I have never seen such a beautiful room...'cos they are not rooms, they are apartments! 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, 2 separate prep. rooms! Amazing! My best friend and I booked at the Marival Resort & suites but when qe got there, it was in the middle of the national vacations. So lots of locals (no problem there) with lots of kids! (There is a problem when 2 single girls are travelling without kids).
As we arrived, we also noticed the lack of shade on the beach. Not a lot of palm trees, a few umbrellas and not that many chairs either.
Our 1st room at the Resort & suites was facing the center pool with the animation and kids, kids and more kids screeming.
So we asked the young lady at the front desk of the "CLUB" lobby if anything else was available. Nothing on site was. But...she said a "suite" would be at the Marival Residence Luxury...for no extra charge. But...this place as no direct access to the beach. We would have to take a shuttle from the Marival Luxury to the Marival Suites and get access to the "private" part of the beach with personnal service to our chairs, reserved to the Luxury members.. (Hummm....it took us about 2 seconds to decide!)
So we repacked our suitcases and took the shuttle for the Luxury.
Well...that was the best move we ever did.
First: the check in is not done at the front desk. They take you in the bar, offer you a drink and then someone comes to meet you. Sitting down, explaining all the access, privileges you get from the Marival Residences Luxury resort. They try to get you to go to meetings presenting the available condos on sale.
You don't need to reserved at restaurants for dinner. They're is always food available somewhere and let me tell you, its good food. Not those meaningless grilled cheeses.. An "à la carte" menu all the time. Bar, restaurants or pool restaurant (lemon grass) you will eat well.
Food is great no mather where you stay. We tried the restaurant at the marival resort and suite, and it ot a buffet either. À la carte menu for lunch, salad bar and dessert bar.
but when you have access to the private part of the beach, the menu you'll find is even superior then what you are used to at the beach. Try the schrimp cocktail, the coconut ceviche and all the sea food you can get. The rest is very salty so stick with the sea food.
On that section, Francesco is amazing. I would almost call him a concierge more then a waiter, He's that good.
The suttle between the resort is very efficient...every 10 to 15 minutes.
We went from aug 7th to aug 14th. It was 33 degrees + humidity = 43-44 degrees. WAY TOO HOT !!! Be aware, the sun is very intense from 5 to 7 o'oclock at night!!! I got sun burn on my first night, while in the pool try to cool down from my travelling.
To our surprise, it's very slow in the morning.You can get breakfast early but nothing else is happening on the resorts. Nothing before 11 am.
No bars, no chair services...so no need to rush!
You are on the pacific side of the country. The ocean it vigourous. Waves coming in strongly to the shore. it Took me a fes day to realize I had to get over the waves (deeper in the sea) to get some calmer waves and cooler temperature.
It's not the Carabean sea, you wont see you toes once you are in the water!!! Sand and see weeds cover your body. I had to walk almost 50 feet into the ocean to get clear water but still could not see my toes ;)
At this time of year, water must of been 90 degrees. It was very very warm.Not refreshing.
Very kind, polite, slow. They are on the mexican beat as they say. It takes time to get whatever you asked for.
The concierges are great. Lobby, pool (good words for the pool concierge Lucio, Indiana Jones white hat, standing by the pool from 10 am to 7 pm at the Luxury residences. He is all eyes on whats happening, very customer oriented and always available to please you.
It is expensive...60$ for 1 device, for 7 days. If you don't take it on a daily basis, it's even worst if i remember correctly.
Well...i might repeat myself but....it was great! One gigantic bed (king size), private room, closed doors for bathrooms and showers. Washer, dryer, kitchen, appliances, room service (10% extra).
Ths signing of every food order. When ever there is food, you will have to sign a "receipt" or invoice. It's for accounting purposes, you will not be charge but it gets a bit annoying. You feel pressured to leave some tips, when they dont even give you a great service. Maybe its just me, it made me unconfortable many times.
If you want some, you need to go out. Nothing is happening at the Luxury. Get the shuttle, go see the show at 9:30 pm at the Theater of the Residence & suite. Every night, there is a theme (Italian, Mediterraneen, Tex Mex, Disco...) you will know if you ask. We never knew since we ate at Insu or by the pools at the Residences every night. Our last night, we went to the italian restaurant (that was great food!). When we decided to get a last drink at the bar of the "Club" side, we found out all the action the after show was bringing.
Nice and fun, very family oriented. Cute.
Some people were taking a taxi to the city and would have dinner in the city. I did not go. Apparently, 15 minutes and 15$ for the cab ride. Great restaurants and clubs, not expensive.
Lots of vendors; jewelry, hats, sunglasses, dresses, hairdos and "quality junk". This Gustavo guy sales you his statues as "more junk" and "quality junk". He is hilarius and fun to chat with. Most of them are nice and polite. When you tell them "No thanks" they respect you're decision.
Go to the indoor restaurant. This is where you will find the best choices. The other ones are limited. Insu on the rooftop is an amazing view but the food not hot and not so great. it depends what kind of breakfast you like.
They are at the beach, at the pool, on every chair. Very nice.
Pools at the Residences & Luxury
There is a "sun's cream kart" by the bar. It's the first time i see this. All king of sun block you can use.You go, take some cream or spray yourself and go back to your business!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico