US$244
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$691
US$655
US$251
US$230
  • Pool
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$479
US$341
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$103
Bahia del Sol Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$114
US$89
US$420
  • Beachfront
Marina Banderas Suites Hotel Boutique(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
5,034 results
All reviewssun barel toropalace resortszen restaurantrock sparesort creditvacation plannerssunset cruiserock starpool partycity tourpunta canaromantic dinnerspa treatmentsentertainment staffzip liningsushi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

everything was great, room service, restaurant service, bell boy, front desk, entertaintment, all the people who works at hard rock ie very pro and gentle
the only thing the room was to small and the bed was very unconfortable and the best area was kids club my kids realy like it.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank Juan Carlos P
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Greetings Juan Carlos P,

Thank you very much for your short and sweet review, thatk you for rate us with the higher rate, I an so glad to hear that you had a great stay despite any inconvenient and the little Rockstars had a blast at the Lil big club, once again thank you, whenever you come back to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, our red carpet will be waiting to welcome our cherished Rockstars!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This will be a quite lengthy review going over amenities, the room, excursions, etc

Overall some mixed feelings, but if they make some improvements in two of their restaurants, redo their spa and kids club, we will definitely return!

Weather. If you love sunny days, you won´t find them in Nuevo Vallarta. This is nothing that the hotel can do about the weather, but I don´t know if I would return again. The problem with coming in the winter (which I have done twice) is that the pool water is freezing, it gets cool at night and it is crowded and overpriced (high season) I did not know that it rains up to 32 inches per month in June, July and August in Nuevo Vallarta. This means it rains up to 1 inch or more per day. We were in Nuevo Vallarta for 15 days and we only saw the sun for 3 days. They say that the rain happens mostly in the late afternoon and evening (and it does) but it also rains in the morning and it stays cloudy for most of the day. If you can only vacation during the summer months, you might want to go to Cabo, where it hardly rains at all, or Cancun, where it does rain, but 12 inches per month compared to 32 in Nuevo Vallarta. Even Hawaii would be better. If you like the sun, visit Nuevo Vallarta in the late spring or even winter.

Restaurants. Overall, the food was very good, but they need to work on a couple of restaurants.

There are 5. Frida is the Mexican restaurant. I had a smoked marlin appetizer and it tasted fishy, old and bad. My wife had fish as her main course and it was also fishy and bad. It is a small outdoor restaurant and my wife received over 15 mosquito bites. We did not return to this restaurant

Ipenema is the Brazilian restaurant. They serve various types of meat off of skewers. The problem was that practically all of the meat was well done, over cooked and dry. Customers complained about this for the 2 weeks that we were here. I only ate the turkey wrapped in bacon. Even their signature meat was not good. I left with a pile of meat on my plate. We did not return.

Ciao is the Italian restaurant. The filet mignon is very good, as are their salads and minestrone soup and their breads and pasta with pesto sauce and their desserts: They have both creme brule and tiramisu. We ate here 5 nights for dinner.

Zen. This is the Asian restaurant. They serve rack of lamb, but they call it lamb stew in a curry sauce. Their sushi and sashimi is also very good as well as their shrimp dishes. Try the fried ice cream or cheese cake for dessert. We ate here for 5 nights.

Buffet. For breakfast they have the usual omelette station, as well as homemade french toast, waffles, pancakes, a crepe station and smoked salmon with all of the fixings. For lunch they have great fish and meat fajitas grilled to order. They are open for dinner on select nights for certain themes. Try the Mexican night. There will be an arc of balloons over the entrance to the buffet on Mexican night. We ate dinner on the Latin night and tried a variety of foods from different countries, most of which were very well prepared. For dessert, the flan is delicious.

They also have a wood fire pizza oven by the pool outside and serve fresh pizzas. My wife liked the bolognese sauce with chorizo pizza. At Frida, they served hamburgers and homemade hotdogs, which were hit and miss, depending on how they cooked them. Most of the time, they tended to overcook the meat,

Breakfast overall was very good, lunch was good in the buffet and dinner was very good to excellent at the Zen and Ciao, but forget about going to Frida or the Brazil.

Spa. My wife joined Palace and Hard Rock resorts for the spa and the spa is very small. They have a nice view of the beach when you get a pedicure or manicure, but it is hot in the room as the sun beats in. The massage rooms are noisy. They state they are going to build a new spa. Best to wait until the new spa is built in a year or 2 if going to a real spa is important for you. By real spa, I mean the hydro-therapy and relaxation pools and meditation rooms along with steam room and sauna room.

Pools. There are 2 main pools. There is a pool bar in the main pool where activities such as bingo, pool volleyball, poker and other games are played. There is also a pool slide. The other pool is a family pool and next to that is a kiddie pool. The water is warm and murky due to a lot of people unfortunately peeing in the pool. The best test for a pool is to put a pair of goggles on. If you can´t see the length of the pool, then the water is dirty. Best to use the the pools early in the morning. Some people try to reserve chairs, but since the hotel was only around half full when we were here, finding a place to sit was not a problem, but it could be during the winter when it is high season.

Beach. The water is murky in the beginning due to the sand being churned up. Most of the time the water is a grey to dark greenish color. The California Pacific is much clearer, the water is more like what you might find off of the east coast beaches along Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. The visibility is poor. You will not get the blue, aquamarine waters that you see in Cancun and parts of the Caribbean here. The water is warm. The waves are for the most part quite mild --2-3 feet. You can get kayaks for free or boogie boards for free. The boogie boards may not hold the weight of an adult as they are quite flimsy.

1800 Points. You can use the points for golf, spa, chef dinner, romantic dinner, and excursions. You are charged 20% of the value of what you are paying for. If an 80 minute massage costs you 240 points then you are paying $48 for the massage (20 percent of 240).

Golf. I joined Palace Resorts and Hard Rock for the golf and my wife joined for the spa. Unfortunately, transportation to the golf courses was not included and it was a long taxi ride. Transportation to the golf courses is not included as it is with other Hard Rock and Palace resort properties. It costs around $20 round trip to go to the Flamingo Golf Course. Using your points, you can play for 150 points or $30. With the taxi ride, it costs $50. Due to the rain, the course is always wet and you are playing in winter conditions with lift, clean and place. The course from the back tees offers some challenges in terms of some lengthy holes. There are some water hazards. One par 5 challenges you to go over water and land on 2 on the green. Another par 3 you have to fly water from an elevated tee. Overall it is a good to very good golf course, The greens are quite slow due to being soaked in rain. They also have a Jack Nicklaus golf course in Puerto Vallarta that is around $40 to play and another $40 round trip for the taxi ride.

They had 6 different tours you could go on. Channel tour is a tour of the mangrove trees where you hope to see a crocodile. We didn´t see one. We only went on the tour because it was free for members.

City Tour. You take a bus to downtown Puerto Vallarta and you see one of the many statues along the boardwalk. You then walk to a Catholic church, our lady of Guadalupe. You then go to an overpriced silver market. You then go to a vista area of Los Arcos. Finally, you end up in the mountains at a tequila making factory where you learn how tequila is made and you get to taste tequila. Their anejo tequila is $62 for a 750 ml bottle and it is just okay. Only one person from the bus bought a bottle.

You then go to lunch which costs around $30 per person, but you don´t have to eat. There are some nice streams and falls to explore.

You return around 3:30. It was nice to get out and see the area.

Swim with the Dolphins. This is a must do. We had just five people, the 3 of us and another couple, and so we got a lot of time with the dolphin. You get to put on a mask and the dolphin takes you down to about 15 feet and then brings you back up and you also get a ride with the dolphin. Using resort credits it worked out to be around $40 per person. In Hawaii it would cost you four times that amount.

Snorkeling Tour: Another must do. We went out once again with just 5 people and we were the first boat to arrive at Los Arcos (the arches). Due to the rain, the visibility was only around 15 feet, but we saw tons of fish, hundreds would swim around you and you could reach out and touch them. You can also snorkel through the arches.

There were two more tours which we did not do. One was a zip line tour which i heard was fun and the other is a sunset sailing boat tour for a romantic evening, but it could be a bit too long and boring if that is not your interest.

There are many other tours you can book at the hotel and you can get a deal where you buy two tours and you get the 3rd for free. The tours can cost around $400 for 4 people, so three tours would cost $800 for a family of four. They have some exciting tours.

Kid's Club: My daughter absolutely loved the kids club thanks to Diana and Mercedes. She would not leave once she discovered it. The problem is that the kids club is quite musty due to the damp carpets. However, there is good news. The kids club is being expanded and moved to an area behind the Ciao restaurant. If you ever have any worries about leaving your kids don´t, as we have never, ever had a problem with Hard Rock Resorts or Palace Resorts.

My daughter also learned to surf here. That cost $24 for a half hour lesson, which ended up being a 50 minute lesson. We also rented a surf board for $12 an hour a few days later. I even tried to surf, but my 9 year old daughter showed me up,

My wife and I also took two bikes out and went on a bike ride. They do not have kids size bikes, so we were not able to bring our daughter.

My wife and daughter said they would both return. My daughter loves the kids club and surfing as well as the food at the buffet and my wife thought the service was very good to excellent. Occasionally you might get a poor server, but for the most part the service was great.

Being from California, it is only a 2.5 hour flight, so it is an easy travel for us. My wife also liked that on our first night here, we did not like our room, due to noise and they had no problem moving us.

My wife may wait until the new Kids Club is built and the new Spa is built. If it happens before next summer, then we will return, if not, we will wait a couple of years and go to Beach Palace or Moon Palace in Cancun next summer for the beach, golf, and spa.

Room Tip: We liked the top floor, sixth floor, rooms overlooking the garden area. You had a view of the sunsets over the ocean and a view of the north and the mountains. It was quieter and you had vaulted ceilings which made the room look bigger. .
6  Thank Chris S

Appreciated Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; Nevertheless we have passed your comments about kid size bikes to our management for further review.
Hard Rock is all about music and fun; and for those rainy days we have plenty of activities and fun stuff to do, really the entertainment team is a great resource to find out the evening activities and nightlife in & out of the resort. We offer evening shows, live music, karaoke, and much more. However we will pass on your feedback to our team so they can work on it to revamp your rock n' roll vacations! That’s the rock star lifestyle!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We decided to take our 3 sons to Mexico for a family vacation. My wife chose The Hard Rock Puerto Nuevo because of the great deal we got on the rooms, it ended up being so much more. The accommodations are outstanding. The pool side service( especially Jenni and Rosie )is the best. It is cool to tip them but they don't stand there and expect it. The hotel is relatively small( which we liked) so someone is always there to help you. We did 2 excursion at Puerto Vallarta Adventures, Sea Safari and Extreme Zip Line ( our guides for the zip line were Victor, Aby, Oscar, Stolzkin Marlon and Ruso. They were great ) I would highly recommend either. Hugo was amazing. Knowledgeable and friendly. Back to the hotel, great staff, great food and a great time. Lots of families having fun. We will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Appreciated Michael B

Thank you so much for the EXCELLENT review! I had a blast reading your kind comments; I am so pleased to hear that you were pampered by our staff service. The staff at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta certainly is the heart and soul of our resort, and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds, looking forward to greet you back soon and ready to roll out the red carpet for our cherished rock stars!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I just returned from the perfect week at the Hard Rock Vallarta. I attended a beach wedding that will be a treasured memory for me and all who attended. Everyone from check in to checkout was awesome: Laura at the Spa, the manager Alex (Alejandro Malanco), our servers Rosy and Morgan at the pool, Oliver who kept us entertained, Mario and so many others (I wish I could remember their names!) went way beyond my expectations to ensure I had an unforgettable stay. The food was top notch, especially the salmon at Ciao and pizza at the pool; I couldn't get enough of the guacamole and pineapple. Everything was fresh, beautifully presented and delicious. I rated the sleep quality as very good only because my room was above the Sun Bar which made it difficult to turn in early but I will definitely return for more rock star treatment.

Room Tip: Look for deals before booking. I got my all inclusive Jacuzzi room overlooking the pools for 30% off.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lynda M

I would like to thank you for your review about our resort; certainly I enjoyed reading that you loved our rock n roll style! No doubt there is always something going on as the fun is non-stop at our resort. I appreciate that you shared your friends wedding experience with us, and so happy to hear that you had a great stay. Thanks again for your comments and feedback, looking forward to welcome you back to the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I with our 10yr old traveled here in June. The hotel is fantastic. Food is great, restaurants have great variety. Our son had a blast with pools. Beach is great. Well worth it. Lots to do.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Appreciated Kavi32

Thank you so much for your short and sweet review. I appreciate you shared your family vacation experience with us, also want to thank you for all the kind remarks, looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.