“Very nice room with ocean view, kind of expensive.”

Camino Real Veracruz
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca del Rio
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed at this Hotel in one of my business trips to Veracruz. Overall is an upscaled hotel with very nice lobby the most attentive staff and very big room.
the Pros:

-Very helpful and nice staff
-Big standard room with a view to the Ocean
-Nice Pool
-Bathroom supplies of high quality.

Cons:
-Restaurant VERY expensive (be ready to pay airport prices for anything)
-Breakfast very poor, mostly spicy food.
-Internet access must be paid after your first day.
-I am surprised i was not charged for using the elevator (anything from the internet to the coffee of the room gets charged, as expensive as if you were in an Airport, do not be surprised to pay US$4.00 for a diet coke)
-Very old TV in bedroom, with poor quality (no digital)
-Forget about early check-in, no rooms are available before 3:00PM if your flight arrives in the morning, go downtown or to your business..

I you stay in this hotel, you better get a taxi to a close mall or downtown, taxi fares are 3 to 4 bucks, and you get higher quality and cheaper meals.

Overall if you just need to sleep in a nice bed...it is a good stay..

Room Tip: Rooms a big with a sofa, mine as with a view to the Gulf of Mexico, very nice breeze in the evening.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I thought Camino Real was a nice chain, it can be but this hotel is terrible, very dirty. When we went to sleep the sheets were dirty. When we came back we did not have any clean towels at all. Please stay at another Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are very small
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pai M
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I came and booked this hotel because I have stayed in many Camino reals in Mexico City .

1. Construction going on
2. Non smoking rooms are smelling of smokes
3. The restaurant is slow and good is average.
4. The reception to check in takes like 30 min.
I mean better stay fiesta Americana next doors .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our room was very large with fantastic views of the city and ocean. The bathroom was okay and clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room amenities were very good. With only two elevators serving the entire hotel, plan for long waits. The lobby is quite boring and the restaurant/lounge areas are souless. The breakfast buffet is very expensive and not very good but the morning staff are friendly and attentive. The outdoor eating area is really quite ugly and looks like an after thought to the hotel. The food was expensive, only "okay" and the service was quite unfriendly. Apart from the room, we were not impressed by this hotel.

Room Tip: The end hallway rooms have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2013

When we were driving there from the airport, I've been told that we are going to a 5* hotel. In fact it was quite a mess. Especially that smell from local resaturant everywhere, even at the top floors. It is still chasing me. Some greasy but bitter and sour smell sticking to your hair and clothes.You don't need it. Staff doesn't give a .... about anything, even don't want to go into details. Blankets, towels and furniture are in a very poor shape. Simply, I am sure that there are better places to stay in Veracruz than this stinky shelter. If the owners decide to make it a better place, they should first demolish it completely.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank George_D74
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed in Camino Real for 2 days and its the worse Hotel Ever.......
When I arrived at the Hotel at 6 pm the room wasn't even ready.. Could you Believe that????
I ask the receptionist why? all she could say was for high capacity... I asked her to get her manager ... the Manager (her name is GABRIELA) was so rude she ignored me while I was asking her about the room and why it wasn't ready when I payed for it one month in advance, and she just ignore me.... I guess the girl that was originally helping me felt so bad she apologies for her own boss.... she also mention I wasn't the first guess with this complain and she said she felt sorry for me cuz I ended up in the worse HOTEL in Veracruz... The Own Employees saying that.... BUT anyways when I arrive at the Room that was given to me at 8 pm... the rooms was dirt and it smell like a dog had been there.... I called the front desk and she said she would send someone no one came to clean it up....the following night the same problem the room was dirty they didn't change my towels and I ended up calling the front desk again and they repeated the same thing "someone would be up soon" that was at 8pm and finally at 10pm I went downstairs and this girl I haven't seen at the front gave me this rude attitude and told me "she couldn't do anything for me and all I could do is to wait.... I finally had it and left the hotel for 11pm with nothing done to solve the problems the hotel cause since I arrive.... I left to a JARAGUA Hotel and it was the best experience ever ...I even stayed 2 days more ... but honestly this hotel is the worse ever I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL...DONT GO!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SakuraHouston
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This uniquely Mexixan resort is right on the beach and has beautiful views. Restaurant serves good food - although staff English is poor but they really try to please. Rooms are adequate and comfortable, bathrooms well lit and our balcony was nice although due to windy days we didn't use it. On really windy days sand does blow into pool, but as soon as weather clears they clean it out! I enjoyed this hotel (and I'm a really discerning, picky customer). I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the first floor (only rooms with large balconies and chairs). Ours faced the pool an...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 76 in Veracruz
Galeria Plaza Veracruz
Galeria Plaza Veracruz
#1 of 27 in Boca del Rio

Been to Camino Real Veracruz? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Camino Real Veracruz

Address: Boulevard Manuel Avila Camacho 3650 | Fracc. Costa de Oro Zona Hotelera, Boca del Rio 94299, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Veracruz > Boca del Rio
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 On the Beach Hotel in Boca del Rio
Price Range: £59 - £99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Camino Real Veracruz 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camino Real Veracruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Camino Real Veracruz Hotel Boca Del Rio