“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
canada
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed in room 621. It's the corner Penthouse Suite that provides a more panaromic view of this wonderful resort. From what I understand you can purchase a non-inclusive package...don't bother (seriously), go for it and purchase the all inclusive package.

As my pictures demonstrate, sorry I don't have any of the upstairs swimming pool, the room is immaculate. That is although not the feature of this wonderful place. The service was wonderful, the grounds beautiful and the restaurants are supreme and 5 star quality.

You can't go wrong with this resort. Don't take it from me take a look at all the other reviews!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iwillnotdoit2000
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 29 October 2011
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your comments, we are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We just returned from another wonderful vacation in PV! This trip we stayed at the Marival Residences and World Spa. This hotel is truly outstanding! The resort is lovely! The hotel rooms and service are exactly as others have described…..Amazingly Awesome!! Check in was us, sitting in the beautiful Wine Bar having a cold beer, as our check in was done for us by the Marival team! We stayed on the main floor, which had our own private pool you walked out to from our patio! We loved it! The 1 bedroom is huge! Neat, clean, well kept and everything you want and more. The kitchen had drinks and water supplied in the fridge! The second bathroom had a washer and dryer in an enclosed cupboard! They have large safety deposit boxes if you choose to bring a laptop, no problem. They provide wireless internet for a small fee. Also, important to us, this hotel is totally non-smoking! No stale smoke smell lingering in the rooms and furniture. So refreshing!

All the restaurants are excellent! Good variety of foods and friendly service. The restaurants are al a Carte, and it was nice to sit together and visit while our food was served. Anything you could think of wanting, just ask, they are very happy to help you!

The pool area is lovely! We were never without a drink or food, as Richardo and Wenceslao keep coming by with their smiling faces, asking what we might need! They were a lot of fun!

The Beach Club was our favourite spot, as we love the ocean! It has amazing loungers with thick cushions and huge fluffy towels waiting for you there! And lots of umbrellas! The ocean view is lovely! The beach club is set on the 3-mile long beach area in Nuevo Vallarta. If you enjoy walking in the ocean and evening sunsets, this is the place! We met Ernesto and Pacco here at the beach club! Two of the Marival’s best guys! :)) They provide drinks and a lunch menu at the beach, with brand name alcohols, canned beer and bottled water! The beach is a short golf cart ride (just a few minutes) away, or you can walk it easily. There is a gate out of the resort and in two short blocks you are on the beach. It is approximately a 5-minute beach walk to the Marival Residences Beach Club! For anyone into walking, you can walk on the beach all the way to Bucerias (a small fishing village) it is approximately a 2-hour walk.

We are definitely going back to the Marival Residences! We met the nicest people working there, whether you talked to the Tony at the lobby entrance or Idaly at the Marival Resort concierge where you stopped to ask for the golf cart back from the beach, everyone we met was happy and helpful. We talked to so many of the staff there that truly enjoy their jobs and this was really nice, we thought!

To Everyone at the Marival Residences a big THANK YOU! We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladywp
Dear Traveler: Just a short note to thank you for your review and please do visit us again soon!
Peace River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

This was our first family vacation to Mexico and I researched for several months. This hotel was well worth the money, the all inclusive also includes several excursions that are awesome and if you want you can upgrade some of them.
The service we received was amazing and the facility was so clean. Our room was spotless and when we requested to move from the 4th floor to a ground floor suite in front of the infinity pool it was 'not a problem'.
The food was fabulous, however; we learned the first night that if you have a big appetitie to ask for a double order. That was never a problem and the staff were always willing to accomodate.
Carlos the concierge is amazing and helped us with any questions or concerns that we had.
It did take us some time to figure out the tipping, but once we figured it out it was also well worth the service we received. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We found it quite dissapointing when we got home and everyone here is cranky and doesn't give good service at all.
We would definetly go back.

Room Tip: If you are not too worried about a view, get one of the ground floor residences in front of the infi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Grmpybr
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy our hotel met your expectations and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
Victoria BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

This hotel exceeded all expectations or wants that I had. My husband and I were there for 10 days late September till early October. It was very quiet (low season), very very clean, incredibly well kept and a true oasis. The food was outstanding, the suites were spectacular and the staff went above and beyond to help in any way they could. The concierge Maggie helped with all my silly questions, Ricardo was fantastic at the pool bar.....(no drinks ever got warm before he replaced them), and our favorite waiters, Micheal (breakfast) and Carlos ( supper time). Omar also ensured at all times that we were happy with everything, and last but not least, Reggie, the Public Relations Co-ordinator,

Now I know that people are going to read this review and think I am exaggerating my praises of this resort, but truly, there is NO where else I would ever go. Our 1 bedroom suite was huge with a washer and dryer in the 2nd bathroom....so next time we will take less luggage.
The weather was very hot during the day and amazing lightening storms at night.

I had no wants left out.....right down to not having to turn my own bed down in the nights,....we would arrive back from supper to the drapes being drawn, the bed turned down, the lamps on, little cookies on the bed and lastly a little floor mat on either side where you get out in the morning. True happiness!!!
One night for food, my husband had rack of lamb and it was the best lamb I have ever tasted and we eat out in gourmet restaurants often.
What more can I say.......pure bliss!!! I am counting the days till I go back and bring friends.
If you only take one vacation a year....this is the "must do" spot! I promise you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewfyGirl81
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your review, very much appreciated, we look forward to serving you again on your next visit!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

I went down to Marival for a quick three-night stay with a friend, and we couldn't have had a better time. The resort was empty (end of their off season) so we had the place to ourselves. The package we had put us up in the Penthouse room - gorgeous! Though we spent so little time in the room that we probably would have been quite happy with more modest accommodations.

Staff was super friendly and attentive, and not at all overbearing. We spent the majority of one day on a Vallarta Adventures snorkeling trip to Marietas, and the majority of another day on the all-inclusive zip lining tour. Since we weren't parked at the pool or beach non-stop for three days we didn't get to know the servers so I can't compliment a few as in many other reviews, but I can say everyone we came in contact with made our trip fantastic. Carlos the concierge did find us every day to check in and make sure we were having a great time. He and Maggie (the other concierge who helped us) were both wonderful.

The excursions we did were really fun if you're looking to do more than sit by the pool. Though don't be freaked out when you get dropped off at a gas station for the zip line trip. It seems sort of sketchy, but turned out to be a blast once we got in the truck and on the road. Take dramamine for the drive though!! The tour guides on both excursions were super friendly, and really worked it pretty hard to keep you entertained. You can tell they live off tips, and we were HAPPY to tip them well at the end of the day because we had such a great time.

We went to the spa for massages since it was also included in our package. Again, easy booking since it was pretty quiet. I mis-booked a 90 minute massage and only had time for a 60, and they changed it without any argument. Unfortunately the fire alarm went off a few times during my massage, but my therapist handled it professionally and everyone apologized profusely. And gave me 25% off. The spa facility is *beautiful*. We were short on time or else I could have easily spent a half day there in their sauna, hot tubs, lounges, etc. Fantastic waterfall showers in the bathroom! The massage wasn't the best I've ever had, but definitely very good.

Some of the other reviews on tripadvisor complain about having to take the golf cart to the beach. It didn't bother us at all. Sure, it would be great to stumble out of your room to the beach, but the shuttle takes literally 3 minutes and was always waiting when we wanted to go. The VIP beach is beautiful - lots of chairs and cabanas and the water is lovely. I guess if you are making multiple trips a day it would get old, but we didn't mind.

Overall I thought the food was good. Caveat - I'm a HUGE food snob, so I am probably overly picky. My friend loved everything she ate. We had a great time at the rooftop bar sampling all the tapas and watching the sun set! We went to the italian restaurant at the other property with a couple we went zip lining with and I didn't think it was great, but does anyone really go to Mexico to get a fantastic italian meal? I didn't. Everyone else really enjoyed their dinner, so again, I'm probably overly picky.

The only, and I mean ONLY thing I was less than delighted with was the shower head in our bathroom. It's mounted really high, so the water dissipates a lot to begin with, plus not a ton of water volume or pressure. I ended up washing my hair in our kitchen sink every day because it took forever to rinse the shampoo out in the shower. Certainly not the end of the world.

Oh Marival, I will be back soon.......

Room Tip: Travel tip - we booked the airport shuttle before our trip and were happy to have done so. The airpo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your detailed review, we are so happy you enjoyed you stay with us and we hope you visit us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were warmly greeted upon arrival at Marival Residences by Reggie where we were immediately offered a refreshing wet towel and Coronas as we checked in. Best check-in experience ever! Moises (Moi) took us to our room which was an amazing 1-bedroom penthouse suite.

Room: The 1-bedroom suite was huge with full kitchen, refrigerator stocked with an assortment of beverages, 2 full bathrooms, large bedroom, washer/dryer, huge balcony, and another balcony upstairs with the wonderful plunge pool. We had wonderful views of the bay and mountains from the balcony. As other reviewers have pointed out, the bed was quite hard so we requested a mattress topper and that made it much more comfortable. Housekeeping service was wonderful and our room was immaculately cleaned each day.

Beach: We arrived early enough to have time to go to the beach that afternoon. I was initially concerned with Marival Residences not being directly on the beach – but the 5-minute shuttle ride over to the Resorts and nice VIP beach area made up for it. Service was great at the VIP beach area and there were plenty of chairs available. Shuttles are very frequent, so no long wait to go back and forth.

Excursions: We took advantage of 2 excursions during our stay – the Dolphin encounter and canopy zip-line tour. The Dolphin encounter was OK – it did not include actually swimming with the dolphins but an upgrade was available at an extra cost (I would definitely spend the extra money next time). The zip line tour was just amazing and so much fun! After being dropped off at a nearby Oxxo convenience store, the zip line company guys picked us up for the long bumpy ride up the mountain to the zip line area. The ride up the mountain was an excursion itself with beautiful scenery. There were about 14 zip lines and we had such a blast! This was the first time I have done zip lines and our tour guides were so much fun. I highly recommend this excursion.

Pool: the pool was beautiful and there were plenty of chairs available. Ricardo definitely took care of us at the pool! Our glasses were never empty. At no time did we feel obligated to tip – we did tip the pool and restaurant servers most of the time because we genuinely appreciated their efforts to attend to everyone – and service was wonderful either way. This resort is pretty low-key – definitely not a huge party scene with loud music and people all over the place. This was exactly the relaxing atmosphere that my husband and I were looking for!

Food: food was very good and I enjoyed being able to order off a menu. I loved the freshly pressed corn tortilla tacos for breakfast and dinner. The rooftop restaurant and bar offered small plates-style food, everything we tried was wonderful. All the restaurants offered a nice variety of food. We went next door to Nicsan for Japanese (on Reggie’s recommendation) and it was outstanding and reasonably priced for the quality of food.

Spa: I had a spa certificate so used that for a manicure and eye service, which were wonderful. I didn’t have any additional services but looked at the spa brochure. The prices seemed pretty reasonable for the quality of the spa and I will definitely spend more time here next time!

Miscellaneous: there is an ATM at the resort that gives only dollars. The front desk can exchange for pesos but they will request your passport to make the exchange. Although the exchange rate is not the best, there is no fee.

Overall: This resort exceeded my expectations for an all-inclusive, the perfect place to unwind and relax and be pampered! The atmosphere and accommodations were top-notch. Although I like to practice my Spanish when in Mexico, most hotel staff speak excellent English so communication was no problem at all. I cannot overstate how incredibly warm and genuine the hospitality was - we were always greeted by name and with a smile throughout the resort. A special thanks goes to Reggie, Moi, and Ricardo for their impeccable service. The Marival Residences staff sets the standard for professional service and hospitality. We will be back!

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms have a great view of the water and mountains
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 826TexasTravelGirl
Dear Traveler: We appreciate your review very much, it is always nice to see our guest enjoy their vacation experience at our resort. Please do visit us again soon!
San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We just returned from a family vacation and stayed at the Marival Residences and Spa Resort. We had a party of 6 (4 adults and 2 kids) First, let me start by saying the resort is BEAUTIFUL. You feel that you are at a Luxury 5 Star Resort and they treat you that way as well. We decided to travel here because of it's ranking on Trip Advisor and that we needed a 2 bedroom for 6 of us and the rooms were over 2300 Sq Ft. We didn't feel crammed, and even though the resort doesn't sit right on the beach, if you request a room on the 4th or higher floor, you will have an ocean view. 2 negatives in regards to the room, were that the beds are very FIRM and there is NO blackout shade in the living room area where the pull out couch is. So, with the kids on the couch, they were getting up when the sun was up. We should've asked for a foam topper for our bed, we asked for one on the kids bed and they had one for them. In regards to the resort, I wish we would've utilized the facilities at the sister resort (Marival Suites) more, simply because we were not made aware of them until the end. If we had been told about what was available to us by the check in staff, that would have helped. There are 3 places you can get food, but really only one true "restaurant". HOWEVER, you do have access to the restaurants at their sister resort for variety. The food was good, but I wouldn't say it's the best I've had at an all-inclusive. The Italian Restaurant at the other resort was one of our best meals, but, make a reservation. They did not like the fact that we just showed up there one night without a reservation, even though there was plenty of seating (they went ahead and sat us, anyways...)
We had 2 kids traveling with us ages 9 and 6. They loved it, but this resort doesn't have slides in the pool or anything for them in that regard...again, that was all at the sister resort. I feel that this resort caters more to the adults and having a very peaceful, relaxing experience...which we did! And although kids are welcome here and there is a kid's club, there were only 2 or 3 other kids there the whole week. We took the kids to the Dolphin Encouter one day and the Sea Lion Encounter another day. This was all included (you just have to pay for the taxi ride there, which was less than $7 each way).
We would go back in a heart beat, and next time would take advantage of ALL that is available to us at the other resort as well. I would have given it 4.5 stars if it was there, but I do feel even with the negative things I wrote, it was above a 4 star ranking. Hope this review helps someone!

Room Tip: Most rooms 4th floor and higher have an ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank flowers0521
Dear Traveler: Just a short note to thank you so much for your wonderful review, we can wait for you to come back, it will be a pleasure to serve you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,618 reviews

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!