My family and I stayed here as a party of 12 in July 2014. The hotel is a bit dated and the time share people are certainly pesky enough to make you want to stay somewhere else. I understand their job is to sell, but after enough no's they should just give up.
First the buffet. We ate several times at the buffet for all three meals. The lack of variety of food was a put off and everything was either a loaf or prepared in some sort of casserole or stew for the most part. It was only after we discovered that the Greek restaurant served breakfast that the food got better for that meal. I will have to say this was the most disappointing part of the hotel.
We also ate dinners and a few breakfasts at the "sit down" restaurants and I will have to say that the food there was much better (although stay away from any of the "steaks"). We did not have one bad meal in any of the three choices. Our favorite was the italian place and I recommend the ossobuco if you are into that. They also have great desserts. If you go to the italian place, Jose took care of us and our kids.
The pools were great and well kept. The swim up bars were perfect and the fact we had a ocean view first floor walkout to the pool bar on the south side of the property made it great to grab a drink and also to grab seats under the umbrellas in the morning.
The beach was very nice and although the first few days the water was "dirty" from the river runoff up the beach, it was shallow enough for a great time for the kids. I only wish they would have let us use the paddle boards and kayaks. I am not sure why but every day we tried to check one out they said we could not use them because of the conditions with no other explanation. The seas were very calm and we could not figure this one out.
We had a two bedroom ocean view with a first floor walk out which was absolutely perfect for us. My kids could take a break from the sun and jump easily into the room during the day while the adults stayed at the pool or beach. The AC was super cool and was great to get out of the humidity of the day. I do wish they would stock more bottled water, you had to call every hour or so to get a maximum of six tiny bottles sent up. I have been at other resorts that have a 3-5 gallon fresh water cooler in the rooms and that would have been nice. We are from Arizona and are used to drinking a lot of water every day.
Overall the resort itself is getting old and it is starting to show. We were told that this off season they are shutting down half the resort to remodel and then the other half next year so look forward to that happening. Everything was just showing its age everywhere.
My family had a great time here and might stay again depending on the rates we get since I think we overpaid for what we got this time. There are some nice places up the coast in Punta Mita that I think we will try next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites