“The Perfect Romantic Getaway......”

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The Perfect Romantic Getaway......”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!This hotel is perfect especially if you want to relight the fire......Words cannot explain how much fun my husband and I had especially since it was our first time traveling .If I had one word to describe this resort I would say AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! The ROOM, ROOM SERVICE 24 Hours a day, FOOD, POOLS, BEACH FRONT, SPA which was next to nothing with the 200 resort credit to use toward that or bottles of wine all AMAZING. We didn’t even have to use our cell phone they had free calls to Canada and the US from your room phone and free WIFI connection throughout the resort which was very important to me cause I have small children. Everything I heard about going to Mexico was wrong in my opinion I believe you get what you pay for. This trip cost us about $1600 I believe it was well worth it.....and the people was so nice especially since I talk so much I met so many nice people from all walks of life… Young folks if you’re looking for a party place this is not it......which was fine with me I was happy that they did not have a swim up bar. Unless you like swimming in someone else’s Drunk pee.......illllllll......anyway my husband and I have no complaints we enjoyed every minute every hour and every day we where there........oh yes we will be coming back and with more couples cause it’s a great couples retreat if you ask me……Signed Satisfaction Guaranteed

Room Tip: king jacusi ocean view
3 Thank Perry S
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Perry ,

First of all, thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to be part of your vacations.

We are glad to know that you found the perfect romantic place and everything was amazing. Our main goal is fulfill our clients needs and we love you have passed a great time.
All you feedback is really important for us and also for the people who are interesting to visit us, they have the opportunity to read your experience and have a better idea of what amazing could be their own holidays. I'm pretty sure that your comments will be helpful to another people.

We would like you come back soon and have another Dreams experience, fell free to contact us anytime prior or during your stay.

Best regards.

Quality & Guest Service Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
davenport
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Gonna make this review short, sweet, and to the point. This was my first trip out of the U.S. My mom and I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights. It was the best experience of my life! The staff was amazing, even the room service guys were awesome!!! Some of my favorite workers were Lukas, Alfredo, Julio, and Ismael!!! I definitely don't have a favorite though because everybody was so nice. Being there made me want to move to Mexico permanently! I met so many amazing people down there that I will remember forever. My only complaint is that I didn't stay longer! I would love to come back soon and say hello to all of the wonderful people I met on my trip. Thank you for this experience. :)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank erinms98
Dear guest ,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna to be part of your vacation.

We are happy to know that you had a great time and enjoyed everything during your stay, thank you for let us know the effort of our staff doing their best in service as Lukas, Alfredo, Julio and Ismael; we'll forwarded your regards to them and we'll consider them to be nominate as employee of the month for your kindly comments.

Hopefully you can come back soon and say hello to everyone here, will be our pleasure to host you again with us.

We remain at your service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Myself and my boyfriend aged 20 and 21 have just returned from a two week holiday at this wonderful hotel. The hotel is very clean and maintained to a high standard. You will always see staff busy making this hotel look beautiful.

We upgraded to the Preferred Level which gave us some benefits such as an Open Bar and food area, upgraded mini bar in our rooms which included Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Corona, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, miniature bottles of Vodka, Whiskey and Bacardi Rum. We also received walkers crisps and M&Ms free of charge.

Then rooms where beautiful, we had a sea room view which included one Queen sized bed, a large bath, two skinks, a walk in shower, a toilet, wardrobe and safe which was free of charge. we also had a TV with a dvd player which we could request dvds or plug our I Pad into the player to watch our videos. There where also plenty of storage space, a sitting area and a Jacuzzi on our balcony (The Jacuzzi don't look big in pictures but I was able to lay down flat in it). The MP3 docking station is compatible for all MP3/IPods, IPhones including the new IPhone 5. Our room was cleaned everyday and the bed sheets where changed everyday. we would like to thank our maid for all the hard work she put into making our room clean and tidy.

I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease (Wheat and Gluten intolerance) at the age of 13 months. Each restaurant at this hotel has its own menu which has a symbol next to each dish that is Gluten and Wheat Free. All the Tacos and Tortillas was Gluten Free too as they are made out of corn. Food at this hotel was very nice. We preferred the Al a carte restaurants for dinner and lunch than at the World Café Buffet restaurant. however, we enjoyed breakfast at the World Café restaurant.

The pools where nice and clean, I was worried about the pools before going out to this Hotel from reading others reviews about pools being cold, I did not find the pools cold at all. they where a nice temperature. The adults only Jacuzzi was the temperature of a hot bath (it was lovely).

I would like to thank Julio the waiter around the pool for making myself and partners holiday. He was one of the best staff members in all of the resorts I've stayed at.

The hotel had free 24hr room service and the Wi-Fi id free throughout the hotel beach and pools.

4 Thank Paige1994
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your comments and choosing Dreams Villamagna to be part of your vacations.

We would like to thank you for letting us know about the effort of our service during your stay and all the details explained on your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed all the room amenities and our different types of gluten variety in all our restaurants, this is part of our Unlimited-Luxury ® and all the benefits we offer to all our guests.
We also want to thank you for recognized our staff - Julio. Be sure we'll forward your regards to him and we'll consider him to be nominate as our employee of the month.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and we remain at your service.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed at the dreams villa magna from 17 July 2014 to 31 July 2014.

Travelled as a family with a 13 year old.

Airport transfer was around 30 minutes, Super efficient check-in from very professional staff the Buck's Fizz and moistened face towels were appreciated after the long journey from the uk. luggage was promptly taken to our room by the concierge service.

The rooms are exactly like the pictures in the holiday brochure, very spacious. The beds are enormous and very comfortable. The rooms are more suited to couples than a family just because there is only a shower curtain separating the bathroom and sleeping areas. A bit awkward with a young teenager but we got round this by only using the shower (which does have a door) for modesty. The jacuzzi on the balcony is a nice touch, as was the mini bar (restocked daily) and 24 hour room service. We were on the 5 th floor and had a tropical view ( of the Sierra madre mountains) and a partial sea view. Personally I wouldn't pay the extra for the sea view. Room safe is included in the price of the holiday which is very convenient. I would suggest keeping the patio doors closed in the room because otherwise you end up with a very wet, slippery floor due to the humidity in Mexico. There was decent sized bottles of shower gel, shampoo and body lotion in the room which was handy. Hair dryer in the room was useless. I would definitely take your own. My straighteners didn't work so if we go again ill probably invest in some gas ones.

Food was generally great and service in all restaurants is excellent.

Portofino for Italian. Men; don't forget long trousers are required to eat there. The food there is great but the pasta can be a bit heavy and unsalted butter is slighty overused.

El patio for mexican. The cheese fondue is a great starter, the beef fillet an excellent main. Our favourite dessert was the tres leches pie.

Barefoot grill for snacks e.g burgers, hotdogs, fries and nachos. The burgers are excellent.

Oceana for seafood. Deep fried grouper was excellent as was the clam chowder.

The main restaurant was fabulous. Breakfast was great with a plentiful supply of fresh fruit......pineapple, melon, papaya, freshly squeezed juices......orange, pineapple, grapefruit, apple, and green juice which contained mint, spinach, lime and all kinds of other things. Good quality sausages, bacon, made to order omelettes, smoothie bar, traditional mexican breakfast and freshly baked pastries (which I ate far too many of!) there was also a great selection of both adult and kids cereals.

Lunch was great with a great selection of pasta, salads, fresh fish, hot and cold meats and various breads and desserts.

In the evenings there was also a great selection. The Hotel operated Brazilian and Mexican theme nights which were served by the pool with respective entertainment which made for a nice ambience. We particularly enjoyed the mexican night with the mariachi band.

Cleanliness in the Hotel was generally excellent, our room cleaner ( evelia) was very thorough. There was a bit of remedial work required at the hotel e.g cracked tiles in the pools, and in our room on the floor and a bit of re grouting required in the showers. These comments are only me being really picky but Its such a nice hotel they need sorting out.

With the exception of the above, the pools are huge and the pool cleaners work so hard to keep them clean. They are a real credit to the hotel.

All the hotel bars provide an excellent service and premium drinks are part of the all inclusive package. The bar that really stood out for us was the beach bar, not only for the fantastic view of the ocean but also for the outstanding personalities of the Staff who worked tirelessly to make everyone's holiday even more pleasurable, including Betty (eyeup cocker) Julio (alrrrrrrrrrrrrrright), Fili and Daniel. Daiquiris are excellent, our particular favourites were the strawberry one and the Mexican flag.

The entertainment team were amazing, very warm, friendly and up for a good laugh; in particular Lukas, Ferny, Johnny, and Easy. There was plenty to do during the day ( but we weren't hounded to join in if we didn't want to ) there was the daily question, the crazy game, table tennis, tennis coaching from the resident Pro ( Ferny), poker tournaments, darts, kayaking, body boarding, Zumba classes, the hotel gym was fabulous ( although we were lazy and didn't use it!), bracelet making, fruit crafting classes with the chef, stretching classes, water polo, beach volleyball and much more.

Evening entertainment was good, there was a karaoke night, Brazilian night, mexican night, a mime act, fire show and circus show. It was a bit of a shame that the entertainment programme was one week long so we went out some evenings to avoid repeating things twice. A taxi into Puerto Vallarta is around £12 each way (concierge service will get you a taxi anytime of day or night)and it is well worth the visit, there's a boardwalk, a flea market and shops a plenty full of touristy type goods. There is quite a bit of touting to get you in the shops......sense of humour required!! We felt perfectly safe there during the day and at night and there are taxis down every side street waiting to take you back to the hotel ( as with all taxis everywhere always agree the price before getting in).

The wildlife is superb ( having said that we didn't see any wildlife in our hotel room whatsoever......which was nice) there is a hummingbird that frequents the pink flowered bushes in the hotel grounds around oceana. Take the time to look in the trees at the rear of the hammocks, there are some huge iguanas who like to bask in the trees, pelicans and frigate birds constantly diving for fish, at the tropical view side we saw wild macaws and various other smaller parrots.

We took three trips with Vallarta Adventures via Raquel, the Amstar Representative who is located at dreams villa magna (at the bottom of the elevator for the tropical view rooms, near coco cafe). I would highly recommend Raquel and Vallarta Adventures. We did the extreme adventure, sea safari and dolphin extreme. They were all fantastic........highlights were being propelled underwater by dolphins, dancing with dolphins, a speedboat ride, rappelling down a 150 foot waterfall, horse riding up a mountain, zip lining down a mountain above the tree canopy, seeing a wild tarantula, eating lunch on a private beach and seeing the faces of my family light up when doing all of the above.

The beach was lovely, very clean, gently shelving beach and once in the sea (which is very warm) the sea bed is smooth sand (no stones etc). the water is cloudy but this is due to the river inlet further down the beach and the waves also churn up the sand. A great beach for body boarding. There is parasailing and jet ski hire just down the beach to the left. We decided to walk to the left one morning down to Nuevo Vallarta harbour. Oddly though, when we got there we discovered there is no access to the harbour from the beach because all the through paths are privately owned by the seafront hotels and security guards won't allow people to pass through..........bit daft if you ask me! Having said that we had absolutely no issue with walking back to our hotel via the beautiful beach!!

This was our first visit to Mexico and Puerto Vallarta seemed to have lots of vacationing Mexican Families which suggests to me that it is real mexico and must be a good destination if native Mexicans choose to vacation there. Next year, We will be breaking our rule of never returning to the same holiday destination twice.

Things I would change about the hotel, whilst only minor and nothing that hasn't been said before but would make a huge difference: fix the tiles in the rooms and pool, introduce a teen kids club, reduce the ridiculous prices in the hotel spa.......guests may actually use it instead of using the one to the right on the beach which is very good and a fraction of the price! There are plenty of sun loungers but more umbrellas are required round the pool.

All in all a fabulous holiday.

Thank You.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer, don't upgrade all views are fabulous.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank JO_Raff35
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Resort & Spa to be part of your vacation.

We are more than happy to know that you had a great time with us and glad to know the effort of our staff doing their best in service, all the employee names mentioned in your review will be considering for us to nominate them as employee of the month, this is very important for us and we really appreciate you remember all our colleagues who made the difference with you. Be sure we'll share your positive comments with them.

All this feedback is amazing, I'm pretty sure that this will be a god reference for all the people who are waiting to decide what resort will be the best option for their next trip, you described absolutely perfect every single department and areas that we have here.

We also understand there is areas who needs improvements and we are greatly appreciated that you mentioned it, this will be taken care for our management in order to have all our service with the best quality for the future guests.

We would love you come back on your next trip and feel free to contact us anytime prior or during your stay, it will be our pleasure assist you.

Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This property is beach front and is nice for afternoon beach walks. It has some good facilities such as gym, pools, swing bar and hammocks. It is quite far away from the hustle and bustle. A one week stay here was too long for us. We did an all inclusive for food & drinks. I found the quality of the food was not great and got very sick. There is 4 restaurants but it just wasn't enough variety for us.

Did have a great steak at the Italian Restaurant but I think this is what made me ill.

The staff were friendly enough, but didn't go above and beyond like other hotels we visited in the area.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest ,

First of all thank you very much for choosing Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to be part of you holidays.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed most of our hotel and activities like the gym, pools, swing bar and hammocks. My apologies if you found some inconsistency in our food variety, we understand that this experience should be unique for you and your expectation was not exceeded due to this details, we kindly invite you to come back in the near future and see the improvements in this area to make an enjoyable vacations next time.

We really appreciate your feedback and we remain at your service.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The rooms were clean and spacious - separate tub/shower, large living space with couch, and large deck with Jacuzzi tub. There were free calls to Canada and the US from your room phone and free WIFI connection throughout the resort. We didn't have to wear a wrist band, which I guess some people don't care to wear so you were asked your room number at the restaurants and at the pool and beach by the security guards. I think a wrist band is easier. There are 3 swimming pools and an adult hot tub. Dreams is located on a very nice part of the beach great for swimming, walking and jogging. They have a coffee bar, 5 restaurants and 5 bars/lounges, 24 hour room service and drink service on the beach. One of the lounges is the Gohan sushi bar located on the 9th floor. Spectacular setting and views but annoyingly loud music (in my opinion) The food at the restaurants was above average from what we have had at Mexican all-inclusives in the past. The main buffett restaurant "World Cafe" we found the service to be poor and the variety of the food to be limited. The other four restaurants had great service and were a la carte - the food was tasty and interesting. Seaside Grill - Steak, El Patio - Mexican, Oceana - Seafood specialties, Portofino - Italian. There are dress codes at this resort. The Italian restaurant requires men to wear long pants, collard shirts and dress shoes. Women: blouses, skirs, slacks or dresses and dress shoes. There were lots of families at the resort during our time there. While there are lots of activities offered around the pool, it didn't feel or sound like a party resort. The music wasn't loud and we didn't come accross anyone that was drunk and obnoxious. It would appear they hire their entertainment for the evening shows - which were above average.

Minor negatives: My first impression was poor - the lobby is very small and it was crowded and unimpressive. It looked like a huge resort but two of the buildings are "residence" buildings. The bathroom is located quite a distance from the beach. The spa is outrageously expensive (but massages were offered for $55 per couple just down the beach).

Room Tip: There are two buildings - the front building has ocean views but I believe they charge extra for tho...
4 Thank atiamiga
DreamsVM, Quality Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna to be part of your vacation.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed most of our service and specific areas like the pools, Gohan and another restaurants. We understand this experience should be unique and special, we also know that there is always areas for improvements and as a leader of the hotel industry your comments are greatly appreciate. we apologize if you found some inconsistency in the service we provide you; we will invite you to come back in a near future to see the improvements in our facilities in specific areas you mentioned.

Once again we thank you for your understanding and your feedback, we remain at your service.

Chicago,Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We usually travel to the gulf side to Cancun but wanted to try something different. One of my Mexican friends always told me about how great the city of Puerto Villarta is.

Well he was right, it is very refreshing to go to a city and not see a bunch of tourist. We took a taxi from the hotel to PVR (Cost $20) and spent a Sunday walking the streets, drinking a beer, and taking in the sunset. On Sundays all the locals spend the day with their families enjoying the treats, watching public shows, and dancing to live music. It was so different from the usual touristy town, highly recommended that you go at least one night. We found this little restaurant on the second floor facing the ocean, they had a live Salsa band and we danced for hours. We actually ate at that restaurant and did not get sick, but I do recommend you skip the street food if you get sick easily.

The hotel does have owners there but I did not notice any special treatment from owners to guest. The owners have to pay extra everyday that they want to do the all-inclusive, so you usually only see them at the beach with a cooler enjoying the sun.

The pool is wonderful and the activity crew works hard, actually everyone works hard at this resort. I felt the staff went above and beyond the whole trip.

I tip while on vacation and I think everyone should too.The average wage is $8 for a 10-12 hour day which pretty much covers taxes and gas. The staff lives off gratuity even though the hotel brochure says not to tip. So if you can bring singles and try to distribute about $20 a day, your doing the right thing and your service during the vacation will be top notch.

The beach is something you need to learn about before arriving. There are stingrays that will sting you and there are jelly fish that will sting you. So bring a water shirt and water shoes and ask the staff about the conditions before getting in. I body boarded and kayaked two different days and had no problems but you need to be careful.

Lastly the best meals we had was at Oceana, which is a casual restaurant by the pool. The Grouper filet and Mahi Mahi tacos made our trip, when we got home we realized we had only eaten seafood for four days. If you need some red meat or chicken go for it, just stay away from the burgers and wings. The meat is quality but the spices are WAY different than what Americans are used too, you have been warned.

Overall, I would come back here in a heartbeat, it was a wonderful vacation and the hotel and staff exceeded our expectations.

4 Thank ChicagoBearsFan11
Dear guest ,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna to be part of your vacation.

We are happy to know that you had a great time with us and have experience another beautiful place from México, as you said Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit has a lot of things that make this places uniques.

I really appreciate your comment regarding the owners, this specific segment is greatly appreciate for us, nevertheless they're completely separate of the resort with their own regulations and management.

We would like to to invite you on the near future to consider your next trip to Dreams Villamagna and have another Dreams experience, i'm pretty sure you will enjoy it as the first one and feel free to contact us anytime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#15 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
#13 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!