“Thieves”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Mexicali
Riverside, California
“Thieves”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I forgot shoes in my room and came back to get them and they were missing......I informed staff and no one claimed to see it. My shoes were expensive and obviously they weren't going to return them..... Never again will I stay here ....the hotel manager should be ashamed for hiring thieves..,.no one helped me out either....

• Stayed March 2014
Marlen C, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Junior Mexicali, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for contacting us, we want to apologize for what happened during your stay, we commented that the forgotten items are left on guard and can be ordered directly at reception

Waiting us the chance to have your preference and serve you as you deserve.
We are at your service.
GREETINGS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mexicali
Reviewed 11 March 2014

City junior needs train front desk!
I made reservation on line, 1 room 2beds for 2 nights, March 6th& 7 th (2 people) and another room 2 beds for 1 night, March 7 th (2 people). I called hotel to reconfirm one day before to stay and also we double check reservation when we arrived first day.
But when 2 more people arrived second day another room was cancelled by hotel.
We were told by staff “Somebody hotel staff cancelled by mistake, but I will give you 1 room for 3 beds as same price, let me confirm.”
After we waited 1 hour and half we were told “We cannot provide that room but we can offer 1 single room (of course one bed!) for 2 people, as same price.” “?????? What are you talking about? We need 2 beds for 2 more people because we came for business trip! They are not couple”
Receptionist called different places but cannot give us solution. Even though no apology for inconvenient and said “Manager is coming to hotel so you need to wait.” “???????? How long we need to wait at Lobby???? Until Manager arrive at hotel??? We are so tired want to take a rest as soon as possible. ”
Finally 2 hours later, Manager called us by phone said “We will give you 2 single rooms as same price (as 1 room for 2 beds.)”
How difficult to make solution and recover their mistake!
On top of that, when we check out, there was no NOTE about mistake and staff tried to charge us for extra single room which supposed not charge. We needed to explain again and wait 40 min to check out.
Very inconvenient and no apology by staff. In my opinion, they shouldn’t charge 2 single rooms for 1 night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Cesar G
marlen c, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Junior Mexicali, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest

First of all I want to offer you an apology for any inconvenience during your stay in reference with the incident with the service the reception as this helps us to identify our areas of opportunity and work on them to improve the quality of our services; we reported that we have implemented corrective action in relation to your comment.
Waiting us the chance to have your preference and serve you as you deserve.

We are at your service.
GREETINGS

Travellers are raving about these Mexicali hotels

Norwalk, California
Reviewed 18 June 2013

First off, I have stayed at this hotel on prior occasions and never had any problems until this last stay. I made reservations for the hotel through booking.com. On the day of our arrival, we were helped by the desk employee named "Silvia". To make a long story short, she did not honor the price I was given on my reservation so we ended up paying a higher price. To top it off, we got our room and the minute we opened the door, WOW! the stench of sewage hit us. We turned on the A/C thinking it would dissipate. it didn't, so I complained to Silvia, who instead of immediately giving another room, called the security guard to go up with me and check "my story". Once the guard told her that it did smell, she moved us to another room. I asked her if she didn't believe me to which she responded that she did but that she still had to check. In other words she didn't believe me. I was very disappointed overall about my stay this time around. My wife said she did not want to stay at this hotel ever again. We are originally from Mexicali and visit family often, so I guess we will just have to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of hallways are quieter and rooms with 1 bed are a little more spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank George M
ControlCalidad, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Junior Mexicali, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Good afternoon George,

Thanks for contacting us, we want to apologize for what happened to her room and reception service Rest assured that corrective actions are being taken to prevent this from recurring. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your experience. Which are taken into account in order to grow and take advantage of our opportunity areas.
Hope to continue with their preference in future occasions

Thank you very much!
Fresno, California
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I just returned from a short trip to Mexicali for a graduation from a Bible school. I reserved two nights at the hotel upon the recommendation of a friend. I found the room to be very clean as was the restroom. The air conditioner worked very well (very important in Mexicali). I found the bed to be very comfortable. I have stayed at another hotel that had a nice bed but it was just too firm or hard for me. I was very happy to find this bed had a mattress that was not too hard...just right. Also I was happy that the free WiFi worked vey well. I had a little trouble finding the hotel so here are my directions that might help. If you are on the main street, Blvd Lazaro Cardenas heading east...as you are approaching a bridge or overpass take the ramp just before the overpass/bridge to the right. At the corner where you see a Burger King turn right or south. After you go by a casino you will see the hotel on your right. The security at the hotel was very good.
As for the area, just a short distance away is a nice indoor mall anchored by a Mega store with several restaurants around the area. The price was very reasonable and included an adequate breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
ControlCalidad, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Junior Mexicali, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear guest.

Thanks for contacting us, it is a pleasure to know that your stay in our hotel City Junior Mexicali, meet your expectations and know that our service standards and quality made ​​him feel very comfortable during their stay.

We said goodbye to you, but first thank you for your preference.
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was waiting for this hotel to be listed..... My families home got too crowded here in Mexicali & my cousin recommend this place. It looks rather bland driving up from the street, but I just needed a place to sleep thought night. The TV reception appeared to be from an analog signal as it was snowy at times, so the TV channel selection is sparse. I tested the public computer for speed, but lost my notes - I think it was at a 1.5 Mbps download. The room was quite & clean for what I think was about $40.00 American. The breakfast was free & consisted of orange juice, coffee, & pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread). It did not have the amenities the Crowne Plaza Mexicali has but for the money it was worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank calfencer
ControlCalidad, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Junior Mexicali, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Guest,
It is our pleasure to offer our services is our main motivation and commitment that your stay is pleasant and productive. Together with you we are taking an important first step in our path.
We appreciate the confidence you had in sharing their experience and this commits us to continue working hard towards achieving new triumphs and today we are proud that you are part of the story we're writing.

Thanks for visiting
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Travelingon my own as an American woman in Mexico can be daunting, but this place made it easy. It's clean, safe, quiet, has security, a complimentary breakfast and is very reasonably priced. I felt safe at all times and the staff went out of their way to help me any chance that I asked! This seems to be more of a "business" type of hotel, but I also saw a young woman with a small child.

The rooms are a bit small and although adequately appointed with the necessaties, it would not be considered a luxury room. It had a queen bed, a small night table on each side of the bed with a telephone and a desk type shelf as well as a shelf under the window. The aire conditioning worked perfect, and the bathroom was clean. They give you a small bottle (16 oz) of water and plenty of towels. There was an extra blanket on the shelf and I asked for 2 additional pillows which I received without hesitation.

There are vending machines and an ice machine in the lobby, as well as a computer for general use. They have a shuttle service available that is coplimentary, but I am not sure about the details.

All in all, this was a good choice for me. I paid $42 per night and tax which I thought was a great price. The fact that it felt safe to me was my # 1 criteria, everything else was a bonue really. If traveling to Mexicali again, I would use this same hotel as it did meet the needs I had for this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank eaner921
ControlCalidad, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Junior Mexicali, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Guest: