“We're Back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand Bliss

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Bliss
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“We're Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Last year we came here with friends. Celebrating a remission diagnosis and taking a break from the MN winter were two good reasons to be here. The great service from Cristian and many others really made us feel like welcomed guests. It is interesting to see what has changed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Karen J :
Thank you very much for submitting your review of your stay at The Grand Bliss. We are delighted to find out that all our staff was helpful, as this is what we strive for every day.

We always like to hear about our guests’ experiences since it is the only way to truly know we are doing a great job to making your stay enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Waxhaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The workers here are exceptional and always trying to please. The grounds are well kept and the pools are exceptional.You can use any of the pools at the Grand Bliss so if one is too crowded for you go to one less crowded. The beach is clean and safe to enter. Victor Aguilera in sales is very nice and helpful in what he does. All in all a great trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maui04_13
Dear maui04_13 :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at The Grand Bliss and we are delighted to learn you enjoyed our facilities; the accommodationsand that you had a great trip. We really thank you for your kind comment about our staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

We take great pride in creating incredible vacations and after receiving your remarks, it is great to confirm we have succeeded in doing so for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The room and grounds are very nice. The timeshare presentation is a BRUTAL 5 hours. We also had an expensive necklace stolen from a dresser drawer underneath some clothes. It was there in the morning and gone by the afternoon. They asked the maid and she said she didn't take it. Really? We should have used the safe but it is still very upsetting.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen L
Dear Stephen L :

We are gratified to hear about your visit at The Grand Bliss. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful groundsand accommodations.

Your feedback is very important to us and this highly exceptional occurrence will be thoroughly investigated and addressed by all areas concerned. We are grateful you brought this to our attention.

Best regards,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We recently rented a Master Suite at the Grand Bliss during Christmas 2013. There was no construction on the last Grand Luxx tower during this time. All was quiet. We went through RCI and ended up with a room that was not facing the water, but it was on the top floor. The scenery here is quite nice, we had no complaints, although an ocean view would have been nicer. We had the smallest of rooms, the Master Suite. One king size bed, couch, TV, large bath tub and shower. All very nice and clean. The bed was not overly comfortable and overall not that bad. My back is sensative to hard beds, but I was able to get by for a week here. There was A/C and a small refrigerator in the room. This comes standard from what we heard. We did arrange a van to come pick us up at the airport before our visit with the concierge. We were sent specific instructions for what shirt color and pants of the party to look for. It is important to not let anyone else try to get your attention while walking past the last of sliding glass doors. Stay focused and find the specific people from Grand Bliss Hotel, don't waist your time talking with anyone else.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Kristi171 :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at The Grand Bliss, and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay.

Your comments are always welcomed. Our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation.

We truly appreciate your preference and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a beautiful property! Family of 8, 3 generations, we all had a great time! Things have changed a bit thou. You have a choice of ocean view or garden view. Go for the ocean view. Very quiet. The garden view used to be a view of golf course, but now it is lush greens & a new club called Santaurio. A really posh bar/entertainment area but music goes late here & you can hear it from your room if you are on that side. You no longer get dropped off in front of your hotel either. There is a central taxi area for all 5 resorts on the property, so now everyone gets picked up & dropped off at the central area. When you arrive you are at this central area & they put all your luggage in large covered carts & they haul them to your room. Lots of walking at this property. Pools are a bit far, Sometimes you get lucky with a golf cart shuttle going by. The Grand Bliss pool was very quiet, Grand Mayan pool very busy with pools, lazy river & water slide. Restaurants are good but a little spendy. But by the time you pay a taxi to go off property it works out about the same. The decor is gorgeous in neutrals, lots of textures, great lighting, comfy seating and a great scent which you can purchase to bring home with you! Rooms were really quiet, never heard neighbors or running water etc. Great service, everyone was very friendly! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room for sunsets and peace & quiet!
3 Thank troythetraveler
Dear troythetraveler :

We are grateful for your taking the time to write a review about your experience while staying at The Grand Bliss. We are delighted to learn your trip was fun and you enjoyed our food options, our facilities, the accommodations’ décor, and the pools. It is nice to learn you think our property is beautiful.

Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family and I have been owners with the Vida Vacations (Mayan Group) since 2006, and visit Mexico about 3 times a year. We have upgraded from the Mayan Palace, to the one bedroom Grand Mayan, to the two bedroom Grand Mayan, to the Two bedroom Grand Bliss. Until 2011, we had been very happy with the resort: Clean, good staff, beautiful grounds, and most importantly, availability to my resort.

That all changed in 2011 when we "upgraded" to the Grand Bliss. From the moment of upgrade, we have been unable to use our "Resort". We have called for reservations both 90+ and 120+ days prior to our trips, and they were "sold out". Neither trip was during holidays or preceding holidays. We have recently found out that the resort, despite a promise not to oversell, did just that. As proof, reservations have standing orders to place Grand Bliss and Grand Luxx owners on Oceanside upper floor levels of the Gand Mayan... If I were a Grand Mayan owner I would be very upset as well!

To those of you who are considering purchasing from the Vida Vacation group (Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Bliss, Luxx) TAKE HEED!! They are more interested in trading with other resorts so they can sell to new buyers than they are of letting owners into their own resort!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
22 Thank bamSeattle
Dear bamSeattle :
We are grateful for your taking the time to write a review about your experience at The Grand Bliss. We are glad to learn you have enjoyed our accommodations and beautiful grounds. Thank you as well for your kind words about our staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

Our reservations‘ representativesat the Customer Care Center are always ready to provide assistance for our members to make the most out of their membership with us. All available options are always given for your selected location as our primary interest is to continue inspiring generations of happiness, by helping our members and guests create extraordinary vacation experiences with us. For that reason, reach out to them at 1.800.292.9446 or by email at customerservice@thegrandbliss.com.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

All best wishes,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband and I are "owners" at the Grand Bliss. We have enjoyed ourselves the past few times we have visited Nuevo Vallarta and stayed at The Grand Bliss. In the past, we had always been given Oceanview rooms. And we thought the same case, this time. I reserved/booked our reservation for a Master Suite (2 Bedroom Unit) back in May 2013 for December 2013 travel. Upon arrival, however, we were given a Mountain view room. I was disappointed at the moment trying to figure out why we weren't provided an Oceanview. I thought I had done everything correctly, booked 8 months in advance, requested it, and was a Member/Owner. At check-in, I was told that all members/owners are given that option and it is never guaranteed. OK, note to self. We continued with the check in process.

I must say, since I was last here in May 2012, a lot has happened. So many changes on this property! Beautiful changes! There is now a completely separate area that drops everyone off at the taxi area. And from there, you leave your luggage, or groceries, whatever it may be, with a bell boy service, and proceed to walk through a beautiful walkway to the Santuario. There, you will see a Tram and then the new Nightclub, Santuario. During the day, I guess this is more of a relaxing spot, where you can have desserts, coffees, etc. In the evening, they transform it to a night club, or entertainment venue. It can get loud, and you can hear the music from your room until about Midnight but it didn't bother us.

At check in, we were provided with our wristbands, which I guess now also is your key to your unit! It's a hit or miss with this wristband, as sometimes the doors open to our unit, other times it does not. For the most part, I was able to always enter my unit with the wristband, but others in our party had difficulty. After receiving our wristbands, we were escorted to another lady at the lobby that wanted us to attend a "Member's Update" meeting. We weren't interested, and actually lied by saying people on the contract were not present, so they didn't push us. They did, however, call our room the night before one of the "breakfast meetings", and we gave in. We figured, why not get 10% off food, and get a free breakfast.

Mountainview Room - very beautiful. Now that the Santuario is built, you will see much lush greens, and the golf course. On another side you will see a faint sight of the Water. So all in all, it was beautiful. We also did see construction, as they are building more Grand Luxxe units, etc. Overall, I was happy with the view!

Timeshare Updates/Member's Updates - my husband and I attended this, with the absolute knowledge we would not be upgrading. We told everyone that the individuals on the contract were not all present, so no changes could be made anyways. We went to have our breakfast at Cafe de Lago, then toured the units again, and came back to the sales office. Sat down, reviewed our contract, and surprisingly they didn't even push us. I guess they knew we were serious about not upgrading. We also had our sunglasses on the entire time, so they couldn't see our expressions. Took 3 hours, which is quick! And we received 10% off all food, and 50% off other discounts. So worth it to us.

Grocery Shopping - Walmart Nuevo Vallarta. We go there every time we come to The Grand Bliss. I have another review with all the shopping lists that you might be interested in! So please check that out!

Airport Pickup Transportation -
I'm not sure how it works with non-owners, but we received complimentary airport pickup. I am sure this applies to all guests, owners or not. About 2 weeks prior to arriving, I sent an email to the NV team at Grand Bliss and gave them our airline information, etc. They confirmed and told us how to meet them for pick up. It's great, we received our own private driver, and it was complimentary!

Tipping/Gratuity -
The last few times we came to PVR, I didn't know how the tipping scale was. I asked a couple of people at the front desk to get a gauge, and we went off of that. Since the resort has changed so much, and in ways where my husband and I suddenly found ourselves just tipping left and right, I realized I wanted to talk to some locals about this. No offense, but I don't particularly care to spend all my funds just on tipping. I'd rather be prepared, I guess :)

I understand this property is full service, so I noticed every time I got out of a cab, I tipped not only the cab driver, but then anyone that helped us with our bags/groceries. In the past, I could take my own bags/groceries myself, but now they don't allow that. Then when the groceries are delivered to the room, I tip since it's a different person helping. Housekeeping, you get one during the day, and one during the evening, so more tip. Golf, you tip. Restaurants, you tip. I'm not complaining about tipping, as I do believe that a service should get rewarded, but my husband and I realized that we were practically tipping 20-40 PESOS each person, and it adds up very quickly! So after talking to some individuals, I gathered the following (and by no means do you have to use this, just more of a guide I learned while there and talking to locals) -

Bell Boys/Luggage Handlers/Grocery Guys - 20 pesos is fine per person.
Housekeeping - 20 pesos for each cleaning (we did 40 pesos a day)
Golf - 100 pesos each golfer.
Restaurants - we did standard 15-20% of bill depending on level of service

Bridge Walkway -
Beautiful, tons of it, one of my favorite things about the property! In the morning we would wake up to see the sunrise, and walk around all the bridges, and walkways. It is stunning, how they did this.

Internet -
Free internet, if you want basic. Not sure what the upgrade version is, but it's about 250 pesos a day for that. We opted for the basic free internet, which was plenty. Slow at times, but we were still able to play with websites, check email, social network, etc.

Restaurants -
Since we last came, there were about 5 new restaurants that were added, totaling I believe either 13 or 15 restaurants on site! All resort-pricing, FYI, but I will say, the food quality is delicious, so depending on your budget, it might be worth checking out! Our favorites - Burger Custom Made, Tramonto, and Chinquilita (new one).

Currency Exchange - we exchanged our money before we arrived in PVR. The exchange rate at the property is not very good. Just to give a gauge - when we went, the exchange rate we received at the bank in Chicago was about 12.50 pesos to $1US. At the property, it was 11.50 pesos to $1US. That can add up quickly, so if you have the opportunity to exchange currency prior to arriving, you might want to take advantage of that!

Overall, we had a great time. Again, some minor hiccups with check in, and what not, but it did not ruin a trip. Will be coming back again in a few months, so they're not getting rid of us anytime soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends