“HRH Vallarta is amazing!!!”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“HRH Vallarta is amazing!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

First off, we stayed here in Nov. and Dec 2012 for 12 nights, 13 days. We also had our wedding here as well.

The resort is lovely, staff are amazing...food and drinks are delicious. We can't wait to get back. The only thing lacking is that we wish it was ADULTS ONLY.

Room Tip: Upgrade to conceriege level!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey B
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Stacey B,

Thank you for your thilling review, is a pleasure to know that you had chosen Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta as you wedding destination, since the last time you been here, had place several changes that I can imagine you would love to see, It will be our pleasure if we could greet you soon for congratulate you on your upcoming anniversary.

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Polish first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just returned from a week long fantastic holiday at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta. Coming from the UK (11 hour flight) and with a 10 year old we wanted to make sure we had a family friendly holiday with something for all of us! We weren't disappointed.

Not many British guests staying at the hotel (your missing out!) but a great atmosphere, fantastic service, good music, cocktails, activities, trips and kids club had something for all ages! can't recommend this place enough.

Only negative comments would be that the band for the pool party was a little too 'heavy metal' for a family audience! but apart from that we really didn't want too leave. Also when we arrived they gave us a room with one bed (for the 3 of us!) but brought up a travel bad for our son and then moved us the next day (good as we were right above the bar / band that night which was quite loud late at night)

All the staff are fantastic and work so hard to make sure you had the best holiday ever so our thanks to all of them!

Room Tip: Seaview is best and make sure you are not above the sunbar if you have kids (the bands over the week...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jon W
Dear Jon W,

Thank you very much for your review, is my pleasure to read your nice comments about the resort, I am so glad that you had an excellent stay despite any inconvenience, I have readed your suggestion about the music selection by the pool on family hours, thank you very much for the feedback, I sincerely hope we can have the pleasure of welcome you back for one more Rockstar vacation.

Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Totally over-rated. Felt ripped off by activity planners and tour guides. Felt like no taste in the food in all restaurants except on. Make sure you tip really well at the beginning if you want really good service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

3 Thank Neda N
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Greetings Neda N,

Thank you for reviewed our resort, sadly I can see we couldn't meet your expectations, I sincerely apologize if you felt any kind of discomfort when interacting with our vacations planners, Is my primary concern to achieve our guest satisfaction, in order to take advantage of your very valuable feedback and if you have any further opinions to share please do not hesitate, a customer care agent will contact you via private message to follow up with you.

Barbados
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I just spent four relaxing days at the Hard Rock Vallarta from July 31st to August 3rd 2014. I was there primarily for my friend’s wedding. I arrived the evening around 3pm and check-in took around thirty minutes as the hotel was quite busy. While waiting to check-in, a waiter came over and offered me a non-alcoholic frozen Mojito which was a great touch. The location of the hotel was relatively good and only 20 minutes away from PVR Airport.

I booked a Garden View Room and was assigned to room 2070 which faced the Sunset Garden at the hotel. The room was very impressive with the highlight being the jacuzzi next to the bed. Every amenity you could think of was there. What’s more, I highly appreciated the minibar and liquor dispenser in the room. The fridge was stocked with two orange juices, two apple juices, two 1.5L bottles of water, three Pepsi, three Diet Pepsi, two 7-UP, two Tecate Light beers and two Dos Equis beers. The liquor dispensers comprised of Vodka, Tequila, Whisky and Rum. All I can say is, all inclusive means all inclusive! Each day the minibar was packed back with whatever I used. Wi-Fi was free and I always got an excellent connection wherever I was around the resort. You can also access the Wi-Fi from the beach. Telephone calls to the US were also included so you could definitely chat the day away if need be.

Housekeeping at this hotel was first-rate as they did a thorough job each day. For this I highly commend them. They also did a turndown service each evening which I was very impressed with. They would always leave a bottle of water and a glass, Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses and the remote control perfectly positioned next to the bed. There were always more than enough towels available and toiletries were replenished daily as should be.

The restaurants at the hotel were definitely good and my personal two favourites were Frida and the Market Buffet. I ate all my breakfasts at the Market Buffet and most lunches at Frida and I thoroughly enjoyed all the food I tried. There was also a pizza bar by the pool which was a great addition to the restaurants. Another great restaurant on site was Ciao which is the Italian Restaurant. There is definitely something there for every taste.

This resort is also very well maintained. Believe me when I say that as I never left the resort over the period I was there. Pool/beach chairs were abundant, lawns well-manicured, hedges trimmed etc. I recall reading many reviews speaking of a tired-looking resort but this was not my experience at all. The swim-up pool bar I patronised quite a bit but I found that the service there was sometimes slow because in the afternoons the staff were overwhelmed by the large number of orders they had.

There is a Hard Rock Gift Shop at the hotel and as you can expect, the items are not cheap. I was given $500 in resort credits at check-in which I was never able to use unfortunately. Spa services were fully booked up for the period I was there and I wasn’t too keen on any of the tours I saw. I would suggest that perhaps the resort consider allowing guests to redeem the resort credits in the gift shop as it would be a good idea. There was also a small convenience store next to the gift shop which is independently managed. It has souvenirs, snacks, toiletries etc available for sale.

This resort is very popular with families, honeymooners and couples. There were two other weddings there during my stay apart from the one I was there to attend. The beach is a really good spot for getting married so I would definitely recommend it. There are however some points to note. Firstly, you are issued with a towel card at check-in. This card’s purpose is so that you can obtain a towel at the pool. If you lose the card, they will charge you $20 USD. Secondly, you are issued with a wristband at check-in. Most people’s wristbands are yellow, but there are other colours. As my friend was getting married, his was pink. If you lose your wristband you will be charged $75 USD. In all fairness, they did indicate at check-in that if you feel like it’s becoming loose, they would change it for you.

Although there are a few minor issues encountered, I would definitely return to this resort again. The friendliness of the staff really impressed me as well as their hard-working nature. Well done!

Room Tip: High floor rooms have excellent Ocean Views
9 Thank BGIWorldTraveller
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Greeting BGIWorldTraveller,

Thanks you very much for your GREAT review, is a pleasure for me to read your kind comments and suggestions, we truly enjoy to pamper our dear guests with the best service and Rockstar treatment as you deserve , thank you as well for highly recommend us, Looking forward to greet you back soon here at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the resort for a destination wedding and had a great time just relaxing and having fun. We didn't leave the resort much as our goal was just to chill out! Everyone at the resort provided excellent service, but there were two standouts. Rosy by the pool was fantastic in her attentiveness and ensured we all had a great experience! Our very large group (40) never wanted for a drink and she remembered our preferences from day to day! Also Luis in the Sun Bar was very friendly and helpful. He assisted with a tequila tasting we had (Sommelier was good too!) and then remembered our group later in the Sun Bar and from day to day. Truly, the service was over the top in all regards at this resort.
Two great benefits: Free wifi and free calls to continental U.S.--helped us keep in touch with the kids back home! Cannot undervalue that!
My only suggestion would be for the hotel security staff to be a little more proactive in keeping noise levels in guest room hallways down. There were multiple nights when we were woken after 1:00 a.m. by loud guests in the halls. It is the Hard Rock, but even rockstars need some sleep!

Room Tip: Rooms were all comparable to each other, and all seemed to have some ocean view. If you're noise...
4 Thank Erin M
Dear Erin M,

I would like to thank you for your sweet review, is my pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, We are glad you had a great time despite the noise at the hallways. We shared your comments with our team to ensure we keep the relaxing and quiet ambience around our Rockstar's rooms, we look forward to welcome you all again.

Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We traveled to this hotel for a destination wedding. The hotel was average. What was above average was the service we received from our pool waitress Rosy. She made the trip, not only was she entertaining, but she was helpful, sweet and very efficient.
I thought the pool could have more entertainment. There was only music at the pool for about an hour each day, which I would expect it to be continuous throughout for the "Hard Rock".
My least favorite part of the style was the check out process. They still use the old school check out which makes you actually stop at the front desk and pay your charges for the stay. There was a line about 50 deep when it came time to check out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Greetings KellyRDH99,

Thank you for reviewed our resort, is very thrilled to hear that Rosy made your stay, Sincerely I wish we could do more to really Rock your vacation, a little bit disheartened that was not the case and I apologize. The 5* stars reviews are for me as important as the feedback on underrated ones, please do not hesitate to share further comments with us, a customer care agent will contact you via private message.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Room - Large and clean. I particularily liked that the air conditioning was a moderate temperature, not blasting cold air. As I read in another review, the morning of checkout, we woke up to the power/hot water shut off in our room. I had to call to get it back on (which happened immediately after I called - magic!). I believe this was due to the fact that we failed to read the checkout bill which asks to settle up the extras on the night before you check out, not day of. Also, as I read in another review, the cleaning service knocked, then entered (despite a do not disturb sign on the door). They left once they realized that my boyfriend was in the jacuzzi and I was in the shower, but really?! Loved the in-room jacuzzi, but the jets weren't working until we called someone to come fix. Loved the in-room alcohol dispensers.

Pool - Murky waters made me not want to get in until after a few drinks. I would've preferred to have one pool designated as an adults-only pool. Pool closes at 10pm. I think next time I'll stay at an adults-only all-inclusive to have access to pool after hours.

Beach - Water was murky (maybe from storms), very warm and calm, no waves. Sand was nice. It was an average beach.

Customer Service - Excellent Customer Service, all of the staff was VERY friendly and helpful.

Shuttle to/from airport - On the way to the hotel, they just put us in a taxi. Although they made sure it had A/C, but it kinda felt like I could've hailed my own cab. The taxi driver was EXCELLENT so I tipped him extra. On the way to the airport, we rode in a shuttle with another family. This was what I expected for the price.

Night Shows - Pleasantly surprised that these were pretty entertaining (Fire Show and Folklorico Mexican show).

Food - I'm spoiled because I live in California and regularly have access to excellent food. Every thing here was OK - 'resort food'. I thought the best place was Frida (Mexican). I also thought it would be hard to mess-up Italian. And I was wrong - Stouffer's frozen lasagna is better than this! The pizza by the pool and room service are just so convenient.

Excursions (Resort Credits) - We did dolphin adventure, which was fun and closeby. Didn't take too long, but buying photos was outrageously overpriced.
We also did the Indio Zipline Tour. It's 1.5 hours away on an open air bus, which gives a nice tour of Puerto Vallarta and coastline, but is a little scary. We also had to meet this bus at an Oxxo convenience store, and the taxi from the hotel took us to the wrong one (I felt the bell boy should've confirmed with him the location before we departed, and I even pointed to the correct location, so maybe this taxi driver just wanted to screw us over). We ended up hailing another taxi and going to the right location, but almost missed the trip. The ziplines were fun, BRING BUG SPRAY, the tequila tasting afterwards was good, but the food was way overpriced and not good at all. They don't let you bring your camera, but luckily the photos here were more reasonable than the dolphin adventure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KellyRDH99,

Thank you for your review, we strive to provide our Dear Rockers with the Rockstar experience, i'm so sorry to hear that was not the case for you, as a part our customer appreciation program, we would love to hear how we can change your perception about our resort, You can contribute to help us to serve you better, feedback is a very valuable jewel for us in Hotel Industry, so please if you have anything else to share, do not hesitate, a customer care agent will contact you via private message.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,772 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!