Marival Residences Luxury Resort
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$672
US$655
US$598
US$185
US$264
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$347
US$336
US$407
US$135
  • Beachfront
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$126
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$285
Barcelo.com
Hotels.com
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,388 results
All reviewsbeach clubworld spalemmon grasssister propertydemi poolomaggio restaurantresidence guestsinsu sky loungeshort golf cart ridesea lionsvip arearooftop barbeach accessbedroom penthousefull kitchenprivate poolchief concierge
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The resort amenities and staff were amazing. I have never been treated so well and pampered so much. Our concierge, Carlos arranged all of our wonderful excursions. Everything was made easy and enjoyable. To swim with the sea lions AND the dolphins in one vacation trip was a dream come true. The best part was that they were included PLUS even more excursions like zip lines, sailing cruises and more for no extra cost! The suite we stayed in was an incredible 1,600 sq ft of luxury. I didn't want to come home! All of the staff were so genuinely nice, thoughtful, funny, entertaining and kind. True customer service at a level you have never experienced! The food was delicious, diverse and fresh. I wanted for nothing at Marival. All my needs were met and I didn't even have to think about asking for anything. Someone was always there taking care of me. I plan to go again and stay twice as long as last time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The Marival is the best location I have ever vacationed at. The food, service, and the all around environment makes it a beautiful, amazing place to stay and enjoy a vacation. The staff does nothing but make your experience better by waiting on you hand and foot. The food in delicious, and the variety of choices makes the experience more exciting. And nothing is better than going to the beach and receiving amazing customer service and delicious food. An excellent rating doesn't even describe the quality you will get at the Marival

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bobby S
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I returned last week from an 11 day stay and are already trying to book a return trip. This was by far the best all-inclusive resort we have stayed at! We are still talking about our vacation and the phrase that comes up most is "unbelievable" and it truely was just that. I have decided to break this review up into sections so I don't miss anything.

Front Desk/Concierge: From the time we arrived to the time we left just perfect. I loved the check in process. We were lead to the Brunelo Wine Bar and seated at a table outside overlooking the pool and grounds. They took our drink order and began checking us in. We booked a one bedroom ocean view. Upon being taken to our room we discovered that they had put us in a two bedroom unit! The room was expained to us and our luggage was set up for us.

Room: Awesome! We were on the fourth floor and had a great view of the ocean. The rooms, or should I say residences, were beautiful and spacious. The balcony was huge and it was so nice to just out on it. It was so clean and comfortable. I would recommend getting the mattress topper right away. I thought people were over exaggerating the firmness of the beds but they are hard! Once the topper was put on the bed was fine. The fridge can be stocked with what ever you would like, just talk to the concierge. Maid service was twice a day and always perfect. It will be hard to travel elsewhere to a "normal" resort room for sure.

Restaurants and bars: I will start will saying the food was beyond good! The word is UNBELIEVABLE! My husband and I kept saying that we could not believe that this was all-inclusive dining. I think what stood out to me the most was the amount of choices available everytime you sat down for a meal.
Insu, the rooftop bar and tapas place was amazing. I think there were over 40 tapas on their menu. My husband and I tried our best to get through all of them and never had a single item that was not delicious! Some nights we would make a dinner out of it, others we would have a couple tapas before dinner. It's worth a trip up there in the evenings to watch the sunset. It's magnificent! There is an infinity pool up there that you can swim in during the day (never got around to doing this). On the weekends they have a DJ playing music from 10:00-1:00. That is pretty much the extent of the nightlife. Depending on the people some would dance or make it a little more happening some nights.
Lemmon Grass was a great place to get out of the sun and have a nice lunch or they would bring it to your lounger poolside. Once again, the menu was extensive. A little bit of everything for any appetite. I enjoyed every meal I had there! They served dinner almost every night that we were there. The menu changed every single night with usually a fish, chicken, beef, and vegetarian option. We never ended up eating there for dinner but we checked out the menus and they look great!
Ommagio served breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. My husband and I do not like to eat big breakfasts, so I can not comment on that menu. We were also perfectly content with Lemmon Grass for lunch so never dined at Ommagio for lunch. We did eat dinner quite a few times at Ommagio and it was wonderful. In addition to there set menu, they had theme nights with entirely different menus. Some of them were: Mexican night (loved it), Italian night (awesome), Shrimp night (yummy), Prime Rib night (husband said it was great), just to name a couple. We dined on the patio and it really was lovely. There are trees and bushes with tiny lights all over the resort that you can look out over while sitting out there.
Brunello Wine Bar was a great place to grab a drink after dinner. You could sit inside or out on the patio. Both were a very nice setting. The house wine was the best I have ever had at an all-inclusive. They had a Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and a Merlot that were actually drinkable!! Now, this is not Napa Valley quality stuff, but it will get the job done. Also, I was very surprised to find out that their fruity tropical drinks were made with real fruit! I usually stay away from those types of drinks because they are made with a sugar syrup, but here they were really good!
**Overall impression of the food and drinks was that I was blown away at the quality. You will not believe you are eating all-inclusive food. It was simply amazing!! One of the main reasons we want to go back is because of the food and drinks.

Pool and Grounds: Beautiful and clean are the two words that come to mind. I really loved this pool area. We never ever had a problem getting a seat where we wanted one. There is plenty of shade if needed. The pool was the perfect temperature and totally refreshing. During the 11 days that we were there, it went from really quiet during the weekdays to busy on the weekends. It seemed that many families came in the weekends for a short vacation. That being said, you could always find a quiet calm area to relax if needed. Looking around the resort, everything is so well kept and green! My husband and I were joking that we could not find one dead leaf or blade of grass anywhere! Also, the public pool bathrooms were extremely clean. The floor was never wet even with people going in and out of the pool. Someone was always in there cleaning them.
*There is no swimup bar at the pool. I really liked that fact. The servers would bring you as many drinks as you wanted while in the pool, but I think not having the swimup bar made it more peaceful with less drunks just sitting there pounding drink after drink.

Beach Club: Loved it! It was so nice to have our own little private area on the beach with comfy loungers and stellar service. The lunch menu was fantastic and completely different than the ones at the Residences. The shrimp ceviche was great. The beach is beautiful and you can walk for miles in either direction. It takes 2 minutes by golf cart or 10 minutes walking to get to the beach club. We chose to walk most times. The first time we took the golf cart and you have to walk through the sister property to get to the beach club. It was a Friday and that resort was crazy packed! It was a circus and not our kind of place. For those of you thinking that you are getting 2 resorts for the price of one, think again. Almost all the people we talked with agreed with this point of view and did not use the sister property at all. I knew this going in, so I was not disappointed. If you stay at the Residences you will be so satisfied that you will not need to go over to the other property!!

Service: The best of all time! Every single member of the staff is great. They all treat you so wonderfully that I have zero complaints. I liked the fact that I never had to ask for anything, it just got done. We loved Ricardo and Wens at the pool. They always had a smile on their face and brought us drinks without even asking! All the waiters in the restaurants were awesome. They would bring us a bottle of wine with dinner and take great care of us while we dined. No one was overbearing or in your face. I have been telling everyone it was just the right amount of attention.

Ok, I think this is way long enough but I wanted to share with everyone what a great resort this is. We spoke with many people that were on their third or fourth trip here. I think that says alot about a place when people return time and time again. And now my husband and I plan on returning. It did not bother us that the resort was not ocean front. We had a lovely view of the beach from our room and also from Insu. You can walk out the back gate and be on the beach in 5 minutes. Another 5 and you are at the beach club. Don't let that fact deter you from visiting this truely unbelievable resort! I can not wait to return to the Residences! If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them!

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean view. Even though this resort is not directly on the ocean, having a view from your room makes it feel like it is!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank cancunkitty
Reviewed 2 June 2012

IT WAS FANTASTIC!! I have been to many all-inclusives. This place was the best. The food was superb; the service excellente!

The resort is relatively small, about 65 apartments. Because of this, it never felt crowded. You could always get a deck chair or a spot in a restaurant. There was no cheesy entertainment - just some very sedate bands/musicians. And I want to stress that the food was the best I have ever had in a resort.

The apartment was huge, about 1000 sq ft. We had 2 bathrooms, separate bedroom and a kitchen, dining room and living room.

It did not bother me at all that we were not on the beach. The beach access was all of 2 minutes away via an exit at the back of the hotel grounds. Out "privileged place", as one lady called it, at the Marival Resort was a mere 10 minute beach walk, or a 2 minute golf cart ride away. It is a roped off area on the beach where only people staying at the Residence can go. It has the same great food and service.

We did have two issues. We didn't have any real hot water and no armchairs on the balcony (everyone else had them). We complained several times at the front desk to no avail. We then went to the chief concierge, Carlos. Immediately we got our chairs and hot water. It seemed like some valve had to be turned on in the utility room. We were also sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in apology.

A word about Marival Resort. Ugh. It is your typical, crowded resort. They had no champagne. The mixed drinks were awful, as was the white wine. We did go for dinner there at the Pergola (reservations required) and it was cafeteria food. After that we only ate at the Residences.

We were a bit further from Puerto Vallarta than we thought, about a 20-30 min. cab ride. Next time I would consider staying in PV at a hotel with a pool and eat out. The food and booze in town was relatively cheap. Can't beat $1.00 margaritas!

Many tours were also included. We did the Zipline, The Snorkelling & Yelpa, the Sunset Sail and we did part of the City Tour for orientation and then left it to enjoy PV on our own. On both the snorkelling and sunset cruise we spotted whales. On the Sunset cruise, the whales were so close I got blowhole spray on my face. The baby leapt out of the water 3 times. It was breathtaking! The ocean was very cold, even with a wetsuit, about 62 degrees.
I would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeminiDream
Reviewed 31 May 2012

As a business traveler myself, I have stayed in many 4 and 5 class hotels and resorts around the world, Marival Residences & World Spa is the best place I ever stayed. The room is like a penthouse suite with phenomenal view. The food is upscale fine dining unlike other resorts, and the staff are SUPER AMAZING and friendly. I personally rate the hotel based on cleanliness and I must say i would give them 10/10 for cleanliness throughout the WHOLE entire resort including the pool and public washroom. The staff made me feel like home away from home. Much love for this resort! Definitely will go back again! Did i mentioned all the free excursions that was included?

Room Tip: No matter which room you'll get --- it will be great! =0)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends