“A bit deceiving”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Mexicali
Sacramento, California
“A bit deceiving”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After nine days prowling the back roads of Baja we need showers, air conditioning and soft beds for a night before heading back to the US of A. The hotel looked pretty nice from the outside. The lobby was modern, sleek and welcoming. The rooms were old. The air conditioner was as loud as the freight trains going by all night. The beds were as hard as rocks. Pretty bad overall. We will not be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Geoffrey F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chula Vista
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed here to visit family. I will never ever stay here again,and if you are reading this, neither should you. Pay a little more money and stay somewhere else. When we stayed here they had rented most of the second floor to kids and teenagers and they were extremely roudy, noisy, and uncontrollable. When we called the front desk to let them know that it was past 11pm and they were running up and down making noise they said they would let them know. To our surprise the front desk VERY UNPROFESSIONAL told the teens our room number, so it got worse. The kids kept on mocking us and knocking our door out of disrespect and kept on yelling "room 318 wants to sleep! - hahahaha!" Super unprofessional of the front desk to say which room called to have them quiet down. Not only did it not work, but it got worse and they did it on purpose all the way until past 1am!!!!!! Rule#1 of a hotel is PRIVACY of your guest.....obviously this third world hotel doesn't know this. I am completely shocked, mad and disappointed. I wouldn't stay here again even if it was for free. Disgusting place an disgusting personnel.

Room Tip: Don't even think about it. Worst place ever! Trust me.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alma F

Travellers are raving about these Mexicali hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed there one night . The tv was dusty , there were hairs on the sink and the bathroom had a smell . I think it was coming from the pipes . I asked for ice and they said that I couldn't get any since there was an event going on that night . At 3am I heard a lot of noise outside which woke me up . Then someone was trying to open my room . After that I couldn't sleep . The bed was comfortable but what good did that do :(
For that price I was expecting more .
The staff was laughing saying that they didn't wanted to be around the next day since they were expecting a lot of people for another event .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank georgina l
San Diego
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is an Ok hotel. When I got there, the pool was closed for cleaning.. By the 2 night, I noticed bugs in the room. Because of the bugs, I didnt really sleep and made it late for breakfast ( 15 min ) therefore We did not get fed. Tryed to get room service @ 10:40 pm & cheff was gone. ( hours are 6am - 11pm ) . The room and breakfast deal Means: same breakfast for he 3 days, they should have options. I belive it is overpriced, even for summer time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Iris B
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed 4 nights. the hotel was clean, but the room was very dark, needs more light. Two days I had to ask for a towel. Also, wi-fi was free, but the connection was poor. one day I could not get my tablet connected.
Since it is a motel, I think a rate a third lower for what I paid would be ok.

Room Tip: best rooms are in the ground floor by the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed at Colonial for two nights and we sure love it. Beautiful environment, oasis at the desert; beautiful gardens, nice swimming pool and the most important excellent service of all staff; very helpful and excellent attitude; very affordable rate so you can get more of you can really expect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business