“Restful and relaxed!”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
San Antonio, Texas
“Restful and relaxed!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We are time share members of PV and have enjoyed our membership since 1994. Just went down for a most relaxing week with my wife. While we are in our later 60s we consider PV as a special week. When we arrived the pace was slow and measured with not too many people. The 2nd elevator in our building was out of service with very jerky stops. Cleanliness and attention to customer service continues being a hallmark. I recommend PV for people our age all the way to young couples and families.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank usindo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed there for the weekend, the room was very good, in an adjacent building to the main hotel building, a good 5 minutes walk to the beach and right besides the marina.
The beach is great; flat and goes on for miles. The hotel has plenty of beach chairs for the guests and there is good service at the beach.
The restaurants inside the hotel were average and the service was good.
I requested breakfast from room service because we were leaving early on a Monday morning, and it never came, when I called to enquire the answer was "sorry, the person that took the order forgot to record it!", so we left fairly upset and without breakfast.
At check out they gave us two apples and two bananas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just got home yesterday from a great two week vacation at Paradise Village by booking "getaways" with Interval International. This was my third time staying here over ten years or so. The complex is large with some buildings being close to the pool/ocean/restaurants and some a little farther. This time we stayed in the Tikal Tower which was close and had a beautiful marina view. It was very quiet. There were only to birds to hear and it was so nice. Our third floor view was perfect as it was high enough to get a decent view but low enough to see below the palm tree tops. We had friends on the fifth floor and they liked our view better because they couldn't see through the palms from their deck.
We had a two bedroom/two bathroom unit with a full kitchen (including an oven). It was quite spacious with large closets and lots of drawers. The deck was large and although the deck furniture was not comfortable, we enjoyed it every day by taking the two chairs from the living room and using them there.
The beds are a bit firm but we asked for foam pads and they brought them that day. They have ceiling fans in the bedrooms and the living room so we were comfortable without using the A\C.
We shopped at Walmart and only had a few meals on the beach. We also had the breakfast buffet one day. The food is nothing to rave about however, but that makes it easier to make your own food and not be tempted to eat out all the time $$$!
The pool was super crowded all the time! That might be the time of year (spring breaks?). The beach however, was almost vacant!! There were ample palapas to relax under. Again, maybe it's just the time of year but only about 1/3 of them are in use!!! Also had great service on the beach from Javier and Silvio who never let my beer bucket run out of ice!
The beach here is really the "claim to fame" for Nuevo Vallarta! 20 km of beautiful dark sand (hot sand) with sparkly gold flecks. The waves are big enough to play in but nothing to worry about with small children because it has such a gentle slope out to depth. You can really go a long way without losing contact with the bottom.
Lastly, I'd like to recommend getting out and about. Whether you run, walk around or like to take tours, it's all here for your enjoyment. We had a great night out in Bucerias dancing at the Drunken Duck! A good time was had by all!

Room Tip: The marina view is quiet and beautiful. The rooms overlooking the pool are loud (especially when th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cathy K
Prescott
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I wrote a review after our last stay in October of 2013 where I was unhappy with our stay and mentioned selling my points....
This trip we just finished April 11 was great!!!! We have been members for 8 years and have 2 memberships in the family. We stayed in our usual rooms and everything was once again up to great standards. The items that were wrong with the rooms from last visit were fixed or replaced. House keeping did a great job, check in was much faster even though they checked us in 2 rooms at the same time. As always the facility was spotless. Our family spends all our time at the beach by the Kikil bar. The servers there, Gabby, Sergio, Gaspar and Hector were fantastic. The nice surprise was the Sushi, I'm not big on anything except California Rolls, but my family loved everything that was ordered. The food was much better and all the servers no matter which venue we visited were very good. I'm happy to say this was once again, we are very glad we chose PV for our timeshare property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Odie4az
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Staff can't wait to help you and tries to please. Beach is kept very clean and lovely soft sand. Rock Jetty to walk out on and see the whole Bay area. Endless beach to walk on and see all the other resorts, only this one is the best. Has 5 buildings, each is convenient to the main registration building. Big enough grounds to enjoy but not too big that you get lost. Grounds are lush and very well cared for with lots of flowers and landscaping. Parrots on the grounds and tigers too. Rooms are large and very well maintained and no noise. Each has a lovely large balcony and kitchen. Lots of on site restaurants or go to the close-by mall with fast food and other bistros. Also a supermarket for groceries and pharmacy if needed. Other major resorts are within walking distance. Marina right at the bay for water sports or tour of the manmade canal. Tour desk and concierge take care of any travel needs. Golf course with lovely restaurant which I suspect gets overlooked because you have to take a very short 5 minute shuttle ride. Buffet breakfast is only 110 pesos (about $9) during the week and just as nice as the Sunday brunch which costs a lot more. We were advised that rainy and windy season starts in May and lasts to October. Only complaint would be that the food is catered to the tourist rather than "real" Mexican food. Hard to find authentic food in this highly touristy area. Each night has a theme for the meal; Mexican night also was nice but again not really Mexican food. Otherwise its paradise!!!

Room Tip: Every room is wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dolls111
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took 6 boys who are seniors in high school for spring break. We have been to Mexico 10+ times and stayed at many different resorts. Paradise Village was perfect size, enough to keep them busy and happy but also easy to find each other. What I liked best: the beach area was very nice and well maintained with plenty of palapas, could walk for miles on beach, friendly staff, clean, mall next door convenient for store and nice having a Starbucks close. Minuses: furniture in rooms need to be updated, pool area not very nice compared to most other resorts we have been to, small and crowded for size of resort and no umbrellas. Can't comment on food as we had a car and went offsite for many of our meals. Overall, we all enjoyed the resort and would return.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lori M
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

we recently stayed here with our 2 young children. I have a hard time either recommending or not this resort. My issues with it may just be a personal opinion but I will share the details and you can judge. As for myself we would not go back.

A little background, this is the fourth all inclusive we have been at and I travel quite a bit for work and see how different hotels and places work. We have stayed at smaller resorts and also gone all out at expensive resorts.

The pros: This resort is very clean. No worries here. There was a lady washing the garbage cans early in the morning. Washrooms were regularly being cleaned througout the day. Nobody was getting sick. There were lots of activities for the kids and adults. These events went on througout the day and only one night during the week they had some things, kids smacked a pinata, ladies did a silly dance and the men had to do a pushup contest. I can't complain here, got a bottle of tequila, after 76 pushups.
The biggest night is there mexican fiesta. They give you a little ceramic shot glass when you enter and it never goes empty. This is the night when all the mexican food comes out and it is amazing.
The mall is close by and is clean, small and nice. Good place to buy booze to take home.

Cons: (note that some of these cons may just be personal preference) To start with they did not have limes. Who in mexico and when drinking tequila does not have limes. They had lemoms and it was ok but not the same. Do not know the reasoning on that but it most likely comes down to saving money. Food selection was ok, I would say. Deserts at night were not good. Food was alright, would have liked more mexican cuisine and options like at the mexican fiesta night.

The biggest con, and this really stops me from going back is that I had to sign a bill for every meal we had, every drink I ordered, everything. Eventhough we were there on an all inclusive plan. For example, I went to the poolside bar/restaurant to order some drinks. Started to talk to a lady next to me who waited 20 min to get 1 glass of wine. I had to wait the same amount of time. Then after you get your drink you have to wait to get your bill. This took so long sometimes that we had to just get up and approach the waiters for our bill while they were serving others. I am not impatient one bit but this service was horrible. In some cases we left and they would come hunt you down to sign your bill. All of this even though our bill was zeroed out due to being on an all inclusive plan.
There is zero nightlife.

We were there on a westjet vacation package. When you check out at 12 Noon they usually suspend your all inclusive package then. However witn the WJ package you get all inclusive drinks and food until you leave in the evening. The desk people did not just offer us new bracelets, I had to request and stay on them to get the full benefit of our package. Now this may have just been the individual we were dealing with and maybe they just did not know the rules. Either way know before going what your package includes.
Pillows were harder than rocks.

Overall this is a family resort, clean and was great for the kids. This is where I am torn. The family had a lot of fun but there were some things that really irritated me.
Judge for yourself.