“Home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Casa Virgilios
Dublin, Ireland
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is one of the best places my wife and I have ever stayed in throughout the world. From the moment we arrived, we felt at home in this superb five star bed and breakfast. The facilities were top notch and the breakfast prepared by Virgilio was delicious. We stayed for seven nights and enjoyed every moment. I cannot recommend Casa Virgilios highly enough.

Room Tip: Anywhere is great.
4 Thank Davybloomer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this property with my twin sons and dog. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room I was given was nearly perfect; ground floor close to the pool.

The room had a fridge, microwave and sink; all very useful when travelling with babies.

The bed was huge. The babies didn't need to sleep in their Pack N Play. They just slept and played on the huge bed.

I was on a special diet so I was unable to eat the breakfast that was being served. It looked and smelled delicious.

My little Yorkshire Terrier was able to roam around the property undisturbed. The kids really enjoyed the pool.

I have 2 very small complaints:

1. There were many mosquitos in my room. I killed four. No idea how many more were in there. During the 3 nights I slept there I ended up with over 20 mosquito bites. I ended up having to sleep in long sleeves and pants to avoid being bitten. (But then they just bit my feet) Luckily my kids were not bitten at all.

2. The cleaning schedule wasn't consistent. Either the bathroom was cleaned and the bed wasn't made or vice versa. For some reasons I could not get the entire room cleaned every day.

I want to point out that these are very small complaints on an otherwise enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are worth getting.
1 Thank AnnnnnG
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed there from April 13 to April 15 on 2014, It is a really pretty and quiet place. My mother loved the garden and pool. The water of the pool was warmed and the Jacuzzi was good. I would suggest to go there if you want an inexpensive and pretty place. It is perfect for your family vacations.

1 Thank infirio
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Casa Virgilios is a 12 room B&B situated in a quiet residential neighborhood, three blocks away from the beach and one block from restaurants and a store. A beuatiful landscaped home with pool, jacuzzi and cozy sitting area's.
If you arrive by car, parking is available.

Breakfast is served from 9 am on a veranda overlooking the pool; it is a buffet style breakfast with a good variety of cold and hot items, juice and good coffee.
Our bedroom on the ground floor overlooked the pool area and had a ceiling fan, A/C, flat screen TV, DVD player, microwave, refrigerator and a small table with chairs. WiFi reception was good and free, bottled water is also provided daily.
The bathroom was very spacious with a large walk-in shower, good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The bedroom and bathroom were sparkling clean.

Casa Virgilios is a peaceful oasis where you can relax away from the hassle and bustle of the beach scene. To have a car at this location would be a plus but everything can be done by bus and taxi.
If you are looking for a beach party, this is not the place but if you are looking for a nice relaxing time, you have found it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flyingdutchmanblue
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Casa Virgilios was recommended to us. It is about a 10 minute walk to the beach, but everything you need is right here. The pool and hot tub were clean every day. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a little different every day but consisted of fresh juices and fruits, eggs, and a variety of additional foods making it a traditional Mexican Breakfast.
Virgilio was very helpful. We were close to Vallarta Adventures for the evening we attended "Rhythms of the Night" (I highly recommend it). Just a few blocks away (walking distance) are several restaurants from casual to fancy, plus an OXXO Convenience store. Bottled water in our rooms plus we had a small kitchen to keep food cold or hot, as needed.
Very comfortable, quiet, and a very good place to just take it easy.

Room Tip: Downstairs if you don't want to pack suit cases upstairs, but the upstairs are awesome, too.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Debimlee
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had the chance to enjoy Virgilio's hospitality on the beginning and last night of our trip to Nayarit recently. We picked his Casa because of the location to the airport and the excellent reviews from other guests. They were right! Virigilio has a beautiful home and is very welcoming. His breakfast spread is amazing and is substantial enough to last the whole day! Virgilio recommended some restaurants within walking distance for our Valentine's day dinner and we were very impressed with the selection and quality of food. We enjoyed some excellent Lebanese food right around the corner. The neighborhood is lovely, very safe, and our only regret was not spending more time. The garden and pool area are stunning, and well worth spending a few days to unwind. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MexicoVivi
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I picked this b & b because it was close to the Vallarta Adventures and the price was right and the reviews were great. It was a perfect pick. The owner is so gracious and helpful. Called taxis and gave advice for shopping and eateries. The room was huge and clean. Very peaceful atmosphere and great breakfast. We will be sure to stay there again when we visit puerto vallarta again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple