web.

1 Thank fueldiva99
“Now my regular!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friend has been telling me to eat at Harvey's for ages now. I finally got there and soon realised what I'd been missing! With a warm welcome, clean and relaxed dining area and bar and the most delicious home made burgers with salad chips and dips, all at a good price, I just had to go back. I like the burgers so much that i haven't tried anything else from the menu yet! I love the sweet potato chips too, their the nicest I've had. Home made milkshakes are also very tasty. Will be going back to work my way through the menu :)

• Visited July 2014