I recommend this resort as I have been to many resorts in Cuba, Mexico, Jamaica, and Dominican and I have to say I enjoyed staying at this resort.
Thanks to the great personnel in the activity center and my friends Michelle, Luz, Adriana, Johny, Vicente, and Jorge we had a wonderful time. (Nice chu chu ua dance J)
Food: The a la cart restaurants were great (highly recommended). The buffet was small but it was not bad. For dinners we ended up going to A la cart restaurants every day and went to buffet just twice! For lunch we went to the snack bar every day.
Hotel grounds: Clean and well maintained. Family friendly, couples and singles friendly! The great thing was that everything was located close to each other, the main pool, the adult pool, the beach, the restaurants, and you did not have to walk a long distance from one point to the other unlike some other resorts wheret the beach is far a way from everything else! the bartenders even came around and took orders around the pool :-)
There was occasionally kids showing up with their parents in the adult pool, but security would come and ask them to leave.
Rooms: Clean and well maintained. There was a minor problem with neighboring rooms that made too much noise after midnight so that we had to call on the security twice to knock on their door. The first night we complained and we got a new room a day later. We ended up with another crazy neighbor with the same problem and we had to call on security for the second time. I have never had this problem before in any other resort, but I guess this was just bad luck and it is not the resort’s fault.
Shows: The nightly shows were good and very entertaining
Again I would highly recommend this resort and I would go back. The only thing you need to pay attention to is that all Occidental resorts including this resort are timeshare even if they want to give it a different name. They say the presentation is 60-90 minutes, but if you do not want to spend half a day to listen to their sales pitch to get a free massage or a free lobster dinner you just decline to participate as we did and you will have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel