“Best hotel in the Mexicali/Clexico area”
Review of Araiza Mexicali

Araiza Mexicali
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Mexicali
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best hotel in the Mexicali/Clexico area”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been traveling to Mexicali for the past year and have always stayed on the US side of the border. I recently decided to stay in Mexico and choose the Araiza. It has a very nice property, the main areas are clean and well let. I stayed in the suite section of the hotel, the rooms were very large and had a separate living room with a kitchenette and a bedroom.

The breakfast buffet had a large selection of traditional Mexican food and an egg station for made to order omelets.

My only complaint is that the internet was a tad bit slow in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

While my husband and I have stayed in this Hotel for many years and have drinks at their Bar few times before, this past weekend was a chock...we found out that if you order an Amaretto and kaluha drink you are going to be charge for two drinks!!!!! $19.50 to be exact! The server didn't mention a think it was no drink menus but when we got our bill (it was 4 of us) our total bill was $120.00 Dollars!! I asked to talk to the manager wish proceed to tell me that that was it! It was nothing he could do about it.
I told him we were not told,we were not mention the charges...after a loud conversation with him he agree to give us $20.00 off!!!!! Just be aware for the future. I'm very unhappy with their
Service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank em0520
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Reviewed 21 June 2014

In order to participate to some seminars for my work in Mexicali, I got the tip to stay at hotel araiza, well near the center and in a rather quite place. So I reserve by mail and fix everithing in advance. Upen arrival the people of the desk offer me to choose the room I liked most, on the left side of the entrance, a little fare avay of the pool, because I guess that clientes of the hotel will stay over there at night. In fact back from a restaurant nearby we also stay around the pool for a while and had a nice night swim. The next day we went to a very nice breakfest buffet and enjoy cold and warm food. We were very happy with our stay and had the pleasure to stay again at an other opportunity because we were very pleased with hotel and services.

Room Tip: ask for a room not next to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jean Pierre B
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I was here several occasions and never dissapointed. The food is great as usual, breakfast or dinner, a lot of options available. Especially mixed fajitas or tacos. The rooms are nice and clean, wifi a little slow. The gym needs to be improved.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank drizz12
MALIBU
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here during Valentine's weekend. We really enjoyed the service and the hotel itself. Everyone is helpful and the front desk even made our dinner reservations for us at a local steakhouse in Mexicali. We stayed in the Superior Room - European Plan which has very nice modern decor. Beds are nice, firm and comfortable. Even though our room was fairly close to the elevator we didn't have any issues with noise at all. We were very pleased with our stay and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Had we known breakfast would been that expensive for buffet, we would have included that in our pack...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BREAZA
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived for our friends' cousin's wedding. The drive was exhausting but once we got there the service was perfect! We were greeted with an at your service concierge and even helped us with our luggage! He took us to our room which by the way was awesome! They had upgraded our room to a suite do to the occasion but at no extra charge! Once in the room everything was to our liking..they gave us an extra bed just in case and were at our service whenever we wanted! The bathroom was clean and they had both Mexican and American channels so we enjoyed both! All in all I would totally recommend this place!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pris-diaz
Hayward, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great and comfortable hotel. Large and relaxing rooms. Outstanding Dining options. The Japanese restaurant was amazing. The buffet for dinner and breakfast is quality at an outstanding price. The internet connection was only okay.
But I highly recommend The Araiza!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business