Fiesta Inn(Xalapa)
US$49
US$56
US$54
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

US$55
US$26
Auto-Hotel Mediterraneo(Xalapa)(Great Value!)
US$17
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2015

This is a pretty standard hotel for the price range.

Bedrooms are appropriately spacious, service is good, and it even has a small pool area.

Things that could improve:
- The very small outdated gym
- The two elevators only fit four people, and are terribly slow

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My positive experience with HB Hotel Xalapa started the moment I walked in the front door. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and attentive. My room was large and spacious, very clean and well appointed, I liked the marble floors and the big window view. (The front of the hotel faces a busy busy roadway, so make sure you ask for a room on the opposite side, otherwise your sleep may be disturbed by traffic!).

I was visiting Xalapa to see friends, but was also on business, to me this is a perfect business hotel, well situated and with perks that business people need like free wireless for your computer. I ate breakfast every morning in the hotel restaurant were an excellent buffet style meal was available for 110 Mexican Pesos, about $10, good value and great variety. I did not use the pool or the gym, but did use the business centre. I noticed there were some wedding parties as well at the hotel, so that would indicate they have banquet rooms available.

I liked this hotel, it was quite reasonably priced, very clean, great friendly staff, and well appointed. It's probably a 3 1/2 Star quality lodging, and does a great job and gives super value for the prices they charged. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

If you are on a business trip it's a nice place to stay, some rooms are noisy because of the highway in front of the hotel.

In my stay the WiFi connection was too slow.

But the rooms are comfortable, clean and it nearly half what you would pay at the Fiesta Inn that is close by.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Luis K
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This hotel reminded me of a Holiday Inn. It looked looked like a safe bet, It wasn't.

Our trip to Xalapa would come to a foul end in this hotel. By the second day, my Mexican wife was complaining of insect bites. She thought they were mosquitoes from dinning outdoors. By the third night, she was in distress while I had yet to be bitten, but it was obvious the problem was in the room.

It seemed clean and tidy, but was infested with bedbugs or perhaps fleas. We never learned which. We immediately packed and asked to see the manager.
We were amazed to learn he knew of the problem. He said that rooms in the hotel were being fumigated by the best firm in the city, but he offered nothing to compensate our misery. He put the fumigator on the phone to speak to Patricia who told her all pests had, in fact, been eliminated and demanded to see her bites if we could wait an hour for him to arrive.
We were in no mood for such rubbish. We presented the manager with squished corpses of the pests to show whomever and departed. Thye Manager offerred nothing in the way of compensation and very little sympathy. We seemed to be just another victim, altho able to comunicate our displeasure in Spanish.

Little did we know we were transporting the critters in our suitcases and they would later setup shop in our home. I only got bites, but Patricia contracted <i>Proteus OX-19,</i> typhoid like disease,.

If you must stay in this hotel, first ask if ask if the bed bug problem has been fixed.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmexAjijic
Reviewed 23 April 2010

This is a new hotel in Jalapa (or Xalapa). It is clean. Rooms are big and nicely (though anynomous) decorated. A business style hotel with a good price.

Our room had 2 beds. As Mexicans seem to like small beds, you could sleep with 4. But I found them more for 1.5 person then for 2, so I would only see it more as a 2 person room.

Bathroom is clean and has a bath (where you can shower). Good quality for the price.

We ate in the room, using room service. The food could have been better.

The biggest downside (as in a lot of Mexican hotels that focus on Mexicans and not on international visitors) is that the bed is soo hard, you wake up and feel tired.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family