“Awesome week at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sw Ohio
“Awesome week at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just got back from a week stay at the Hard Rock Vallarta. Transportation was quick and easy...they were waiting for us right by the door. Check-in was quick and we were off to our rooms within 30 minutes. Our presidential suite was amazing. Very surprised that there were 3 full bathrooms which was really nice with 5 of us in the suite. All restaurants were outstanding! Some of the best all-inclusive food we've had. The staff was excellent...friendly and very helpful. Resort is immaculately clean and very well landscaped. The location and view is awesome...surrounded by the Sierra Madre mountains. No issues whatsoever. We will be back! A special shout out to our butler Juan, Benji in The Marketplace, Gilberto in Ciao and Cabo of the entertainment staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Greetings maidenfam

I would like to thank you for your fantastic review, is for me always a pleasure to read our beloved Rockstar´s posts, and i personally enjoy to see staff members names on the reviews, that way whom would read this, would like to meet them personally, thanks again to took the time to write, and looking forward to pamper you on your next visit, we are ready to roll out the red carpet for our awesome Rockers!!

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was great! The staff was awesome and amazingly we never had to wait to get into any of the great restaurants at the resort. There was something going on all the time and the activity coordinators, Oliver, Gabo and Aimee were all incredibly personable and made sure everyone was having a good time. There were lots of families with kids, but we also met several honeymooners and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The pool area was great and the beach was beautiful. I would definitely come back here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret H
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Margaret H

Is so great to hear that you have had such a good impression of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, thank you very much for the all the kind remarks, is always a pleasure to me read happy quotes, i hope you would like to come back in a future holidays, our red carpet will be ready to greet our beloved Rockstars!

Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in the Hard Rock for the last week of June, with around 25 of us for my sister's wedding. We all had a great time. The hotel is beautiful, and the ocean water at the beach was warm and just what you would expect of a tropical location. We loved the restaurants.

What set this trip apart from many others was the level of customer service. We brought our one year old son with us. Granted, there isn't a lot to do for a small child at an all inclusive Mexican resort, but we had to bring him for his aunt's wedding. Plus it was his one year birthday on the 24th. The staff were so happy to see him everywhere we went. We think he had three birthday parties before the week was over. From poolside, to the restaurants, to even our maids, they were all so very nice to him, picking him up and playing with him. In our room, we had our beds made and towel creatures folded, but most memorable was how they made up his crib and put his pacifier on his pillow. So thoughtful.

We had a birthday party at Frida's restaurant for my cousin one day, and the staff there went above and beyond. We had planned to dine under the arbor, but a torrential downpour came at exactly the wrong time. Rather than just send us to another restaurant in the hotel, the Frida's staff moved our whole party of about 20 people under the roof. Mind you, Frida's is still an open air restaurant, so we still could see and hear the rain pounding. They also do their cooking down some stairs, and you could see the staff were standing in bushes, handing up plates to keep the rain from pouring on our entrees. Stupendous work.

Now, I don't write a lot of reviews, but I decided I definitely needed to write this one to recognize individually a staff member named Alan. He's a lifeguard/first responder for the hotel. After a day of snorkeling, I was back in the hotel room, and my wife saw blood shooting from my leg just as I was toweling off from a shower. He came up quickly, and stabilized the situation while a doctor was called. It didn't end up being that big a thing, but with the large amount of blood I lost it was scary for all of us. Though this is his job and what he is trained to do, he did it well and should be recognized for it. His presence was very calming. To top it off, the next day, he saw me by the pool and asked how I was.

The reason we went in the first place was for my sister's wedding. It was great. Again, the hotel distinguished itself with its service. The beach was way too hot for the planned cocktail hour reception, and though they had set up a bar for hours, they quickly moved it up to the Sun Bar balcony at my sister's request, and had no problem moving it into the Sun Bar when even the balcony was too hot.

All in all, it was a great time, and what made it great was the people that work there. This is my story about my trip. If you're thinking of going to a Mexican resort, I hope this review helps you discern if Hard Rock Vallarta is for you.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have larger balconies than others.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Greetings Pacidan,

Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us, i find your review very noteworthy, for all of us at Hard Rock hotel Vallarta, is a large pleasure to read about our Rockers A1 experiences and being part of amazing vacation story, congrats on your Sister's marriage and we all would love to see you come back on a future vacation, always ready to greet back our dear Rockstars!

San Luis Obispo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I are Legendary Vacations members and Hard Rock Hotels in Mexico are our home resorts. We stayed at the Hard Rock Vallarta from July 5 to July 12. It was our second time at the hotel.

The hotel and grounds were beautifully maintained as usual. There are constantly people working hard trimming, sweeping, washing, wiping, cutting, etc. The food was good and we enjoyed the multitude of restaurant options. The drinks were delicious and plentiful whether you were at the swim-up bar, one of the restaurants, sitting poolside, or on the beach. You never had to look hard to find a cold drink or someone willing to give you one.

We always have a great time at these resorts and sure enough Vallarta did not disappoint. In my experience of five trips to Hard Rocks in Mexico in the last three years, Vallarta has been the best. The reason why is simply the people. The entire staff at Vallarta has been by far the friendliest and most engaging I've met.

Take Canario, a waiter at the main pool, for example. Every day he would seek me out multiple times during the day to greet me by name, give me a fist bump, and talk to me about how I was doing and my plans for the day. He never ended a conversation without asking me if he could get me something and he never acted as if he expected anything in return. The coolest thing about it all was that I wasn't even sitting in his section of the pool. He just went out of his way to be friendly.

Another great person at Hard Rock Vallarta is Jenny Munoz. She was a waitress working on the beach this week. Jenny is one of the hardest working ladies I've seen, running up and down the beach all day in the hot sun. I'm not sure she ever stopped to take a breath. I met Jenny the last time I was at Hard Rock Vallarta, a year and a half ago and she still remembered me. She welcomed my wife and I back with "Bumble Bee" shots as she remembered they were one of our favorites from the previous trip. I was lucky to talk a lot with Jenny in Spanish. She was patient as I fumbled my way through and took the time to help me. I now consider Jenny a friend and I look forward to coming back to see her.

If you're on the fence and considering other All Inclusive options, choose Hard Rock Vallarta. At the end of the day all the hotels will have food, drinks, and beautiful facilities, but in my experience Hard Rock Vallarta is the only place where you will come away feeling like you have friends to come back to visit. I can't think of anything that could make a vacation better than that.

1 Thank hutchim
Appreciated hutchim,

Wow! superb review, i would like to thank you for your kindness to the staff, ALL WE NEED IS LOVE, so great to hear that we have met your expectations, here at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, is a blasting experience to know that we have reach the excellence on service, you are already true Rockstars, and i hope that you are coming back soon, get ready to Rock with the Band!!

General manager
cheshire, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We spent 7 nights at the Hard Rock. We are Palace Resorts members and therefore enjoy many amenities at the Hard Rock also. The resort is very nicely maintained with multiple pool areas and on the beach. I was recovering from a fractured foot, so I didn't really go down to the beach, but others said how lovely and warm it was. Unfortunately, we had rain which caused some run-off from the mountains to do into the ocean. The pool areas were great. The staff was always attentive with drinks, BBQ's, music, entertainment. There are 4 restaurants and like other all-inclusives, the food is OK. Nothing spectacular, but nothing awful either. We found the Brazilian, Ipanema, to be the best of all. This is a great hotel for entertainment. We were so impressed with the continuous efforts from the entertainment staff, Oliver and Gabo, to keep things going. They were fantastic! Kudos to the pool wait staff, Marisella and Canario. They would know exactly what we needed and would bring them without even asking! Thank you Benji in the Market for ensuring that I had HOT coffee in the morning! Everyone went out of their way to make sure that we had whatever we needed to be happy! It was their job to make sure we were!
The location of the hotel is about 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta. We took a cab to the city which cost almost $20 but it was well worth it! What a gorgeous city!!! It was safe and easy to walk. Families are everywhere! The boardwalk is lined with restaurants, clubs, cafes, stores, etc. There are beautiful sculptures along the way. I wish we had gone again.
We went to Rhythm of the Nights and that was really nice. It's kind of like a Cirque du Soleil but in a rain forest. The boat ride there was about 50 minutes or so, but the staff made sure we were entertained both ways. It's a little far, and if you have to pay for it, it's not cheap, but the cost includes the boat ride, the show and the dinner, so it's worth it. The dinner there was actually tastier than at the resort! Maybe I was just hungry. Everyone told us not to eat a big lunch, but I wish I had eaten more. They don't serve dinner until about 9:30 so that was a long wait.
The room was large with a jacuzzi. It was clean and the bed was surprisingly very comfortable. Although we had a balcony, as others have said, it's just for standing on. You can't sit there. The lighting in the bathroom could be brighter. But, it was always very clean.
This resort is especially great for younger people, aged 20-40 or so. Although there were many families with children and older people, the entertainment and music was definitely geared toward their age group. We are in our 50's, but we still had a lot of fun just listening and watching. I would definitely recommend the resort if you're planning on going to this area. There are many Americans, Canadians and Mexicans that vacation here. We also met/saw visitors from England and Asia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an actual balcony, and if you can get it, ocean-front.
1 Thank athenabar
Dear athenabar,

All i can say is Wow! Thank you very much for all the kind remarks, appreciate the feedback for your experience and i assure you that we are loving to do our job and read how much you have enjoy, i know that people will find your review, as very helpful as delightful i find it, once again thank you and i wish you the very best on your recovery, whenever you come back to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, our red carpet will be waiting to welcome our cherished Rockstars!!

Ortonville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We will be coming back for sure. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out this hotel was amazing the staff, food, drinks, rooms. Everything! Super clean, and I am a clean freak. We were here on our honeymoon and it made it the best stay ever! It was worth every penny! There was something fun going on at all times. They even did a fun 4th of July BBQ. Literally this hotel will amaze you!

Greetings Jennifer G

Thank you!! This is a very gratifying review, especially the mention of the amazing staff, is a real pleasure to know that we has met the goal, do what you love and love what you do, it is the key, and is great to know that you will be back soon, here at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta we are ready to roll out the red carpet to our beloved Rockstars!

General manager
Ontario, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

There were good things to HR, as well as definite room for improvement. Because we toured Hard Rock Cancun, and purchased a package through Cancun, I feel it's important to be very honest. The first clarification needed is that we were not in Puerto Vallarta, but actually Nayarit. A bit deceiving from what we were told in Cancun, but there you have it. Upon entering the hotel for check-in, we were greeted with moist towels to freshen up, as well as lemonade in champagn flutes. The room itself was amazing, clean and well-stocked. Our ocean view was beautiful, but in fact, a view of the neighboring hotel. The TV channel availability was lacking and did not have good channels for movies or comedic relief. The hotel itself was clean, however, in need of improvements. I rained off and on a few days, and in those days, there would be water leakage coming from the windows in the halls, overhead in the lobby, etc. A hazard waiting to happen. The beach area is pleasant and has excellent service from the bar staff. Morgan was wonderful and very attenttive, taking drinks on a continous basis, as well as snacks (nachos, hamburgers, hot dogs). The pool area was very clean and beautiful. Beautiful swim up bar, waterfalls, areas for groups as well as more private areas. Two thumbs up here. The hotel has a number of restaurants that did not require advance reservations, a definite plus. Zen was Japanese cuisine and very fresh. The staff was very helpful in offering suggestions and everything was delicious. Ciao is an Italian restaurant and we enjoyed it thoroughly as well, having had dinner here twice. The menu selection again was very good, fresh and the view was fantastic. There was no pressure to buy timeshares, which was very much appreciated. Booking activities seemed to be a challenge, however. Having researched what we wanted to do, we were told that those activities were only available Tuesday (the day we were checking out) although we were asking on a Friday. (It didn't make sense that some activities were not available on the weekends. Therefore, our "resort credits" went unused as the services we wanted were not available. I inquired about spa services, and again, conveniently, everything was booked, yet we later met a couple wlho had no problem scheduling appointments thereafter. We became persona non-gratas after that, ignored by staff. The activities sucked! The activities center around the pool in the daytime, and in the evening, they have a show and music entertainment. We saw a Pop variety show as well as a Mexican Forloriko show, and that was OK. The music however, sucked. It caters to older Caucasian people and consisted of The Eagles and Bon Jovi. More variety is definitely in need, and definitely more current selection. Many people we met where from neighboring Mexican states, so it was disappointing to see that there was not much for Spanish-speaking only people. Not only for them, but for tourists who love Spanish music. I thought, being Hard Rock, there were would be major dancing, and that was so not the case. There was nothing walking distance from the hotel, but a small mall area which lacks stores, and has a few Americanized restaurants. We did experience very nice wait staff, from Morgan to Susy, who were wonderful. The pool entertainment staff was also very engaging and trying to get everyone to participate, invite them to the shows daily, etc. The rooms were clean to our satisfaction. Our AC was shut-off the morning of checkout, even though we had two hours for check-out. We ended up having to wait out the rest of our stay in the lobby. I would not go back to this hotel. I'm sure that delicious food and beautiful pool set-ups can be found at many hotels in Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta that is.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Glenda L,

Thank you for your time and candor in bring your opinion to my attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I would like you to know that we take great pride in our service standards and ability to meet and exceed our guest expectation bur clearly missed the mark in this case.
We would love to hear more details about your experience so we can revamp our service; a specialist will contact you by private message.
Again please accept my apology and look forward to welcome you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,699 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!