Lots of excellent reviews already. Will try and keep this short. Went with wife, 2 year old, 8 month old and my mom (grandma). Only 6 floors to the resort -- we chose "pool view" which meant 2nd floor. Ocean view would put you on the higher floors. Stroller friendly with elevator.
Relatively small resort so great for those who like their privacy. Three a la carte restaurants ONLY. No buffet. No reservations necessary. Found that we did not have to wait for a table during any meal. Room service is available with an automatic 10% service charge (we also noticed that the prices in the room service menu was slightly higher than in the restaurants -- but if you're staying at this resort, you won't care). Food was better than I expected. Being from Canada, I enjoyed the Mexican dishes that I wouldn't necessary find here. Just a heads up -- after every meal at the a la carte, you will get a tab with a theoretical amount that you ate and then there'll be a spot for tipping. I have to admit, it made for many awkward moments as I'm used to tipping but having paid for the all-inclusive package, I was informed (after double-checking with the concierge) that our all-inclusive rate included tipping. We did end up tipping sometimes if we felt we had exceptional service but most of the time, we did not tip. Don't feel like tipping is mandatory, because it's not.
If you want to save a little bit of money, bring your own detergent because there is an ensuite washer and dryer. You can always purchase a pack of detergent in the hotel lobby shop for about $3 USD.
No beach on the premise but quick shuttle ride to a sister resort to use a reserved private portion of the beach. Beach service was nice. Kids had a good time building sand-castles. If you don't want to go to the beach, there's a walk-in swimming pool in the resort which my 2 year old enjoyed. Playground was a little lame but still occupied by 2 year old for 5-10 minutes.
Overall, very nice trip. We will probably explore other resorts but I would have no qualms coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico