4,435 results
All reviews spa tower residence club bedroom loft floor concierge blue fish rooftop pool lazy river vidanta resort la cantina shuttle service construction noise meal plan grand bliss punta arena taxi stand havana moon sales presentation
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great place!!!! The service was unbelievable!! We relaxed by the wonderful pools, ate popsicles, got our sunglasses cleaned, played LAZY games, were served lunch and beverages in our pool chairs, they even moved the umbrellas whenever we needed them moved!! Girl Trip 2013 made GREAT because of this wonderful place...........we felt like princesses!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank cpt6281
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Excellent resort,great pools and restaurants, excellent services,great apartments.
Slow check-in. Long wait for lugage at departure. Should have direct entry to the beach. Beach should be cleaned daily

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Arnoldk56
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The fee for srevice as thjey reort calls it has been reduced from $4.00 usd for each basket of groceries delivered to the room is now $2.50 per basket.This was after less than a week of complaints. If you vist the resort and object to the fee emai, customerservice @grupovidanta.com

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have often participated in the free on-site activities but this time, I took advantage of some of the extras available and they made my stay even more wonderful.

I took Zumba and Latin Rhythms classes at the gym (Luxxe #2 building) from Oscar, who is an excellent teacher, very patient but also challenging for the students who need that extra push. It is an amazing luxury and great experience to take classes from such a talented teacher who is trained in so many different disciplines, and a special treat to take latin dance from someone who knows the music and rhytyms so well.

There are other classes available at the gym (e.g., yoga, pilates, stretching, Abs, spinning, as well as personal trainers) which I did not try, but about which I did hear good things from other students. The gym is spotless and the staff very welcoming and interested in providing a personal touch for their clients. There are a good assortment of machines, including treadmills, weights, and spinning cycles.

Full disclosure: I do Zumba classes at home so I am not a complete beginner, but Oscar provides enough variety within each class that I was never bored and he kept me coming back for more. Also, all of the specialty classes at the gym are offered at an extra cost, but there are price reduction packages according to the number of classes that you buy.

This year, I was also able to take advantage of one of the gourmet tours offered, as well as the culinary lesson at Epazote (gourmet Mexican restaurant on-site).

The gourmet tour featured four courses at four different restaurants (all on-site) and the price included a welcome drink and specially-paired wine with each course. At each stop, we had an unhurried opportunity to meet the Maitre D' as well as the chefs. For the longer treks, a special shuttle was provided for transportation door to door. The host/facilitator was Montezuma, one of the concierges who has an excellent command of English and a very good sense of humour. It made for a lovely evening and I look forward to doing it again next year. Highly recommended, and excellent value for the cost.

I would like to add that even though we were on the gourmet tour and felt that we got excellent attention and service, I received the same special attention and service at all of the restaurants on-site that I frequented this trip (Tramonto, Gong, Punta Arena, Epazote). In fact, at the Punta Arena, the very accommodating chef offered to make a special dish (one of our favorites that had been absent from the new menus) and it was delicious (grilled shrimp with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon).

After the marvellous experience on the gourmet tour, I was interested to do the culinary class and I was most impressed. The class was offered in the spotless kitchen at Epazote (gourmet Mexican) restaurant by Chef Enrique Garcia was informative and entertaining. We were greeted with a welcome drink and then Chef Garcia proceeded to demonstrate how to make each of three special dishes featured on the menu. We received cards with the recipes and the information provided was not hampered in any way by being in Spanish from the chef: both translators were excellent and questions were always answered in a thoughtful way. After the demo, we were led in the restaurant where we were served the dishes that had been prepared, along with wine. The meal itself was excellent, the wine choice perfect and the atmosphere extra nice because we had the restaurant to ourselves and a group of travelling "foodie" always can find lots to discuss. I would highly recommend this experience if you can fit it into your schedule: highly recommended and excellent value for the cost.

We did find it more awkward to get around the resort because of the change in transportation which disallows taxis door-to-door at the buildings, however shuttle carts do provide service to within a short walking distance of most buildings, and front door of many.

Full disclosure: we are long-time members (since the company was still called Vidafel) and we have been very impressed with how the company fulfills its vision. For example, last year we were at the Grand Bliss building, across from the then-construction site of the Santuario which is now a spectacular entertainment centre/bar/hub. The free nightly entertainment (from 8 p.m. to midnight) is varied and top-notch. Singer-pianist Dwight and the lady singer are real entertainers who clearly love what they do and are a pleasure to watch. The sand painter is impressive and always astonishes us with how she tells a story in the moving sand with just her hands/fingers as brushes. The dancers (a Latin ballroom couple) and a troupe of folkloric dancers are excellent, and they always go all-out to provide a high-energy show. The balance-acrobat is a showman and highly entertaining as well. The results make that bit of construction noise and dust last year worth the wait.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Artquilter700
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We just spent 3 weeks at the Grand Luxxe Suites and it was very close to heaven. It is wonderful that cars are no longer allowed on the resort, that there is a central taxi center. It makes the resort much cleaner and safer.

Everything was great, the room, the people who helped us, the resteraunts, but best of all is living in a big gorgeous garden for three weeks.

To learn more about the resort, go to the Back of the House tour, with Antonio, and the Botanical tour to learn the names of the plants. And Antonio and his crew were wonderful to us. My 6 yr old grand-daughter LOVED face painting, bead making, cooky decorating, and the pools. Children activities every day would be apreciated, including something for the 5 year old "dude" I love dearly. Raul, the conceirge on level 7 was one of the nicest, most helpful persons I have ever met. The maids were great. Check-in and Check-out were easy and fast. Try checking in earlier on a Friday, less people.

Chavez, the owner has created a wonderful entertaining warm environment for us in Mexico. We look forward to next winter.

Grandma Betty