I went down to Marival for a quick three-night stay with a friend, and we couldn't have had a better time. The resort was empty (end of their off season) so we had the place to ourselves. The package we had put us up in the Penthouse room - gorgeous! Though we spent so little time in the room that we probably would have been quite happy with more modest accommodations.
Staff was super friendly and attentive, and not at all overbearing. We spent the majority of one day on a Vallarta Adventures snorkeling trip to Marietas, and the majority of another day on the all-inclusive zip lining tour. Since we weren't parked at the pool or beach non-stop for three days we didn't get to know the servers so I can't compliment a few as in many other reviews, but I can say everyone we came in contact with made our trip fantastic. Carlos the concierge did find us every day to check in and make sure we were having a great time. He and Maggie (the other concierge who helped us) were both wonderful.
The excursions we did were really fun if you're looking to do more than sit by the pool. Though don't be freaked out when you get dropped off at a gas station for the zip line trip. It seems sort of sketchy, but turned out to be a blast once we got in the truck and on the road. Take dramamine for the drive though!! The tour guides on both excursions were super friendly, and really worked it pretty hard to keep you entertained. You can tell they live off tips, and we were HAPPY to tip them well at the end of the day because we had such a great time.
We went to the spa for massages since it was also included in our package. Again, easy booking since it was pretty quiet. I mis-booked a 90 minute massage and only had time for a 60, and they changed it without any argument. Unfortunately the fire alarm went off a few times during my massage, but my therapist handled it professionally and everyone apologized profusely. And gave me 25% off. The spa facility is *beautiful*. We were short on time or else I could have easily spent a half day there in their sauna, hot tubs, lounges, etc. Fantastic waterfall showers in the bathroom! The massage wasn't the best I've ever had, but definitely very good.
Some of the other reviews on tripadvisor complain about having to take the golf cart to the beach. It didn't bother us at all. Sure, it would be great to stumble out of your room to the beach, but the shuttle takes literally 3 minutes and was always waiting when we wanted to go. The VIP beach is beautiful - lots of chairs and cabanas and the water is lovely. I guess if you are making multiple trips a day it would get old, but we didn't mind.
Overall I thought the food was good. Caveat - I'm a HUGE food snob, so I am probably overly picky. My friend loved everything she ate. We had a great time at the rooftop bar sampling all the tapas and watching the sun set! We went to the italian restaurant at the other property with a couple we went zip lining with and I didn't think it was great, but does anyone really go to Mexico to get a fantastic italian meal? I didn't. Everyone else really enjoyed their dinner, so again, I'm probably overly picky.
The only, and I mean ONLY thing I was less than delighted with was the shower head in our bathroom. It's mounted really high, so the water dissipates a lot to begin with, plus not a ton of water volume or pressure. I ended up washing my hair in our kitchen sink every day because it took forever to rinse the shampoo out in the shower. Certainly not the end of the world.
Oh Marival, I will be back soon.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico