“Best of Veracruz”

Holiday Inn Veracruz-Boca Del Rio
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Boca del Rio
Reviewed 27 January 2014

While the Holiday Inn may find it a bit cold and impersonal, the hotel is very comfortable, with friendly attention , its location is the best in town, you are close to everything and even has a tunnel that connects you with the private beach. All graunds and common áreas are inmaculates.
The beach is small with gray sand, and as were a Little cold we don´t use it. Also has a large swimming pool.
The room was huge with two large windows and a beautiful sea view. The bathroom was very complete, with good amenities.
The bed also huge and very comfortable to rest.
The breakfast buffet has everything you want and a little more, all fresh and well presented products.
As I said, this hotel is in the best area of Boca del Rio, with a lot of restaurants just crossing the Street, aside from the casino, and five minutes drive from the center of Veracruz.
A $ 145 per day room is the best choice in town.

Room Tip: Don´t miss a coffee in La Parriquis, it´s a must!! And visit the acuarium, it´s amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank migreo

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We spent $84 for a nights stay. Valet parking, professional staff, very friendly staff also. Great facilities, gym, pool and high speed Internet. A lovely experience. Fridges in the room, we stayed in 129 would have been an aded bonus, but overall great value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had a short 3 day stay in Veracruz and we stayed at this nice hotel. The best of this hotel is the incredibly delicious buffet breakfast, real local food is served at a reasonable price (8 euros).
Rooms are enormous and bathroom is clean. Would stay there any time I'm in Veracruz.

Downside: Receptionists not polite and unaware of online bookings. Make sure you get the room you paid for, in our case they had to give us 2 free buffet breakfast as compensation. We booked a room with sea view and they gave us something else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

They didn't have the standard room that I had paid for so they put me in a great room with a balcony with a view of the ocean and pool. I came for business and the hotel is very nice. Clean rooms. Helpful staff. (I forgot my sweater in a taxi and they helped me get it back.). The food at the buffet is fine, nothing special but a very good value. Funnily enough the dinner buffet and breakfast buffet are the same but they add fruit and pastries and juices to the breakfast one. Pool is very nice. It's on the ocean which is pretty to look at but not much of a beach. Overall, very satisfied. I can be quite nit picky and the only thing I found is that the Internet connection isn't super fast but it's good enough, I would stay here again for sure!!

Room Tip: Ocean view with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I was at this hotel in November of 2012 for a week. The hotel is well located in the Center of the city. Food is ok service also good. The hotel is clean and well maintain. The only downfall is not many employee speak English but they are very keen to help.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have stayed here at the Holiday Inn several times, but it has been about 8 years since I was last here. The place has been remodeled and is just beautiful. The lobby is great the swimming pool and hot tubs look out over the Gulf as does the Restaurant which completely glassed walls. Free Internet and really spacious rooms. Some rooms have a balcony which overlooks the Gulf also, but my room was a pool view. The Mall of the Americas is right across the street one way and a beach on the other side across the street. The staff is great and the restaurant food was good by Hotel Standards. I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in Veracruz.

Room Tip: The quality of the beds could be better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mikeyy
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here for two weeks at the end July/ beginning of August. My room was on the 4th floor with a gorgeous view over the pool and ocean. Beautiful sunrises. I was in for work and had to get up far to early. I can not say enough good things about the restaurant, every single meal was wonderful, both colleagues and i agreed. There were 6 of us eating, no body had any complaints The staff were always friendly and helpful. The WiFi in the rooms and public areas worked fine but a bit slow at peak times. The beds were comfortable (for me anyway) . As for Veracruz, the violence of last year has died down so the place is fairly safe, Lots and lots of local families come and stay here at the weekend. The pool is beautiful but not very clear. I ended up paying about 50% more than my colleagues for reasons which remain opaque to me.

Room Tip: Mine was on the sea/pool side, higher the better. Nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
#3 of 28 in Boca del Rio
Fiesta Americana Veracruz
Fiesta Americana Veracruz
#2 of 75 in Veracruz

Been to Holiday Inn Veracruz-Boca Del Rio? Share your experiences!