“Nice hotel in Mexicali”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Mexicali
Sonoma County, CA
“Nice hotel in Mexicali”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've stayed at the Araiza and eaten at this hotel but wanted to try it out. The bar and restaurant are great, the rooms, at least the cabanas are sweet. A little noisy if people are being loud outside but the pool and fountain are nice. The continental breakfast, which is 12 dollars should be skipped, pretty bad. Not sure if the buffet is better? Food in the bar was great. Room was clean and bathroom updated.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelleyanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 November 2013

At the Hotel Lucerna Mexicali, there are always staff members out and about on the grounds making sure all is perfect. On my first visit, when I couldn't find the lobby as I walked through the verdant garden from the parking lot, a hotel employee who happened to be walking by immediately stopped what she was doing and guided me personally and directly to the front desk to the kind Augustin Cedeno and Rudolfo. I appreciated that extra dose of service. In addition, when I made my room reservation, reservations manager Ileana Valle was most gracious and helpful with requested maps and restaurant reservations. As for the rooms, I enjoy staying in one of the three free-standing casitas---mine is Room 150--they are spacious, private and comfortable.

Room Tip: Book one of the three free-standing casitas----Rooms 150, 111 or 128.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CharlesCorreia
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I chose Lucerna because I can accumulate Aeromexico miles, paid for my room through hotels.com. At check in, they told me "you can't redeem your miles because you booked through a travel agency, we don't know what rate you got, you need to book through US so you can get your miles" and turned away. That really ruined the experience for me, sorry for the good service, good food and good location. Lucerna, understand this business travelers like myself, expend a lot of time away from home and our families, at least we can get something out of it! And I mean the miles. I received an email and a phone call after I finished writing the after stay survey and the manager tried to lecture me on other reward programs, unlucky for her, I'm a Platinum member on the program she was attempting to lecture me. Will be my first and last visit to Lucerna.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Accompanied my husband on business trip. We stayed in a lovely bungalow room only draw back was interior so dark & under performing air conditioning unit meant I had to venture out into 46 degree heat for light & parasol to read- whilst my husband went to work .(only mad dogs & mid day sun comes to mind!!!) our 3 day stay was lovely - enjoyed exclusive use of pool - lovely attentive staff. My husband returns for 8th visit in November so can't be all bad!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

excellent rooms and service, great food!
I stayed here on a work trip, I arrived extra tired and by the next I was as good as new, great relaxing rooms, no noise, great neighborhood to go out at night, food was great, everybody was really nice and made sure I felt good with my stay

• Stayed October 2013
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Last year made dreadful mistake by not staying at La Lucerna. Just enjoyed peaceful stay with my husband at La Lucerna in Mexicali. Staff was friendly and remembered us from previous visits. We we're upgrade to a cabana on last night there with fair rate. Ventured into pool to relax at night. Enjoyed peaceful meals at the restaurant on site which had menu accommodating my diet. The grounds are well maintained and give sense of tranquility. Highly recommend to anyone worth staying here.

Room Tip: If visit from U.S having Bank of America account there is no ATM fee getting money from Santander AT...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Old world Mexico combined with new world business. This is the place to stay when in Mexicali. I have stayed here many times over the years, you will love it. The Lucerna has two great pools, a wonder water feature/waterfall and an excellent feeling to it. With its great restaurants and lounge you fell right at home with the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business