I booked a trip to puerto vallarta May 25-29 with bookit.com. After reading hundreds of reviews/places to stay I decided to stay at the Villa Varadero. Arthur Frommer (travel expert) recommended staying in Nuevo Vallarta for the best beaches in the area. After arriving at the hotel, I was met outside the hotel by Diego.He shook my hand and welcomed me to the hotel. He then helped me check in, and even though I was early, I was able to immediately go to my room. I asked Diego to show me the entire facility, which he gladly did. He made sure that if I had any more questions to contact him. (which I did many times). The entire hotel including the beach, bar, restaurant, 3 pools, lobby area were all kept exceptionally clean 24 hours a day. I drank lots of diet pepsi, and virgin drinks while there, and the free bottled wated helped; and chepe and all of the staff were always fun to talk with; and made time to visit with me. I met alot of americans there; as well as locals who all agreed that this part of the beach is the widest and most beautiful in the area. It was unbelievable. Fine, soft sand. I was able to walk almost the entire week on the beach and see one or two people there, especially around sunset. I really enjoyed the quietness, and the sound of waves crashing as I walked.
The food at the restaurant was exceptional. They had fish on at least 2 occasions, and there was always 4 main entrees served at each meal. On the last evening of my trip, I was able to enjoy a meal on the beach by myself with a waiter; which consisted of a spinach salad, shrimp soup, rolls, fresh dorado served on a bed of rice with broccoli. Dessert was cherry pie, with chocolate sauce. This was excellent. Each morning for breakfast the chef made me omelets, and fried eggs; however I wanted them cooked. All of the wait staff were very helpful and friendly.
At the front desk, I needed to confirm my reservation with my diving company so they made the call; and the arrangements were made. When I needed a taxi, they called one to come and pick me up. They were also very helpful in recommeding local cafe's to eat at; or taking tours.
Josymon, the activities director was also very friendly and helpful. I was the only one who showed up to take the bike tour on Wednesday. He and I went riding to a local zoo, paradise village, a bird sanctuary where I was able to hold several wild birds, and watch people swim with dolphins and seals. It was very informative, and he was very willing to make sure I had a great time; which I did.
On friday they had a couple who sang outside the bar area for a couple of hours was very good, and they sang alot of authentic mexican music.
The only negative thing I can say about this resort is the hardness of the beds. After my flight, and arrival at the hotel, when I got to my room, I put my suitcase on the floor and jumped up to sit on the bed, and found the bed to be as hard as a church pew. HARD. I had read many reviews that had said this was a problem, but I improvised and moved the futon mattress on top of the bed; and then slept on this. It was comfortable to lie on after this.
I would definitely stay here again, and I do plan on returning to puerto vallarta in the future. Thank you for a wonderful vacation experience Villa Vallarta staff. You really know how to make someone feel at home.
PS I look forward to seeing Chepe wearing the Kansas University t-shirt I gave him!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Is an all-inclusive hotel at one of the best beaches in Nuevo Vallarta. It is the ideal hotel for a family vacation. Hotel Villa Varadero is located in beautifully serene Nuevo Vallarta on Mexico's west coast known as the Riviera Nayarit. Nuevo Vallarta is only 25 minutes from the nightlife, cultural spots, and shopping of Puerto Vallarta. It is an ideal destination for a vacation where you and your family can enjoy the beach, nature, and many other activities, such as swimming with dolphins, canopy tours, toboggan water parks, slides, sightseeing tours, and more. When booking at Hotel Villa Varadero you can choose from three types of rooms. Most have beautiful ocean views of the gorgeous sunsets over the Bay of Banderas. At Hotel Villa Varadero you'll enjoy our beautiful view of the Nuevo Vallarta beach. You will be attended to by our friendly staff and great service aimed at making your stay a wonderful experience. We offer many activities for children, teens, and adults in our guided tours of Nuevo Vallarta. One is the "Family Walk", organized by our staff for guests who want to get to know the local Nuevo Vallarta area and the marina plus access to the wonderful world of Vallarta Adventures. Another option is our guided "Bike Ride Tour" that meanders through the streets of Nuevo Vallarta. Also, from our beach you can go kayaking, play volleyball or beach soccer - all enhancing your fun at the Villa Varadero beach. For those who prefer the shade, you can enjoy a good game of billiards with friends, or some fun board games in our game room. To relax, enjoy a sublime massage at the edge of the beach - the best way to start a holiday! During the day our restaurants offer a varied and tasty buffet style menu, and at night our specialty restaurant will delight you with its cuisine and ambiance. Explore Nuevo Vallarta and its surroundings. They are sure to make you fall in love with our beautiful destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Varadero Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Varadero Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Villa Varadero Hotel And Suites
- Hotel Varadero