This stay was a gift from a friend so we didn't do our usual amount of hunting and searching for the perfect hotel and location. and honestly, based on other reviews and photos I probably wouldn't have selected this property on my own. But this was our first vacation with baby in tow and it really couldn't have been a better fit.
There are a few buildings of different ages and rooms receive renovation on a very casual schedule. (We did the sales pitch so we saw a few). Our room was a two bedroom, two bath and it had a very large living room and balconey. The decor was very basic, think Holiday Inn with a few lame "Mayan" touches. However, it was very clean and everything was in good repair.
The grounds were really the best part with multiple pools, tennis courts, restaurants and it's right on the beach. We had a room on the ground level right next to the main pool and despite the heavy kid population it wasn't noisy. In fact, the pool was vacant by 6pm.
The restaurants were Ok. None of the offerings were unique or interesting but on the other hand my father, who accompanied us and hates spicey food, ate fine with no indegestion problems.
The best thing about the resort was that there was a clinic on the grounds and when my two year old woke up with a hundred and two fever and unable to breath we received immediate attention.
Other points about the hotel; there is a grocery store that is very overpriced but it's convenient. The "mall" that it is in doesn't have any stores worth looking at. It will cost about $20 to get into downtown Puerto Vallarta and take a not unpleasant half hour to 45 minutes. The rooms do not have wireless for your computer and it will take you forever to link up and cost $10 to hook up in the one lobby that does have wireless. There are no DVD players but we had our child's mini one and cables to hook up to the big TV. DO NOT go on the time-share sell. They say it will take 90 minutes and offer all sorts of discounts for activities to entice you to go. We did it for a free zip-line tour and after four hours of saying "no" we drug ourselves back to our room regretting all our wasted time.
So, two years ago, before I had children, I would never have thought of staying here and if I had my snobby expectations would have been disapointed. Now however, with baby in tow, I'm already looking forward to our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your Paradise! Elegantly situated in the heart of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, located within its own peninsula all set against a spectacular tropical backdrop, Paradise Village Resort and Spa is an all inclusive and European plan all-suite designer accommodations beachfront hotel, is a five star development that offers a gorgeous beach! Just 15 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Village Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Beach Hotel
- Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta
- Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta