5,451 results
All reviewsworld cafeel patioseaside grillpreferred clubentertainment teamtropical viewsushi barexplorers cluboceana restaurantjacuzzi on the balconysugar reef barcoco cafecondo ownersvilla magnasky barroom servicefrosted glass
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had a beautiful vacation, the place is nice, the hotel was perfect, the rooms very clean and the service was very good. I dave never been to mexico before, it was great. Thx to cinthia, she gave me a great service.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yvonn R
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We visited the Dreams Villamagna the first week of April. The first thing I want to mention is how wonderful the staff were. Ferni from the entertainment crew is a wonderful guy and really made us feel welcome, always visiting with us throughout the week. He would be my favorite employee. Johnny from entertainment crew was also awesome. The waiters working the pool areas and beach were very busy but always made sure they stopped by to see if we needed anything.

The food at the restaurants was great. In previous experiences at other resorts sometimes the food is less desirable but at the Dreams Villamagna the food was great. We really enjoyed the food and service at the Portofino restaurant. Breakfast at the buffet was very good and the guys working there did a good job. The Oceana and Seaside Grill were also very good. Only complaint would be that we found the potatoes to be a bit salty. The sushi restaurant was good but being that it was on the top of the hotel and it was very windy this week we found it tough to sit for long up there.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Had a few issues with towels being replaced on a few occasions and there were a few nights when we did not have turn down service which was the reason for no clean towels but overall no complaints otherwise.

The resort is smaller than others which we really enjoyed as it did not take a ton of time getting from one area to the other. The resort is exceptional in cleanliness. Always someone cleaning something. Never saw a mess anywhere.

It was very windy the week we were there but that did not put a damper on our week.

The entertainment in the evenings was family oriented which was fine. The only thing I would have wanted to see was a bit more going on in the later evening as the resort was pretty much quiet after 10pm. If you are looking for a wonderful place to just relax than this is definately the place to go!!

Would recommend this resort to anyone and will definately be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tanya w
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We just got back on Saturday from an 8 day 7 night stay. We got Dreams as a surprise 6 Apple vacation deal. Which means they choose which top resort you will stay at. I cannot say enough about this place. I will be as brief as possible and give you a quick break down.

Teen/20s party place-NO
Kids place-has kids events by the pool but not a kids club room etc.
Married, dating, mature fun-definitely

Beautiful-yes
Clean-definitely
Room-best bed ever and the room is luxurious! All have in-patio Jacuzzis, mini fridges stocked and you can constantly call for more, clean, never a bug seen, free in-room safe. bathrooms are gorgeous.
Staff-cannot get better and I have been to mexico all-inclusive twice before. The people at Puerto Vallarta (taxis and Malacon shopping too) are so nice and keep thanking you for touring their city. Staff bend over backward to get it right.
FOOD-wow some of the best steaks and I'm from the Midwest. I did get one undercooked and they took it right away and apologized profusely (why when they have my money? Because they care) fixed it and tried to stuff us with dessert to make up for it. If you want something they don't offer they try to. Such as we asked for iced frothy chocolate coffee in the morning, we tipped for them daily and it was worth hassling the man for them. :)
Drinks-this is the only down fall. they are top shelf brands, but still lower in alcohol content. You can drink yourself silly and either finally get buzzed or just water logged and give up. Beer is 2.9% not 4.9% and the hard stuff is worse. We found going to the Malecon or other strip to shop and drinking the real stuff there was best and most beer and margaritas were only $1.00! The Oceana on the Malecon was the BEST food, drink and free Wi-Fi. Tell the guy at the gate Minnesota folks sent ya. He was wearing a Twins T so he may remember. :)
Entertainment-some here and there, we did not partake.
Ocean/pools-CLEAN, clear sand, no rocks, warm, gorgeous, drinks are served. Walk two doors down on the sand to a bar if you like it's a nice change.

GO into town, do not just do the resort. I was a kid raised to be paranoid (law dad) and I'm telling you it's very safe! We tried bus and taxi, I'd do the taxi hands down worth the extra money. Transferring hot buses wasn't worth it to me.

Romantic, warm, yummy food, fun people to meet, reach out!

Tell Betty and Omar hello at the roof top Sushi bar!

Room Tip: We were upgraded at their suggestion no charge to ocean view. I think all the rooms but those facing the street are great views. You can't go wrong as most face the ocean/mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnson5
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is a beautiful resort, with an easy, efficient and relaxed check-in process. Our bags were in our room within minutes of our arrival.
The rooms are beautiful, with the jacuzzi on the balcony and the soaker tub - and the shower is fantastic - rainwater shower head and separate wand for rinsing. The amenities are first class.
I'll get the minor negatives out of the way first:
1) the 'resort coupon/time share' process is really annoying - because we'd arrived late at night we'd not run into the time share sellers. However, our first morning the phone rang at 9:00 am with a sales pitch from "Elizabeth" to come down and get our coupons. They do take no for an answer, however, and we weren't bothered after we had spent our half an hour with Elizabeth.
2) the music at this resort is... not good. Anywhere. Until this visit, I had never heard an elevator version of "Smoke on the Water." I could have lived quite happily without it! That was in one of the restaurants, in the evening. The music, if possible, is worse in the Sky Bar.
3) Internet is way too expensive.
That was it for 'complaints.'
More positives:
- the staff is incredibly professional, welcoming and casual. Felix, and all his Bell Staff colleagues cannot do enough for you. Betty in the Sky Bar is your best friend by your second visit. The pool and beach servers are super - very friendly without being over casual, and you never get the feeling they're tired of answering the same questions they've been asked five times already today!
- the food is the best. We didn't have a bad meal in 10 days. The a la cartes are fantastic, and the buffet is above average as well - they work hard to make sure it's not monotonous.
We'll go back as soon as we can...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travellin59
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and i visited Dreams Villamagna in April 2013 to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary! We have travelled to a few countries but never to Mexico, and weren't sure about it due to media, etc. Travel agent recommended, and the price was right.
I think we would agree this is a fairly rated 5 star resort, we had a lovely, relaxing getaway!
We have been to adult only resorts, so this was different in that respect but no complaints, the kids were fun to watch, and lots of great families!
Only 15 shuttle from airport which was great!
When we arrived our room had been decorated in a Happy Anniversary banner, such a nice surprise! Check in was smooth and our room was ready :)

The Good:
The Food!! Portofino fave restaurant by far! We loved Saul at Seaside Grill and Jesus at the buffet, such fabulous people!!! Oceana was our favourite place for lunch. Buffet is the only place to eat breakfast, so we got tired of the same food every morning, but I normally eat only toast at home so am not complaining!
Rooms were well cleaned and maid service was good
Clean resort at all times and lots of beach chairs and chairs around pool
Jacuzzi on patio was very private and romantic! We used nightly!
The coffee was amazing there! Not sure what it was but we couldn't get enough!?!
Small resort got to know people and see same people daily...
Felt safe despite what you hear, we were unsure, but even ventured downtown one afternoon to give our skin a break (not worth the time, boardwalk was nothing exciting...)
Quiet, and the evenings were relaxing and quiet which is what we enjoy. Don't go here for exciting nightlife!
Spa was lovely! We went for massages, pricey as expected, but lovely and intimate!
Servers around pool work HARD in that hot sun!!! We found we didn't always bring money down to the pool, but we were sure to bring down 50 pesos that evening to give our server every day.
Ocean was lovely, lots of boogie boards available...

Bad:
Mini fridge in room was not cold!! Always stocked with pop, beer and water, but was room temp.
Sometimes maid didn't come til 4-5 p.m. Which was a bit annoying as we were ready for downtime by then daily.
We found people did throw towels on chairs and leave them, which we head been told didn't happen here... But we still had no issues finding chairs!
Had to pay $60 for wifi... More than we pay at home for a month!!! But the option to at least have it was good.

Tips:
We tipped maid daily, seemed worthwhile!
Seaside grill serves only hamburgers and hotdogs at lunch but don't be deceived cause their supper is lovely and great food! We ate supper there twice, mostly cause I loved Saul, ok, and the food!!
They will make you absolutely anything to drink, I struggled to find a drink I enjoyed but told them to make me something "frozen, vodka, and orange" and it was delicious every time!
Pay more for ocean view... We didn't, and definitely regret that... Tropical view is ok but might as well splurge for the ocean view.
Beware and ignore the people dressed in all beige. They are trying to get you to buy things and con you into things... For the most part they left us alone, but we avoided eye contact and they got the hint!
Take spitz!

We overall would definitely recommend this resort to others, especially couples and families.
Was a lovely week and we came home very refreshed and rejuvenated!

Room Tip: Pay extra for ocean view! Higher the floor the more privacy (we were on 8, top floor)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple