5,573 results
All reviews world cafe el patio seaside grill preferred club entertainment team tropical view sushi bar explorers club oceana restaurant jacuzzi on the balcony coco cafe sugar reef bar condo owners sky bar villa magna room service frosted glass
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My fiancé and I just got back from this resort. First of all I have to name all the people that made our stay comfortable and feel as close to home as possible ( as we both tend to get home sick). Julio and Francisco were by far the most amazing servers at this resort, as busy as they are trying to keep everyone happy they always make time to stop and chat and crack a few jokes. Julio knew us by name and never forgot which made us feel very much at home! They are both amazing! We ordered room service quite a bit and Alonso was always SO kind went over and beyond with his service.. We enjoyed and looked forward to our visits with him each time! When it was our last day he made sure to come give us both a hug and even offered to make us a bag lunch for the airport, he truly is a kind hearted man. Antonio was our bartender one of the last nights we were there he was hilarious kept us entertained and was super fast and effecient. Paula was our house keeper the whole week we were there, everything was always spotless and she even organized our belongings ( we were pretty messy haha). Ferny works for the entertainment, he made us both feel like we had brought a friend from home with us. This guy Is amazing. He always has a smile on his face , he always went out of his way to make sure you were taken care of and having a good time. He did his rounds and made sure he spoke to everyone at this resort and whenever we saw him talking to someone they were always laughing. As you can see the staff here is unbelievable! I recommend this resort for that reason alone, not to mention the resort itself is clean, gorgeous and VERY safe. They always ask your room number every time you go somewhere and come back to keep it on file. The ocean is gorgeous we went sea doing , and canoeing and even saw some whales in the distance!! I don't have one bad thing to say!! We plan on going back soon!! Derek and Tami room 1209

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Tamilynnmcc
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My friend and I stayed for a week in April, and had a lovely time. The entertainment crew, mainly Jonny, Fernie, Mich and Pato were amazing. They made a real effort to include everyone in the activities and to keep everything fun. We had lovely service from our pool waiter, Julio, and a fantastic cocktail lesson from our bartender Victor. I cannot say enough good things about the lovely people who work at the resort, everyone was pleasant, friendly and thoughtful. I highly recommend the resort's entertainment troupe, although there were less than satisfying things in other ways. The housekeeping was a bit hit and miss, and to be considered a 5 star rating, the cleanliness was not up to that standard in my view. But overall, I had a fantastic time and thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of the incredibly genuinely friendly people that work there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank havinfun707
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We went to Dreams Villamagna the first 2 weeks of April 2013. We had a tropical view on the 5 th floor. The room had a king bed, double bed and was supposed to have a couch that folded into a bed, but it didn't. It just took a call down and a few minutes later a double cot was brought in and set up.
The staff are very friendly and attentive. Jonny and Fernie in entertainment are great! Omar is an awesome drink server and Boni is just a great guy. The resort is very clean and the beach is beautiful. All sand and very nice. There are people who "save" umbrellas on the beach and pool area. I only had one time when I could not find one. All the other times I had a choice of which ones I wanted.
The food in the buffet is very poor. The hot dishes are not even warm, they are cold. The only exception is the items they make for you (omelette, pasta). They only give you bacon if you ask for it (how cheap is that?). It is Very hot inside the buffet area so you need to sit outside. The birds out there are flying at you the entire time you are there. If you get up for a second, they are in your food. The food quality in the restaurants is better but takes 2 to 3 hrs to eat. Very slow there... This is way too long if you have kids.
The only alcohol in your room is beer, and the bar drinks taste watered down.
There are lots of things shown in their website that just don't seem to exist. Couldn't find a climbing wall,an ocean trampoline. Also the Internet is painfully slow and you must pay for it!!! The scuba introduction costs$35. Although the people are awesome, I don't think I would stay there again because I don't think I received good value for my money.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MexicoTravlr
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I took our two children, ages 8 and 6 to Dreams Villamagna. We all had a fantastic time!! When we arrived Fernando welcomed us with open arms and made sure all four of us had drinks in hand prior to checking in. When a move to a more suitable room was required he made sure all our bags made it in record time. Cinthia at the front also helped make sure our special dietary concerns were met (I required gluten free options). Also a special thanks to Francia, Mimi and Juliana in the Explorer's Club who made it so much fun that our kids woke up in the morning asking us what time they could go to the Club and then when we would return several hours later to pick them up they wanted to stay. Knowing the kids were having so much fun gave my husband and I an opportunity to really take advantage of some quiet time on the beach where Julio would ensure that all our drink needs were taken care of while we read and enjoyed the scenery. I was even able to enjoy yoga on the beach with Pato. Also, can't forget about Corona who got to know us all by name and always had a smile on his face. Wonderful staff, great food, entertainment and drinks. There were only a couple of things that we found disappointing. The first was the charge for Wi-Fi. We found that the $15/day charge was a little bit ridiculous. No, we didn't want to spend our vacation on-line, but it would have been nice to have the option of doing on-line check-in for our flight and keeping in touch with family via e-mail. Also, the cleaning service was not very good. Every day they would forget to leave the correct number of towels, face cloths, hand towels, etc. Some days there were no hand towels, other days there were no face cloths and almost every other day we only had three towels. It was a pain to have to call them every day because something was missing. The room service was a little on the slow side as well. That being said, the above were all minor inconveniences that would definitely not stop us from planning another trip to Dreams Villamagna.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie842
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I had a great time at the resort! The scenery was memorizing, food was delicious, staff was friendly and always ready to help up with anything you need. I would like to say a special thank you to the Entertainment staff especially Jonny S., Ramon and Hugo for keeping us entertained throughout the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple