“Just hope you don't need to call one of their guest”
Review of Ramada Plaza Leon

Ramada Plaza Leon
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Leon
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I needed to reach someone who I know what staying at this hotel and the lady answering the phone did not want to take a message saying since she tried ringing the person they were not in their room and if they were out there would be no way to know when they come in. How unprofessional. I asked that a note be slid under the guest's room. Is it possible they don't know how important messages can be?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank salcar88
HOTEL H J, Manager at Ramada Plaza Leon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Salcar 88:

We appologize for the inconvenient. Our actual procedures in front desk is to take the message for guesst if they are not available.

Thanks for your comments

We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Leon

Reviewed 6 July 2010

This hotel is truly amazing. First off, I would recommend anyone that stays here get the suite with plaza view. The view of centro historico is remarkable and the room itself is enormous, with two king beds, and a separate room with two sofas (one being a sofa bed) and also A/C. The bathroom is huge with a separate bath and shower and also closet space. Secondly, they have transportation to/from the airport. The airport is quite far so this saves you about 290 pesos each way. Finally, the service is excellent. They helped us get a safe deposit box which we used numerous times and also once we had clothing delivered which was placed in the room. Everyone was truly kind and more than gracious. One tip, I'd recommend you send an e-mail directly to the hotel at reserv@hjleon.com because you can get much better rates by communicating with the reservations office directly than from booking online. The lady I spoke with is Eva Hernandez, very helpful. This is everything and more that a hotel should be and I was truly swept off my feet!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank slickvik69
HOTEL H J, Gerente at Ramada Plaza Leon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Slickvik69:

We apreciate your comments, they are so valuable for us, to improve our facilities and services. Sorry for anwering so far, but it wasn't available to manage this page. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2009

I stayed in this hotel a handful of times between January - June 2009. The best part about this hotel is its location overlooking Leon's zocalo. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly/efficient. I always stayed in one of the upgraded rooms with a large terrace overlooking the zocalo. A wall of glass doors separates the room from the terrace and the sliding doors opened nearly all the way, giving the feeling of the terrace being a part of the room. These rooms also had a large bedroom area and a sitting/dining area separated by a partition. The bathroom was on the larger side. The furnishings/decor are a bit outdated, but in good condition.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your comments. In Howard Johnson Hotel Condesa, we feel proud to serve our guests. We hope to see you soon again.

Grettings

Reviewed 2 September 2008

My husband and I spent four nights at the Hotel Condesa while on a short business trip. The hotel is located on one side of the central plaza in the center of the old part of the city, about one-half hour by taxi from the airport. It is not what most people would think of as a Howard Johnson hotel. It is, in fact, a very old colonial-style hotel that was bought some years ago by the Howard Johnson company. Our room was on the second floor and was clean and spacious, though a bit dated in terms of decor. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Most speak at least some English, so you shouldn't expect any major problems with communication. The hotel's main lobby restaurant and bar is also very clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast there all three mornings. It features an American-style breakfast for those who want one, but we opted for the Mexican-style breakfast instead. It is simply fantastic and a very good value! We also had dinner there one evening and we were not disappointed. Restaurant staff and service are well above average. We booked our room directly through Howard Johnson's main reservation number and we had no problems with check-in or with our bill. Our only disappointment was that we weren't able to book a room overlooking the central plaza, since none were available during our stay. However, during check-out we did manage to sneak a peek from one of the rooms while it was being cleaned and the view of the plaza was quite charming. Try to get one of these rooms if you can. We have traveled extensively throughout Mexico and have stayed in hotels at many different price points. Although the Hotel Condesa is not the fanciest we've stayed in, we will definitely stay there again the next time we're in Leon.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank lazymaisey

Dear Lazymaisey:

Grettings :)

Reviewed 14 February 2008

My hubby and I and also my parents stayed at the Condesa for 1 night Feb 7th. Our room was fine but my parents room had a NASTY smell in it from the sewer. As we arrived late at night my parents did not complain till the next morning and they were given 2 free American Breakfasts. Apart from this the Hotel was very clean, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Location is great and there is a small Bar/Restaurant in front of the hotel which is a great place to sit and have a beer or two.
I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Reviewed 6 June 2007

I stayed at this property on June 2nd 2007 for 3 nights. Located right in the heart of the center of the colonial section of town, this property puts you at the footsteps of Colonial Leon. I arrived early in the morning (@ 10AM) and the front desk staff promptly located a room for me to check into even though check-in time was not until 3PM. I reserved and checked into a standard room. It did not have a view and it was smoking room; not a problem with me for I work in the hotel industry and appreciated the fact that the staff was able to accomodate my extremely early check-in. However, after one full day of no A/C I decided to call the front desk and change rooms for the balance of my stay. I spoke with a wonderful lady named Heidi that works the front desk and she promptly booked me into the Junior Suite facing the plaza with a balcony.

The very next day after traveling the Guanajuato contryside, I returned to the hotel to find my new room ready and all of my luggage already in the room. I went back downstairs and thanked Heidi personally. The front desk staff is very, very helpful in arranging any transportation needs or questions about the area. They never give a feeling as if you are bothering them.

The standard rooms were not that great but very affordable but the Junior Suite was great. It had newer furnishings, a fantastic view, balcony, in room music, seperate shower and a seperate tub, parlor area, coffee maker, dinning area and A/C. Well worth the additional cost.

If you stay in the colonial area, bear in mind that none of the hotels will have a pool. Having a pool would have been nice in June, but really not needed.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple

Dear WLVY:

Grettings :)

Reviewed 11 October 2006

I booked this hotel from the reviews I read here and was not dissapointed. Its smack in the middle of everything you want to get to in this great colonial town. You exit the hotel lobby and you are in the center of this great Plaza with places to eat and people watch. Also there are a number of bars that might get loud at night. Keep this in mind if you are getting a room facing the plaza. It has plenty of parking on back and its easy to find once in town. I stayed here during a road trip that included visits to the towns of Zacatecas, Aguascalientes and Guanajuato. They all are within 2 hours of each other and Guanajuato is specially close. Place has internet in the lobby and a good restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple