“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Mexicali
St. Augustine, Florida
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I spent two nights at the Crown Plaza in Mexicali. The hotel was clean and comfortable and i felt safe being a woman travelling with a female colleague. The staff really did their very best and it showed. The breakfast buffet was very good. See if you can get the buffet included in your stay, its worth it.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank AmesFL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This was my second time at this hotel. This time I was alone without the benefit of a Spanish speaker, but it almost did not mater. The 3 different people I spoke to behind the counter spoke good English. The only problem I had was having breakfast in that the waitress spoke just a little English. Getting to the table was easy, I had to guess on her Spanish when she asked if I wanted coffee and/or Orange juice. It was as awkward moment when she asked me to fill out a customer review card and waited ‘til I complete it – strange but cost me nothing and must have benefited her somehow.

I was told this is one of the best hotels in Mexicali from one of my cousins who works in the city. I believe him as this was the second place I’ve stayed in when visiting Mexicali. Marble or travertine flooring was in the large lobby.

The internet was not free like I like it to be when I travel. But, they were accommodating when it was after 10 pm when I came in and wanted to use the Internet, but it was closed & read so on a sign on the door. They opened the internet room after hours and I had to pay per minute, but was not expensive and was fast – about 1.5 mb/s download.

I was surprised by the price of hotel. Happy!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank calfencer
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 8 July 2007

This was my second or third stay at the Crowne Plaza in Mexicali and to be honest despite the problems I encountered there this trip whenever I'm in that part of the world on business I'll always stay there.

The rooms are very nice but a little dated. I was actually in a room in which I had to request a change. The room smelled of smoke and the room wasn't nicely kept. The front desk personnel are more than accomodating.

I have to say that I love the breakfast buffet at this hotel. The prices may be a little expensive for some, but, for me it is worth the price. There is a pool and a small gym in the basement which is decent. enough.

I did have some problems this time which I have not had in the past, but over all the experience is still worth coming back again.

Don't make a phone call to the States from there or you'll pay an arm and leg. Also there is no hotel gift shop on the premises. But it's a very lovely hotel and the staff is wonderful.

• Liked — Breakfast Buffet
  • Disliked — There were a few problems
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Nesher
Forest, Ohio
Reviewed 18 December 2006

This is a very nice hotel with a staff that goes out of its way to make your stay comfortable. They also make you feel welcome.

Their breakfast buffet is very good.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank OHi0Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 December 2005

This hotel is the best in mexicali, i like the rooms and the service. The staff was very helpfull and profesional.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2004

Room was above average. The service was excellent and the food was very good. The rooms were quiet and surprisingly clean. My only problem with Crowne Plaza is that it is a bit expensive for Mexicali where the average income is $350 per month and you're paying an average of $140 per night. All in all, a hotel I would recommend.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 January 2004

I think the Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn is one of the nicest hotels in Mexicali. I have not stayed there, but I was born in Mexicali and lived in Calexico/border city for about 19yrs. I have only been to the Crowne plaza for their restaurants, bars and special events and to this day I can say they have the best service in Mexicali. They really do take care of you. I have dealt with many of the employees there and their managers, and they have all been excellent. I once stayed at the Lucerna hotel and the service there is not as great as is it at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

6 Thank LGGonzalez
Travellers also viewed these Mexicali hotels
Hotel Lucerna Mexicali
Hotel Colonial-Mexicali
Hotel Colonial-Mexicali
#13 of 20 in Mexicali
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali

Been to Real Inn Mexicali? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Real Inn Mexicali

Property: Real Inn Mexicali
Address: 201 Ave de los Heroes Esquina | Blvd Lopez Mateos, Centro Civico, Mexicali 21000, Mexico (Formerly Crowne Plaza Mexicali)
Region: Mexico > Baja California > Baja California Norte > Mexicali
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Mexicali
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Real Inn Mexicali 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Real Inn Mexicali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crowne Plaza Mexicali Hotel Mexicali