My family and I visited this property from June 24-July 1 for their restaurants, beach and nightly entertainment. This resort was very clean and for the most part had very helpful and friendly staff. Prior to our arrival I had contacted the hotel with a few questions/concerns about the restaurant reservations/room layouts and I got immediate responses from Christian Salazar and Chantal Ayala Barragan. Both of these individuals were extremely helpful and answered all of my questions and concerns.
POOLS-There were a variety of pools at this resort, my youngest loved the kiddie pool (1-3 feet) with the slides and water fountains. We also spent a few days at the main pool, which was right next to the kiddie area. The kiddie area has limited pool chairs, so unless you get there early, be prepared to stand in the water with your child. Please pay attention to the depth of the water in the various pools. There's one pool that starts at 4 feet and drops off into 5'9, so please be careful and pay attention. There is also an adult only pool, which seemed to be very quiet and relaxing.
RESTAURANTS- We had the pleasure of enjoying breakfast and a mid day snack at La Pergola. The midday snack (we ordered off the menu) was very delicious and service was pretty good. The Piazzeta dei Forni (brick oven pizza) was tasty as well. Cheese pizza seemed to be very popular and was in constant demand but we managed to get 4 slices. Right next to this pizza stand you can get hamburgers, nachos, french fries and hotdogs.This was good for a mid day or late at night snack. We were also able to reserve at Amallfi and Las Palomas. To say the food at Amalfi was good would be an understatement. This food was down right delicious and service was phenomenal. We had reservations on June 26th at 6:30. The phenomenal service started the moment we walked through the door and didn't end until we exited. As I stated before, the food did not disappoint us. The bread basket was unlike one we had ever seen in the states. We ordered spaghetti and meatballs for the youngest kids, my husband ordered steak and my oldest son and I ordered the lasagna. Not a single problem with the quality or taste of the food….absolutely delicious!!! The food was so great here that we made reservations again for Monday June 30th at 7:30. The manager remembered us the minute we walked in the door and said "glad you came back to join us". We had reservations for Las Palomas on June 28th at 6:30. The reception upon entering wasn't' as welcoming but the service from the waiters was fantastic. We ordered tostados, shrimp/chicken in a hard tortilla, chicken wings for the youngest and my husband had a beef dish. The food here was delicious too and I enjoyed watching our waiter make fresh guacamole for our table. Both of these ala carte restaurants deserve a visit.
BEACH- beautiful beach area, no rocks, plenty of beach chairs and you can even sign out a boogie board for one hour from the activity desk. There are vendors walking up and down the beach but a simple "no gracias" did the trick. The waves were strong on the last day we were there, so please pay attention to the colored flags.
THEATRE- we attended all of the nightly shows (9:00) and enjoyed every single show. The Michael Jackson Experience, battle of the sexes and A Toy's Dream were our favorites. I'm glad the battle of the sexes show was family friendly. All of the shows were family friendly and appropriate for children. The theatre is not air conditioned but it is covered and you can order drinks from the bar. The animation staff also hosted events in the main lobby around 10:30 but we never stayed for any of those.
KIDS CLUB- the young lady who was there on Wednesday June 25th around 9:30 a.m was extremely rude. She needs a refresher course on how to talk to people. I let my kids stay for 20 - 25 mins and then went back to pick them up. This kids club was not a big hit for my kids, they stated that the young lady never really talked to them. The young man who was there that day at the same time was much friendlier.
ROOMS- I can't comment to much on the rooms because we were guests of the Marival Residences and World Spa.
SERVICE- most of the staff that we encountered were very friendly and extremely helpful. There were a few that definitely need to take a refresher class.
Overall, I think this was a good resort and would stay here in the future. Hopefully management reads this review and takes notes about the few unfriendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites