“Clean and Quiet Resort”

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Ottawa
“Clean and Quiet Resort”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed at this resort during the Xmas week, and that place was still dead quiet even during their peak season! It's good in a way that kids can enjoy the pools almost all by themselves, and no line-up to get food!

The resort is very elegantly decorated and the property is very well kept, very clean and tidy. Lunch only serves snack type of food such as pizzas, burgers, some finger food. You can only eat a-la-carte between 3pm-6:30pm and after 9pm, the buffet takes over in between. Food is quite good, they do a theme meal every night, mexican, italian, asian, etc. another big plus for the food, they have room service!

Not surprisingly as others have pointed out, you do have to sign the bills after each meal, I guess the management wanted to assess the feasibility of their newly introduced all-inclusive concept. Be careful though when signing the bills as they mix up quite frequently, a few times I was given bills with food that we didn't order!

One thing this resort lacks big time is the program activities. There was not much entertainment during the day, only ping-pong, some in-pool exercise and Bingo, and none at night!

The beach is nice and is literally steps from the hotel rooms, but the waters were a bit rough. However, you can walk alongside the beach and you'll get to calmer and shallower part. It's got a nice view of the downtown Puerto Vallarta also from there!

We took the water taxi to go to Puerto Vallarta, big mistake. Cost $20 usd per adult and the ride took about 1 hr on a twin-motored boat! worst yet, upon arrival, we had to transfer to a smaller boat and wade through the shallow water to go ashore, and we had an infant with stroller! I'd rather spend $13 pesos and take the bus there!

Nuevo Vallarta isn't big, it's more like a tourist town, you can ride the free touri-bus that takes you around the town for sightseeing and it drops you at a shopping centre. But Puerto Vallarta is definitely worth visiting!

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and I'd recommend this resort. For the price we paid at peak season, you can't go wrong with this place! If you like quiet and setback atmosphere, this is the place for you!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank marklin

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Usa, Tanzania
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Hello

I thought I would write my review ASAP. So I booked my vacation on Itravel2000 back in September for a weeks holiday from Victoria to Neuvo Vallarta. The hotel was called Ocean Breeze Hotel. I paid $650.00 plus $90.00 tax for all-inclusive. I thought there was an error with the price, but it all went through fine. So my wife, my 23 month old child and myself left on the 20th November. Unfortunately our flights were delayed 6 hours due to the snow, but nevertheless we got to Puerto Vallarta airport fine. For those who have never arrived at this airport be prepared as before you exit to find your tour reps you have to go through so many people trying to sell timeshares. The airport makes sure the Timeshare salesmen have a specific area that you cannot avoid, however, all the tour reps wait outside the terminal exit, so just ignore the timeshare people and head straight for the exit. When we met our rep they informed us that we were the only one's staying at our hotel, so instead of catching the coach, they supplied a taxi direct to the hotel. This was great as it only took 15 mins. I did not know too much about the all-inclusive set up and I didn't know what to expect.

The building itself is called the 'Ocean Sea Garden' and the building is mainly condo's/time shares, but I was informed that the Canadian tour companies created a hotel option and named it 'Ocean Breeze Hotel'. It's the same building, and you can get the standard room, or two room with a kitchenette. So, the building has 182 rooms and there is one restaurant called Rummba, one 'fast-food' type restaurant and room service. There is a bar called Acqa that is open until 1am and there was a swim up bar open until 7pm.

The all-inclusive option included all drinks and food of course. However, the set up was slightly different to resorts I have stayed at previously. Basically, we were offered buffet option or a la carte, however, I only saw the buffet one night, and too be honest, I prefer a la carte. Room service was included, however, there was some confusion, as the waiting staff were unsure, but management did confirm that it was included. So don't be surprised if this changes soon! Anyway, we would always get room-service in the morning, and then have lunch and dinner in the restaurant. What was very odd is that we had to sign a receipt for each order of food or drink. This was not a big deal, but I was expecting a huge bill at the end when checking out, but it was all good. As the all-inclusive option is new, I guess they were trying to just figure out what costs were involved with our consumption. The food was superb, and I am very critical, but this was much better than some hotels I've eaten at.

Even though it wasn't quite peak season, it was kind of quiet, but personally I preferred it this way. The beach was beautiful, although a little rough/cold for swimming, but the swimming pools (three of them) were heated, and trust me this is a beautiful thing. There was daytime entertainment like volleyball etc....but there was no evening entertainment. I think this may change when it gets busier.

Not once were we pressured into timeshares, maybe this was because we had a little kid, but to be honest I didn't see any salesmen either. There is some connection to Ocean Breeze and the Grand Mayan hotel, but we were not allowed to use their facilities without a cost, so there's no real benefit.

Overall the experience was excellent. It's not a five star mega resort, but a very calm, friendly, and well run smaller hotel.

I probably have forgotten many things, so please feel free to ask any questions.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank expat77
Travellers also viewed these Nuevo Vallarta hotels
Bahia del Sol Resort
Bahia del Sol Resort
#27 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Marina Banderas Suites Hotel Boutique
Marina Banderas Suites Hotel Bou...
#21 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
Hotel Las Palomas Vallarta
Hotel Las Palomas Vallarta
#26 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta

Property: Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta
Address: Ave. Paseo de las Moras s/n | Fracc Náutico Turistico, Nuevo Vallarta 63735, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Nayarit > Riviera Nayarit > Nuevo Vallarta
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#17 Top resorts Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta