Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$672
US$655
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$499
US$407
US$135
Bookit.com
  • Beachfront
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$209
US$264
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$126
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$285
Barcelo.com
TripAdvisor
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,103 results
All reviewssun barel toropalace resortszen restaurantrock sparesort creditvacation plannerssunset cruiserock starpool partycity tourpunta canaromantic dinnerspa treatmentsentertainment staffzip liningsushi
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Górgoros location, fantástic staff and Food ...Spectacular Views from the rooms...doesnt Get much better than this! Shows at night were perhaps not top notch but still very worthwhile. And the spa treatments-massages Will make you melt!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear olsensusan,

Thank you very much for you sweet review, I loved to read all your positive comments about our resort is a huge pleasure for all of us at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to know that you were feeling like a Rockstar, certainly you loved our rock n roll style!, looking forward to greet you back soon and ready to roll out the red carpet for our cherished rock stars!

Kind Regards!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My Fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for my friends wedding. At first glance, the hotel was beautiful and clean. Staying at this hotel changed our whole perspective.

Drinks
This is a great hotel if all you are into is drinking (tequila and bottom shelf drinks). I drink and my Fiancé does not. They only had a small selection of Top shelf drinks (five bottles to be exact). All of the drinks tasted watered down. None of the bartenders knew how to make a drink. All of the soda beverages were flat, unless you personally asked for a closed can and didn't mind waiting 5-10 minutes for it.

With the selections of places to choose to eat from, it was all about choosing the place that had the best mediocre tasting food because nothing was all that great here. I feel that some of the breakfast items were leftover food from the night before.

The food was never hot. It was usually stale, undercooked or bland. Food looked 5 star but tasted 1 star. The food was nothing to rave about. On one of the nights we decided to eat dinner at "frida" which is their Mexican restaurant. The food was not authentic Mexican food. We came to Mexico hoping to have good Mexican food. We did not enjoy any of the food at this hotel had to offer. We were lucky enough to find a McDonalds at the mall down the street on our last day. We do not eat McDonalds, but we were so hungry and desperate, that it tasted amazing. I believe we lost weight from how disgusting the food at this resort was.

24-Hour Room Service
The 24 hour room service was more like "once in a while room service". Although they had food throughout most of the night, you only had a handful of selections from the 3-4 pages they had for the room service. And of course me being allergic to shellfish, eliminated 75% of the items on any menu.

Pool
The pools were beautiful, but only stayed open until 8pm or Sundown. After speaking with front desk, they assured us at 8:50PM that although the towel hut closes at 8PM and the pool usually stays open until staff asks for you to leave the pool in order to put chemicals in. They assured us that we could stay in the pool until 10-11PM, which is usually when they put the chemicals in. At 9:15PM we were then rudely approached by a pool staff to "get out of the pool, right now..lets go". After calmly explaining to him what the front desk assured us of, he then turned to us and said "I don't go to the front desk and do their job, so they can't tell you how to do mine". After a few minutes of trying to get him to see our point of view as a guest, that spent a lot of money to go there, we retreated back to the front desk. Front desk informed us that they would enter a note in the system and said "sorry". Nothing in regards to this incident was followed up with. So much for that note in the system. We do not believe that is customer service.

Card Keys -- Just a note
On our last day, and stopping my the front desk several times, no one informed us that our key cards would deactivate at noon and would not allow us back into our rooms. They will only allow an activation for a one time use. The hotel staff knocked on the door and told us they have been looking for us, after just stopping by to have our cards activated. We called down and were informed we needed to be out of our rooms four hours before our scheduled time to go to the airport because they wanted to clean our room for the next incoming guests.

Transfer Service
After paying $60 for this service, they wouldn't allow us to reschedule our pick up time to head to the airport two hours in advance. The team was unapproachable and could care less about attempting to assist you. They didn't even bother checking if they were able to accommodate you. We then told them we would end up taking a taxi and their only response was "okay" and their eyes went back to their computers. I had asked them if they needed my name or anything so that the driver would know not to wait for us or pick us up. They looked at us with no response. My Fiancé blurted out loud that they didn't care because they already had their money. They then insisted to get our names. They truly did not care. They were not enthusiastic nor were they accommodating.

Entertainment
Due to the rain at night, the outdoor shows were limited and you were forced to go to the sunbar....to drink. There is only one pool table. Good Luck using the pool table because there is only one. Like mentioned before, pools close at 8, so your only option was to stay in your room and watch spanish channels. (58 channels, only four are english). Entertainment....I basically paid to stay in a room and watch NETFLIX on my iPad..hungry...HUNGRY.

Although Mexico is beautiful in a downtown area, it was filled with interesting history, wonderful art and different people. However, thanks to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, we will not be returning to this hotel or any of the Hard Rock hotels. Now we need a vacation from this vacation. Such a waste of money and time.

Room Tip: Great ocean view room. We were on the seventh floor, right above the Sunbar. It was slightly noisy on certain nights but manageable. Air conditioning was set to 22 degrees Celsius. You have to call front desk to unlock it for you if you wish to have the room colder. There weren't a lot of rooms on our floor which was a plus.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Dcnunez28

Appreciated Dcnunez28,

Thank you very much for your review, I would like to apologize for the rude treatment you have experienced during your stay, I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and I want you to know please, the behavior of the person involved in no way reflects the standards to which we hold our staff members. A customer care agent will contact you via private message. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Go to the restaurant Ciao is the best and the wine is so great.
Spend time in the room jacuzzi.
The pillows are soooo great, im in love! jaja. LOL!
In general its a great hotel to spend all the time in it, to relax and enjoy friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Marie Claire A,

Thank you very much for your sweet review, is a pleasure for me to have the opportunity of reading your opinion, Hard Rock is all about the music and fun, and we are pleased that you took great advantage of our facilities and restaurants. ! We can’t wait to welcome you all again to your new favorite spot: Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Best Regards!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Just returned from another great trip to HR Vallarta! This was the second time we visited. The best thing about this place is the service. All the staff members are amazing and work very hard at what they do.

Front Desk: Special thanks to Fabio who tried to accommodate us by finding us another room because we were located close the elevator and could hear everyone's conversation from the inside of our room. Luckily, the rowdy people left and we didn't need to change rooms. He also helped us with our blue ice so that it would remain frozen on outings and return trip home. (Traveling with a toddler, you need cold drinks and snacks handy).

Kids Club: Honestly, we love coming to HR Vallarta because of Ms. Diana and Ms. Mercedes. They are the sweetest and nicest girls to work with. These girls work magic with the children and the kids love them like family, our family included. They work so well with my son and my son asks for them saying things such as "mom, I want to go to kids club and see Ms. Diana and Ms. Mercedes. I want to give Ms. Diana and Ms. Mercedes a hug." I like how they have an activities calendar with things to do every hour from 10am to 5pm. However, I do think Kids Club needs to be expanded to include activities in the evening from 5pm to about 9pm. I suggest having a show, movie & popcorn or similar evening activities. Not all kids want to hang out by the pool or the Sun Bar in the evening, especially my 3 year old. I was told they are going to start expansion of the Kids Club on 12/1/14. Let's hope you keep your promise so the next time we go, the Kids Club is new and improved and you have evening events like the other Hard Rocks that have Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train, Angelina Ballerina etc.

Restaurants: First the Bad... we loved all the food options except Caio. We felt Caio needs to improve their menu and service. Drinks were not filled up promptly like at the other restaurants and our waiter was always missing.

Ipanema: We love the staff at Ipanema, especially Rodolfo and Eduardo. Both provided excellent service and entertained our son and made him happy! The other staff members were also great. The food is also good, serving primarily meat.

Zen: We also enjoyed the food at Zen. The waiters Daniel, Victor, Jesus, Miguel, Gabriel-- good job guys! Thanks for putting up with our rowdy and wild 3 year old boy aka "Super Boy".

Frida: We loved the food here as well but the options started to dwindle by the end of the week. On Sunday, they had a great ceviche and then by Thursday and Friday, the ceviche was like nothing. That would be my only complaint. Other than that the food is pretty good. Great service from Rosy and the two other men (can't remember their name) but Rosy is on top of everything!

Market: Great place for breakfast with a lot of variety. The service here is hit and miss during breakfast. There were times no one came over to offer coffee and we had to track down someone. We came here once for lunch on Monday and I asked for a hot dog. The cook (skinny lady) made my son a raw hot dog! No bueno! It needs to be cooked longer. After this experience, we never came back and just ate lunch at Frida.

Pizetto: Great pizzas. my son loved the Hawaiian pizza. The male chef has a little attitude and kind of rude. Regardless, good food anyway.

Spas: Had a great time at the spa using our 2000 resort credits. I loved my body wrap and body massage with Engracia. She is wonderful! My husband loved his mani and pedi from Lucio. Roxana, who gave me a pedi, seemed unhappy and her massage was wimpy. This place is good if you get a good person.

Legendary People/Bookings: Thanks so much Sandra for helping us out! She switched out Caletas for 200 resort credits because the waves were too high to go to Caletas. Sandra's customer service is excellent! Thanks also to Javier, Ramon and Milton who booked our excursions. All great service from these gentlemen!

Bell Boys: The bell boys were also great. I can't remember his name but a tall guy with dark hair & athletic build was most helpful in collecting our bags.

Hotel Room: The only reason I'm giving this place 4 stars instead of 5 is that the rooms need updating. First, our room had issues with the toilet. First it wouldn't flush then it would make loud sounds all through the night. In fact, it made loud sounds for the entirety of our stay. Further, sometimes the sink and shower would smell of sewer. Honestly, we are only in our room to sleep so I wasn't going to let this ruin our vacation. But, you guys should consider updating the rooms such as adding double sinks. The shower doors are also weak.

That's it for now! Thanks again for another memorable vacation well spent!

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevator. Doors are thin and you will hear everyone's conversation.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wini S
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Wini S,

Thank you for your very sweet and detailed review, is my pleasure to know you´re frecuent visitors of Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, I find your review very noteworthy, you totaly focused on to mention as many staff members who meant on your vacation! Wow! also I want to specially thank you for the huge service of your feedback, we all would love to see you come back on a future vacation, always ready to pamper our dear Rockstars!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Went for our honeymoon. Everything was nice except there were too many kids....kids in adult pools, the pool bar, the sunbar at 11pm. Very annoying. No other complaints except the kids. Staff was great, room was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank Lisa R
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Lisa R,

Thank you very much for your review, is my pleasure to read your comments and nice to see that you liked our resort, is during summer when families take time to vacation with the kids out of the school, I would love to hear more from you and further opinions in order to improve that matter of your discomfort, a customer care representative will contact you via private message to follow up.

Kind Regards.