Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$190
US$254
US$185
  • Pool
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$490
US$378
US$264
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$727
US$655
  • Breakfast included
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$210
US$407
US$153
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,092 results
All reviewssun barel toropalace resortszen restaurantrock sparesort creditvacation plannerssunset cruiserock starpool partycity tourpunta canaromantic dinnerspa treatmentsentertainment staffzip liningsushi
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice little resort. I'd never been to the Pacific side of Mexico and was a little nervous. I had heard the water was cold and the security situation was sketchy. Water was perfect and not a single moment where I felt insecure. I really like the downtown area in Puerto. Lots more character than Cancun.

Resort was really good. Rooms were nice and clean with double jacuzzi tub. Good quality alcohol in the fridge. Common areas were nice - well decorated and clean. Staff was always very friendly and willing to please. Beach was really amazing. Even on a hot day there was a cool breeze that kept you comfortable. Drinks served for free right to your chair! Not even very crowded at the end of April.

Only place where they could improve would be food quality. Like many all inclusive resorts, the food is not great. They also spice the food for their Mexican clientele, so many of the dishes are a little spicy for an American. The oriental restaurant (Zen) was the best, and the Brazilian steak house was also good. Also nice that the portions were nicely sized.

Overall, a good solid choice and a good value. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I'd go as far from the elevator as possible. Just a little noise from people passing by my room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Rogerboz,

Thank you for the excellent review! We are happy to hear you had a blast in our resort and felt safe while in our property as well as in the downtown area. The Mexican Pacific coast is breathtaking and I am pleased to hear that you loved it too. Thanks again for the feedback; I will share your comments with the F&B manager to ensure the delicious menu at our restaurants is of our guests
We hope you visit us again soon to give you another rock star vacation!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The awkward transition from Palace Resort is over.
They are a Hard Rock Hotel.
We enjoyed ourselves very much, They treated us like we wanted, well paying customers.
The only 2 things we did not enjoy were 2 meals......go figure....the dinner in their Mexican restaurant and in the Brazilian restaurant, they just are not good.
The Italian and Asian restaurants are fabulous
Overall the hotel is what it is, an unpretentious 4 star, no more no less.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi NachoDavis,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to hear that you liked our style and enjoyed yourselves very much in our resort. Thanks again for your remarks and we hope we can welcome you again here at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Arrived on Easter for a one week stay, Mom, Dad and three teenagers. We always travel to all inclusive resorts for our spring break so have been to many. We purchased a package through Apple Vacations and this was one of the most expensive resorts available.

The excellent was the service on the beach by Rosy. Victor and Lupe in Ciao at breakfast and Zen at night. All the main activity pool servers were all super fast and efficient.

The location is excellent and grounds and beach are beautiful.

Despite being 100% occupied, 90% Spanish speaking, 10% English, the resort never had lines for anything and getting a table at the restaurants, at least when we went, was easy.

The average was the food. We only went to the dinner buffet once and there really wasn't much of a selection even for me. The kids wound up ordering room service burgers and the buns were extremely soggy. We ate at Ciao twice. The food was average but the first time they forgot one of our entrees and by the time we received it, the rest of us had finished. Second time they brought two entrees before we even received the soups. The Brazilian restaurant, Ipenema, fun but most meat was dry except the chicken which was excellent. The Mexican, Frida, not good, neither food nor service. The best, Asian, Zen, everyone in the family loved it both times we went and the service was awesome. I don't usually get pizza on vacation but the pizza oven was very good. We ate dinner between 8 and 9.

The rooms were average. Balcony is only about 18 inches wide. Our king bed was very comfortable. Kids beds were very small. Two adults in those beds would be very cramped. Vanities are extremely small and for us, the two person jacuzzi is a waste of space.

Entertainment - evening shows were very amateurish and really short. Mainly just different dances every night. Activities during the day were plentiful but very lackluster. Beach and water volleyball, aerobics, bocce ball, contests, bike tour, etc...Music at the pool in the afternoon was club/dance/techno music with thumping bass which chased me back to the beach.

Beach is beautiful and long. Chairs on the beach are not good. It's like they are strung too tight and only go in one position. If you are in the front row, you will be inundated with vendors that will keep on you till you acknowledge them. Literally, it was at the rate of about 10 vendors per hour. Normally, at other resorts, if you say no gracias, they do not bother you anymore but not at the Hard Rock. My husband made a sign to hang on our palapa that said no gracias which at least made it less annoying for us. If you are in rows two to three, the vendors are not a problem.

Lastly, the bad. Because the beds in the kids room were so small, we asked for a rollaway. They said they could only put it in our room with the king size bed because of the headboard. Really? We had them deliver it and then set it up ourselves in the kids room. It was simple and easy to move the two beds apart and it fit great between them.

Towel game was even more blatant then I've ever witnessed before. Chairs under umbrellas or palapas were reserved by 8:30am but many not used till 2 or 3pm.

We had a room close to the elevator and heard every loud person from 1am to 5am. We had to call security one morning because of the arguing that was taking place from 5am to 6am.

There was a rope in the water that was covered with muscles that four people including myself were cut on. One poor lady quite badly. I mentioned to the water sports person that the rope needed to be removed but two days later and two more injuries later I finally talked to a manager and he explained they needed it for the boats. Really? It wasn't even visible to the boats because all the buoys were off or water logged. The next day it was finally removed.

Boogie boards were in such poor shape that the foam was almost entirely coming off the plastic backing which made the edges very sharp.

Finally, my husband used a bike and road to the RIU Palace and then the chain wouldn't stay on. He met every security guard and maintenance worker at all the resorts in between to find a wrench to tighten it so it would stay on. A manager called our room to find out how he was and scared me to death because I had no idea there was a problem or why he was gone so long. The next day, he changed a tire on yet another one of the bikes.

We've been to the NV/PV area six times and paying more, I expected more. There are lower priced resorts offering better quality. This one was not a good value which is very important to me. All in all, I would still consider going back but only if the price was considerably lower.

FYI - weather was sunny and low 90's everyday. Ocean temp was refreshing and waves were 1 to 3 feet. Last two days were many jellyfish. If you are susceptible to mosquitos, use spray.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear backatit63,

Thank you for your time I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I would like you to please know that we take great pride in our service standards and ability to meet and exceed our guest expectation but clearly missed the mark in this case.
Is a true honor to count on hard working people, thanks also for the feedback about boogie boards, we would love to have the opportunity to greet you back for an other Rockstar vacation.

Let’s rock together!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We have been vacationing with Palace Resorts and Hard rock Hotels for 7 yrs now. Sometime twice a year. It has been the best investment we have made for family bonding. Every year we say no this was the best vacation. It just keeps getting better and better. This trip we had butlers booking our spa treatments and excursions . Juan and Pedro took GREAT care of us. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Food was delicious, fresh and had healthy options. The Hotel is surrounded by ocean and mountains. The sand has these gold specks and we could walk for miles on the beach. I wish every family could have this kind of time together. Our family has so many wonderful memories in Mexico!!!! I highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Greetings!

Wow! Thank you very much for your awesome review, and happily knowing you´re comming back, I am so pleased to see you rated us 5* and even more coming from an experienced traveler as yourself; you are a true Rock Star and we are your loyal fans and will make sure you and your family receive the best of the best and the rock star treatment you are accustomed to in your next visit to your favorite stage in Vallarta. Thanks too for the huge help of your feedback, I can see you´re raving fans of Hard Rock and we look forward to welcome you soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Overall our trip was amazing. Over the top on making our trip special and memorable . Things like we are glad you made it hear safe. We were waiting for you to arrive. Always a smile on everyone's face. Glad to please. The resort is special. Great place to walk the beach in morning, rooms overlook the sunset at night. Pool entertainment , such as pool party's are outrageous.
Super resort for a family , kids are treated special even though we didn't have any with us. Can't wait to take our grandchildren.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
2  Thank gymlady30
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Appreciated Anth0ny777,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment with us. This office is aware of your dissatisfactions, on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay, however, we would like to inform you that every aspect of the Hard Rock Experience has been created for our guests satisfaction,
We would like to have you back soon and have the opportunity to change your perception of our resort by delivering the VIP service we intend to all of our guests.

Best Regards.