This resort is best described with the word "Quality"; next "Luxury". It's a must experience to really appreciate what people are saying in their reviews. After staying at the Residences, it will be hard to go back to a regular resort. We met many people who were repeat guests. I will mention a few fabulous items:
Service: every staff member gives their 100% and there is an abundance of staff
Food: luxury gourmet food, let's just say, we held off on drinking too much to save room in our stomachs for the food. Also drinks are served in glasses and not plastic cups
Rooms: Huge and have everything you need, else just call room service and ask for it.
DRINKS: excellent variety and quality
BEACH CLUB: amazing, it will be hard to stay at resort without a beach club now, food and drink were top notch. Actually I loved their food menu here, its gourmet too. We also asked for a bowl of regular potato chips and they were happy to please.
Some inclusive tours were great and other not sure why they include them at all. The tours through Vallarta Adventures are top notch! Especially the Sea Lion Adventure.
However the Canopy/Zip line tour included by the resort is not good. After zip lining in Costa Rica and then doing to Vallarta Adventure Outdoor Adventure tour, I'm not sure if the one included is all that safe (careful where you place your finger, you may open the only clip that attaches you to the line..). It also wastes a lot of time at the beginning, commuting back and forth to the city before finally heading up the mountain. And then once completing your tour, you are hungry and want to go back to the resort to eat and drink but they keep you an extra 2 hours, for you to eat there (and pay) and then go on a tequila tour/tasting before heading down the mountain and them conveniently dropping everyone off at the resort. If you can drop everyone off at the resort, why do we need to take individual taxis to a gas station so everyone has to pay, to then head to the city, wait for a staff member and then head back towards the resort before heading up the mountain. What a waste of time. This brings me to the taxi issue.
There has to be a smart & convenient way to coordinate all these taxis to the tours. The concierge desk at the Residence organizes most of the tours (included and non included) for you and hence why can't they organize the taxis? Most of the taxis say "Marival" on the side of them, so if the resort owns these taxis, why can't they coordinate them so to save us money (i.e. share taxis), or else include them in the tours aswell... And when you get into the taxi, each driver says a different price for the same location (and when you do share a taxi, the driver still expect full price from everyone...). I really wish Mexico would make installing meters mandatory so tourist don't feel like they are always being taken.
Many of these issues are minor and revolve around the waiting times for tours to start and taxi issues.
Marival Residence itself is a fabulous place and we may take the whole family next time (kids & grandparents). Hope to see you there sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico