“Mariano Navarrete Vida Review”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
“Mariano Navarrete Vida Review”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Mariano was Great to work with today and I am looking forward to getting to know him better as we work more together. His presentation, friendliness and professionalism was refreshing. He provide us with options, detailed what we had and was understanding with our decisions.

Thanks!
Steve

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Steven T :

We are grateful for your taking the time to write a review about your experience while staying at Grand Luxxe. We are pleased to learn you had a wonderful vacation, Thank you as well for your kind words about our staff’s service, as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

We are certain Mariano will gladly receive your feedback, as all our staff is always looking to meet our guests’ expectations to the fullest.

Comments like yours inspire us to continue creating ideal vacation experiences.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
Congers, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Grand Luxx is an absolutely amazing place to stay. The staff are great, the accommodations are amazing and the grounds are much better since the last time I was here. It is great to see how much has has happened since our last visit. We have been coming to the Mayan resort for 10 years now. We came down with friends who stated at the Mayan Palace, we saw first hand what out money bought as they were denied or had to work for the little things that made staying at the luxx a wonderful experience. Example all you had to do was ask at the Luxx for towels and you were able to get as many as you wanted. They had to ask for beg for extra towel cards.
My only complaint or suggestion is.....Avoid the Shark Tank. If you are happy with what you have or do not have the money to Upgrade then do yourself a favor... DO NOT GO FOR the owners update AKA Timeshre presentation. Avoid Jeff, and Most Importantly Avoid Anthony his manager. Jeff assured me he was there to show us what's going on at the luxx and their were no sales involved. I should have known better. They are sweet talking until you say No Thanks. I told them 6 times No. Anthony walked back with the package and started talking about the spa package. I told him No again, he kept talking. Finally I raised my voice pointed my finger at him and told him he is beginning to irritate me. At this point he told me he did not need my "New York Rudeness and asked me to leave." I did but left highly aggravated. The rest of the vacation was great. I will no longer subject myself to being aggravated and held against my will after saying no 7 times. We we're suppose to meet people and I stayed because I did not want to be rude. Shame on me I should have been rude and left on the first no......

Room Tip: Avoid Shark The Shark Tank. AKA timeshare presentation.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Erin S
Dear Erin S :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Grand Luxxe. We are so glad you had a blast with your friends enjoying our accommodations. grounds and our staff’s service. They work tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most comfortable experience ever.

Our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation, and we are pleased to learn we achieved this goal by reading your comment.

We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After a two weeks stay we all agreed the Spa Tower suite was no better and on some fronts worse than the Luxxe Villa Suite. Our family of 5 expected to be quite comfortable in a 2 bedroom unit that was supposedly designed to sleep 8. Not so! Roll always were required! Not a 5 star experience to say the least. Been coming since 2005 and this resort is outstanding. But the new Plaza shopping area is overpriced ($600 cover ups - and that's not pesos!) and the taxi service centralized does not serve older guests and anyone with walking limitations well. Long walks carrying heavy grocery bags is a common sight.
To do: go to Estudio Cafe off property walking and enjoy the marina dining
To bring : nespresso coffee pods as all Luxxe units have a machine
Buy the meal plan tickets for on site dining - it's a good value for teens with big appetites and easy to share between couples too! ($60 per person per day for buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner - all top notch food quality and variety)
Concierge on each floor in the spa tower is a lovely feature and our concierge Bernardo was exceptionally helpful!

Room Tip: Aim for a higher floor as sound from the Santuario can be annoying
6 Thank ottravel5
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was our second time at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta and everything was amazing. The restaurants, the service, the accommodations, the golf course, absolutely everything. We were dreading the timeshare presentation but Angeles was very patient with everyone including my elderly grandfather. She walked through everything and we even enjoyed a few laughs together. Over all this trip to Grand Luxxe was the best we have had with Mayan Hotels.

2 Thank Darlene J
Dear Darlene J :

Thank you so much for commenting about your stay at Grand Luxxe. We are happy to learn you enjoyed the accommodations, the beach, the golf course and that all our staff was welcoming and pleasant, as this is what we strive for every day.

At Grand Luxxe we are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine luxury hospitality by providing outstanding locations and service excellence. We are constantly striving to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and this is very useful to us.

We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It is easy to find small complaints with the check-in process (which seems to be a trend), however, once rolling around the facilities, none of that matters. We spent a week there recently which would be hard to duplicate in most resort venues. Beach access, nice golf course, pools everywhere and a fantastic spa, Brio!! Lots of food choices including stopping at Wal-Mart or Costco for provisions on the way to Nuevo Vallarta. The restaurants vary in price, but food was all good! The Beach Party and Viva Mexico events were fun, fairly priced and the food was good. It's a great vacation with guaranteed good weather in March. Owners here seem to be a crowd of "whiners" about minutia. Renters and people on exchange seemed to be more relaxed and pleased. We are in the second group!!!

Room Tip: Grand Luxxe visitors may prefer building 1 or 2 while constructionj is going on at the other end!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stan r
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dea stan_rubin :
Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at Grand Luxxe. We always like to hear about our guests’ experiences since it is the only way to truly know we are doing a great job to making your stay enjoyable. We are glad you enjoyed our pools, golf course, the spa, the parties and food options.

Comments like yours inspire us to continue providing the highest level of service on our daily performance.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future; it will be our pleasure to have you as a guest again!

Arden Hills, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We just completed a two week vacaion at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta with friends and family. This resort has much to offer for leisurely sun and sand vacations as well as familys with kids. The Nicklaus design golf course is both playable and challenging. The new addition of the Santuario is beautiful and the addition of entertainment nightly is great but the acts need to change more frequently. We love the new elevated boardwalks so walkers do not have to compete with the transport shuttles. We love the variety of pools available to Grand Luxxe including the lazy river at the Grand Mayan. We would love to see another moderately priced restaurant available after 6PM when the pool snack bars usually close.

The grounds are gorgeous and the service personnel are very friendly and attentive.Our member services agent Daniela Contreras did an excellent job explaining the upcoming changes to the resort including the Greg Norman golf couse, Luxxe tower 4, Cirque de Soleil, and the organic growing of vegetables on the property for the resort.

We look forward to our visit here again next year.

Larry and Mary V.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Santuario have more noise from the entertainment until midnight but we not find it...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry V
Dear Larry V :
We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Grand Luxxe. We are pleased to learn you had a wonderful vacation, that you enjoyed our food options, grounds, pools, Santuario and took advantage of the promotions available during your stay. Also We are happy to receive your kind comment about our staff, as they always look to exceed all our guests’ expectations. We are certain Daniela will gladly receive your feedback.

We take great pride in creating incredible vacations and after receiving your remarks, it is great to confirm we have succeeded in doing so for you and your loved ones.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

Vancouver
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at the Grand Luxxe. I am writing a second review because I feel that they are not as good this year.

Positive about Grand Luxxe:

The accommodation and grounds at the Grand Luxxe are lovely. The accommodation is spacious, modern, clean and well appointed. The grounds are lush and tropical and absolutely stunning. There are multiple pools and you will never have difficulty finding a seat. (apparently it is packed during the" Holy Weeks", but I have never been then). The staff are all extraordinarily pleasant and friendly. The resort is truly lovely.

The other thing that the Grand Luxxe does well is the transfer of your luggage when you arrive and when you depart. It is very well handled.

The Negative about Grand Luxxe:

You will be VERY frustrated checking in. Every year we go through the melodrama of checking in when they have ignored all of your requests and put you in something completely different. You will argue with them and they smile and say "yes, yes". Which translates into "you don't stand a chance". Keep yelling. And escalating the problem to Superiors. Its the only thing that works! Part of the problem is that they have check ins on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (maybe one other day too?) So you are at an advantage if you check in on a Friday as you have people checking out the next two days. So if you don't like your room, you have 2 more days to hopefully score one that you do want. The other problem is the increasing amount of owners who are booking up multiple suites during prime seasons and selling them on VRBO. I understand their motivation, but if you own at the Grand Luxxe, you would hope to get preferential treatment for your personal use over someone who is making money. Its going to be something they are going to struggle with. Then you get Seniors who come for months at a time and tie up one side of an accommodation, which lessens the flexibility of the resort to place other people. Anyhow, we did, after a week, eventually get the accommodation that we had requested.

I am not the only one who feels frustrated by the check in process and by the endless problems. Everywhere I went I would hear people complaining about it. Its just part and parcel of the Grand Luxxe. They need to change as it is now simply the norm. I can't tell you the number of times (25 or 30?) I heard people saying "It was hell checking in, but now its okay".

One other comment. As we checked in (and I was still very unhappy) one of the sale's reps came over to ask how we were and if we wanted a sale's tour and free breakfast. I said we were not happy and were fed up with the reservations always being wrong. And that we didn't want a sale's tour. The minute she heard that she couldn't entice us on a tour, she was out of there. That is a major flaw of the resort. Its all about the "sell, sell, upgrade". They are very pleasant and obliging when they think they can make money off of you, but otherwise you are of little value to them. Its also probably why the resort will never crack down on the VRBO side of things. Everyone that books a vacation rental, is a potential new person to buy a timeshare.

This year I found that the pool environment wasn't as pleasant. Usually all the chairs have a towel on them and then there were stacks of towels if you needed more. This year they were very lax on replenishing the towels and you'd have to go and snatch them off of other chairs. I also felt that the waiters at the pool were quite unpleasant if you didn't order enough. We'd ask for water and he'd bring us one. He obviously didn't feel that he was going to make enough tips off of us. I think if the waiters don't want to bring water (its 90 degrees!) then they should have a central area where you can go and self serve. I have no problem getting it myself, I just don't want to dehydrate. I was also disgusted that people could smoke by the pools. There was also sticky spots on the decks and it just didn't feel as clean as last year.

They have now opened a store called La Plaza. Its stunning. Its a massive clothing and specialty store upstairs and then a food fair downstairs. Its very beautiful and enticing and very expensive. I went to get suntan lotion and the least expensive one was $19 US. The spray one was over $35 US! They had lots of $500 bathsuits. The food downstairs is exquisitely presented but again pricey. I also felt that the food at the restaurants was not as good as last year.

Finally, the ongoing construction at the Grand Luxxe continues to be a problem. We were not impacted but friends of ours were. They had rented from VRBO and got put in a ground level villa. They looked onto a massive construction pit and hammering all day. The final straw was when the jackhammers started... at 1:00 am!!!! For two hours... They finally tracked down security to make it stop. But what kind of resort has jack hammering at 1:00 in the morning outside hotel rooms???? My friend spent 3 days of her 6 day vacation trying to get into the accommodation that she had been promised. I don't see them returning any time soon!

I will return to the Grand Luxxe as it is very beautiful and we own lots of weeks. I do really think they need to improve their check in. And the amount of construction - it will never end. The minute they finish one project they begin another. So do be prepared for noise and disruption. It is a lovely resort but don't be fooled by the people that say it is perfect. There is still a lot to improve.

9 Thank PursegirlVancouver
Dear PursegirlVancouver :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your detailed impression about your stay at Grand Luxxe. We are happy you enjoyed our pools, the accommodations and we are glad you liked our beautiful grounds.

Most of the feedback provided by our guests is excellent; nonetheless, we are always looking for opportunities to exceed our members’ and guests' expectations. With that in mind, your comments will be shared with the appropriate areas, since they work tirelessly - day and night, to achieve the utmost level of satisfaction. We take this opportunity to point out as well that our prices are competitive compared to other resorts. Working to anticipate and exceed your every need is very important to us as it helps us to provide you an extraordinary vacation experience.

We are grateful for your feedback and hope you allow us to host your vacations again.

Warm regards,