This review may seem harsh in some ways. This is a great resort, and if you visit you'll undoubtedly have a good time. My only hesitation in recommending it is that it's simply not as good as some other high-end all-inclusives in Mexico. In other words, I'm spoiled rotten.
The High Points:
- Fantastic rooms, very firm beds a plus for me (too firm for others?)
- Some of the food was absolutely top-class, including the 'Napoleon Tomatoes' which is one of the tastiest appetizers I've ever enjoyed. Oh, and the lasagna on Italian Night was the best I've ever had. Sorry mom.
- Plenty of room at the pool.
- Beach Club not really a major hassle to get to, and you are very well taken care of once there.
- Sky Bar perfect for watching the sun go down over a tasty morsel or three.
- Lowest-pressure timeshare sale in Mexican history.
- Spa is AMAZING, but very expensive.
- A surcharge for internet on a $5,000 vacation? That's ridiculous. And the service is intermittent.
- Inconsistency of food - ranging from completely inedible (supposedly the Catch of the Day... they didn't specify which day...) to truly sensational.
- Ok, who wants a toilet with a glass door? Really? The family that pees together, stays together? This is just plain weird.
- Pool is shallow, and not really much good for anything except keeping kids busy. Which I guess is 90% of why it's there.
- Don't even think about going for food at the other resort unless you're at the beach club. Even the 'upscale' place was bland and tasteless.
- Last three days of trip apparently coincided with something called 'Spring Break'. I would rather eat boiled rat than ever have to see this many spoiled teenagers in one place again. (Not the resort's fault, of course!)
In conclusion, I've been to three other comparable resorts - and each was more consistent, prettier, a little more welcoming and felt more... well, like a vacation. This resort could be anywhere and you wouldn't know the difference.
Like I said, I'm spoiled. But I'll take Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay or Royal Hideaway Playacar over this any day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico