I took my mother to Marival Resort & Suites for her 58th birthday. I emailed back and forth with Mariette at Marival several times to request she makes this trip extra special for my mother. I was so impressed when we arrived at Marival, from the time we were checking in, Mariette was there with staff, balloons, confetti, and whistles to welcome and wish my mother a happy birthday. It was amazing. The Animation Staff escorted us to our upgraded, beach front room. Upon entering, the Animation Staff was so excited because they had decorated our entire beautiful room with streamers, confetti, and banners. They had already made the trip special, but the exceptional service continued. We eventually went to the Grand pool where they spotted my mother and sang to her and also put a cake in her face!! So much fun. The Animation Staff alone will make anyones trip memorable. We became close to some of the staff while there. Carlos, Roberto, Paco, David, and Kyla some of the few. If you are looking for a great bartender, talk to Hugo. He took amazing care of us and made some of the best drinks. Now onto the details of the resort. I had done weeks of research before finally deciding on Marival. I was extremely pleased with my choice. The rooms were adorable, beds were comfy contrary to some reviews that had originally worried me. We slept great, showers are great and staff keeps it clean and stocked. The resort is very nice. I believe 4 restaurants to choose from, except the steak house was closed due to weather while we were there. 5 nights stay allows you to book 2 meals in the restaurants. The staff went ahead and let us do 3. My first and favorite was the Mexican restaurant. I had the beef tenderloin I believe w raspberry sauce.. amazing. Not everything on the menu is traditional Mexican. Also be sure at the end of the meal to order the coffee drinks. The flaming presentation is stunning. It is free drinks, fabulous appetizers apiece, entrees, and dessert. Next we went to the Italian. Also fantastic. They insisted on great tequila shots before and after dessert to ensure mom and I were havin a great time which we were anyway. The other restaurant we chose was the Mediterranean. I had the Steak and Prawns. Also very nice but not my favorite. Still all included. We really enjoy eating and the food at Marival honestly for all-inclusive could not be better. We ate at the buffet everyday at least twice and the presentation and food was delicious. You can make you own sandwiches, enjoy the different choices of seafood, or whatever. The food changes everynight so you don't get bored.
Now onto the pools, the Lazy quiet pool is where we spent most of our time. There is a swim up bar, but mostly we visited Hugo in the snack bar for Modelo and tequila. Grand pool is a little crazy at times, and I was called on to learn salsa a few times so got embarassed and stuck to the lazy pool most of the time. All nice and kept very clean. The beach, It was a nice, beach, you can rent kayaks, or snorkeling equipment but we did not. Water was a little dirty while we were there because of the rain, but still a lovely beach with lots of loungers at anytime of day. My one complaint of the beach was that the tent workers were constantly taking turns coming up and trying to sell us things. We would tell one no, just to be asked by a next person down the way. Not that big of a deal, pools were cozy and closer to bar anyway.
Make sure you take full advantage of watching the Animation staff in the shows each night. Especially when you get to know them as friends it makes the experience much more enjoyable. There wasnt a time when Paco or Carlos or Roberto weren't giving us hugs or saying hello and having fun with us. The shows were very entertaining and we also had readily available tequila. The staff also offers to take you to clubs in downtown if your interested, we declined, but I wish we would've checked it out. The Discoteque on the resort was fun as well. Not many people there but good to hear some fun music.
I had originally been concerned with safety in Mexico, but mom and I had the chance to rent bikes from the resort which I highly recommend and could not have felt safer. We rode to downtown Nuevo Vallarta and checked out the shopping. Fun and easy to do. We also booked through the resort Rhythm of the Nights for a boat ride and dinner and a show on a separate island. The cab ride was 4 dollars and the resort set everything up with no problem. Mariette was there every step of the way if we had any questions. The show was unreal, funny, amazing dancing... check it out. Dinner was a nice buffet with a candlelit table about 5 feet off the water.
Overall, our trip at Marival was ideal. Mom says it was her best trip ever thanks to mostly the staff, Mariette was wonderful. Definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a little mix of family and adult fun. Food and drinks in the restaurants is worth it. Be careful with the people in the main lobby during the day who try and get you to become members of the resorts, we just wanted to enjoy the time we had and just needed to make it clear to the workers. Not a big deal, but be prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites