Just got back from NPV from a 6 day stay at the Marival Residence Resort with my with and 16 year old teenager. This is a great hotel with pros and cons that are listed below.
1. Outstanding service by the personnel.
2. Has 3 restaurant on site with excellent cuisine. If you are a discerning eater like I am and abhore the feed the cattle attitude of most All-inclusive resorts, then you will enjoy your stay here.
The food is the best part of this hotel in my opinion. You can in addition, opt to visit the suites part of the hotel and restaurants, but requires a reservation, in 6 days we did not feel the urge to try the additonal restaurants. There is a breakfast and lunch outdoor buffet from Thrusday through Sunday.
3. The Spa is second to none.
4. Rooms and Resort are extemely well kept and clean. I was expecting a large room but what were pleasantly surprise by the size of the rooms. In reality they are full apartments. We had what appeared to be a 2 bedroom condo, with a full balcony. Great accomodations.
1. For a hotel of this class I was disappointed that it did not have a business center in the residence portion of the resort. Wi-Fi access is close to 15 dollars a day. I have been to places in India with a 1/3 of the infractructure of Mexico and they provide free WI-FI access at least on a limited basis in the lobby or business area. So, I find it disturbing in this day and age that this resort will not provide some limited access to the internet and find the prices they charge for access obcene.
If you need infrequent access to wi-fi, I recommend their Bistro (named "D") next to the hotel where you can spend the money on wine and gain access to their network for free, better yet find a Starbucks, they are all over in PV.
2. They try to get you on a sales tour (time shares) of their resort. I did not attend the presentation since I have been a victim of wasting my time on those in the past, but the continous request to attend gets annoying after a while. They do promise some goodies, that may appeal to some, I was not interested.
3. Ther is no direct beach access. To go to the beach area you need to catch a golf cart ride to the suites side of the resort where there is a VIP section for guest of the "residence" side of the resort. I must say that the food and service is exceptional as well in the VIP section.
In conclusion, the only reason I did not rate this hote a 5 whas for the con's listed above. Overall, I would return and recommend this hotel. Great service, great food and excellent location. It is as close to perfect as you can get, but it needs to address the issues above, for me to give it a full 5 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico