My daughter & her friend traveled to the Marival in July and loved it so much they went back in late August. So we had to check it out!
The resort is fantastic - it is new and all suites, so we were in a 1400 sq ft 1 bedroom condo with 2 luxurious bathrooms and a spacious balcony. The restaurants are all a la carte, and the quality of the menu is the best that I have seen so far in my travels. Some menu items can compete with the best in Vancouver. The mixed drinks are all done very well and they use premium liquor. The wine in the restaurant is drinkable!! The pools are very well thought out, with children’s pools, splash pools in one area with bridge separations to keep the adult pool quiet. There is a beautiful secluded hot tub area with waterfall and bali beds. There are smaller serpentine pools stepping out from the 1st floor rooms which are secluded and private and a pool on the 6th floor deck of the bar/restaurant Insu. The pool is a little too public for me, but it is a wonderful place to watch the sunset. It has a nice vibe, and on Thurs, Fri, Sat, has a dj.
Our experience at the resort would be tough to beat. The staff are exceptional!! The concierge staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Mr. Carlos, the chief concierge.
Did I mention that the resort includes some free tours? These are extremely good value and are regular tours that are offered to the paying public! (Not gimmicks to get you somewhere to buy something!) We ran out of time to take all the tours (didn’t want it to cut into our beach time too much) - but maybe next time! (Also free golf if you are that way inclined, just don’t forget you will still have to pay for equipment and golf cart rental. I think it is only the green fees that are included).
The resort is not beachfront if that bothers you, there is a funky little golf cart that whizzes you to and from their sister resort, available 24/7. There is never more than a wait of a few minutes and the trip takes only a few minutes. There is a roped off special area of the beach that has lounge chairs, umbrellas and bali beds. The food and drinks there appear to be made separate from the sister resort (pity the guests there - they’re not special like you!) and again the quality of the food and drink is very good to exceptional. I understand that there is evening entertainment and a disco at this resort that you are welcome to go to. Also the specialty restaurants are available to us as well, but we were having so much fun testing the menu at the Residences, we had no interest in going.
Whenever we travel, we try to turn off the air conditioning whenever possible, and open windows/ doors for ventilation. I believe this improves the quality of the indoor air and prevent odours as all air conditioners tend to end up with water condensing in them and consequently you get growth of mold and bacteria. When we were there, the weather was very hot and humid, but we still opened the patio door in the morning before it got too hot and closed the drapes to keep the condo cooler and turned the air conditioner down or off while we were gone.
Overall, I pretty positive we’ll come back, and I’m encouraging everyone who’s important to me to consider going to the Marival Residences. It was an exceptional, memorable (for all the good reasons) holiday. The resort is set up very nicely. The staff is very well trained and friendly. The only thing I have to complain about is having to go home! :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico