“Excellent chicken mole!”

Price range: US$2 - US$235
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stopped by today to catch up with a friend and had the chicken mole. Excellent! Tender chicken with a side of rice and beans. I also had a strawberry mango lemonade. Delicious! Can't recommend this place enough.

nopalbeach, Owner at Eddie's Place Nopal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

thank you for your support it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Read reviews on Eddies and thought we would try and find it. If staying at the Grand Mayan- it is about a 10 minute walk. Food and service was excellent Nice to get away from the resort and watch the sun set a the marina. Had coconut shrimp- staff recommendation and was wonderful

1  Thank Don H
nopalbeach, Owner at Eddie's Place Nopal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

thank you so much for the review my staff and myself greatly appreciated

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We come to Puerto Vallarta each year and always go to Eddie's. We went with another couple and ordered all different items. Everyone was very, very happy with the choices. At the end of the night we had the flaming coffee, which was fantastic. It is also an awesome place for breakfast! Great fruit and lots of egg choices. I really don't know why anyone would stay at the huge resorts to eat when Eddie's is so close, delicious, and a much better deal!

I do have to say how much we miss Por Que No, also owned by Eddie. We missed it by one day last year and one week this year. That was our very favorite! I am hoping that Eddie's adds some of the items from that menu.

nopalbeach, Owner at Eddie's Place Nopal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

thanks again for the review. again we are open and we did not move .some concierge and some taxi drivers are deceiving people by telling them that we are closed or moved it is not true. .thanks Eddie

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came here by way of TP reviews. not disappointed at all. Best kebabs ...I have been yearning for them for awhile. Atmosphere was great. Hockey game was on and that too was great. Will return. This was our best eatery in Puerto Vallarta so far.

thank you so much it is greatly appreciated by all of us. I do not know why some concierge and some taxi drivers are telling people that we are closed or we moved it is not true we are open everyday for breakfast ,lunch and dinner and we are still at the same location for 8 years thanks Eddie

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is the 3rd consecutive year that we have been to Eddie's. This is also my first Trip Advisor post. I feel it is difficult for Mayan owners to know where to go off campus so I felt compelled to advertise for Eddie. If you go to any of the Nuevo Mayan properties, Eddie's is a must and you DO NOT need a TAXI. There used to be a direct walk between the Grand Mayan and Eddie's, but they have restricted foot travel.....EXCEPT on the beach. You can go North or right on the beach facing the ocean all the way to the last rock Jetty and take a right through the public gate. You are 40 yards from Eddie's. Maybe .6 mile walk each way, but at sunset it is stunning and the ocean breeze keeps your day old sunburn cool.

We have been to 6-7 off-site Nuevo restaurants and Eddie's has the best food quality, food selection, service, ambience and overall presentation. Kids are ok, but it also make for a fun date night. The different flaming deserts are one of a kind!

My suggestion is leave the Mayan/Bliss/Luxxe at 6:30-7:30pm depending on the time of the year (winter is earlier) and walk for 20 minutes on the beach as the sun sets. The sunset is stunning! I wear sandals from the hotel to the beach and then remove once I get to the sand. Walk on the surf (don't wear a long dress or pants) on the wet sand so it is less effort. You will arrive at the Nuevo Marina and Eddie will be there likely drinking a glass of red wine. He is very engaged and usually stops to meet each table.

The seafood, produce, quantity and sauces are amazing! With a few different groups and sharing food, we have had mahi-mahi, coconut shrimp, snapper, lobster. The free chips and salsa (3 types- hot, medium and avacodo). You can get fajitas for about $13-17 or fresh fish for under $20. Lots of great shrimp pastas with a variety of sauces. There are some amazing Mediterranean dishes with hummus and garlic.

I can't spoil Eddie's story, but you need to ask how he got started via California.

You can taxi home for about $6 or just walk on the beach. Very safe and pleasant.

4  Thank Adrienne8080
nopalbeach, Owner at Eddie's Place Nopal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I can't thank you enough for this review . thank you so much for telling many people about us and how to get here it is greatly appreciated and looking forward to see you again your support is greatly appreciated by all of us. thanks Eddie.