“"Absolutely Beautiful"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
California
“"Absolutely Beautiful"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We just got back from Nuevo Vallarta. We stayed at the Grand Luxxe, Tower 3. This resort is GORGEOUS! Everybody we encountered were top notch! GREAT attendants, maids, concierge, servers, front desk and life guards! Our room was immaculate; the beds were comfortable, sheets were soft, fantastic pillows, bathrooms and showers were fabulous! Better yet, there was hi speed wi-fi!! We tried ALL of the restaurants: Punta Arena, Epazote, Blue Fish, Cafe Largo and ALL had delicious dishes and great savory flavors. Whoever hired the chefs at each restaurant did an exceptional job. The whole experience was magnificent!

4 Thank RoJoLo
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear RoJoLo :

Thank you very much for providing your comments about your vacation at Grand Luxxe. We are pleased to learn you had a wonderful vacation, that you enjoyed our food options, the facilities, accommodations and our staff’s service. They work tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most comfortable experience ever. We are also happy that you consider our resort to be beautiful.

Our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation, and we are pleased to learn we achieved this goal by reading your comment.

We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just spent a week here. It was my 1st time in Mexico. Stayed in The Grand Luxxe tower 1. Grounds are gorgeous & staff all over is sooo nice! I can't a bad thing about the place, the staff or anything. Even had an incident getting locked out of our room, but the response time of the staff to fix the situation was excellent. One of the best vacations ever & I'm looking forward to going back.

3 Thank M P K
Dear M P K :

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at Grand Luxxe. We are pleased to learn our staff’s service was efficient. They work tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most enjoyable experience ever. We are also happy that you consider our resort to be beautiful and you selected it for your first time in México.

We take great pride in creating incredible vacations and after receiving your remarks, it is great to confirm we have succeeded in doing so for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

Cerritos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in the Grand Luxxe Tower I. The service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and always welcoming. Special mentions for Fatima and Mariana at the pool, Cecilia at Santuario, and Jairo at the bar for exceptional service. The rooms were clean and nice. The only complaints that I have is that one of the sinks were leaked and had to be fixed twice and we could here the piano in the night when the door was closed. Other than that the rooms were excellent.

The activities on the property varied. The Grand Mayan had more pool activities for the younger crowd. The Grand Luxxe pools felt more relaxing. There were other pools that I haven't tried. Since we went right when the crowds died down a lot of the pools were closed for cleaning. Service by the Grand Luxxe pools was excellent. There were free sunglass cleaning and free popsicles.

The nightlife on the property in my opinion is lacking. There is a bar/lounge called Santuario. The acts were nice but they were the same each nice. My friends and I wanted to dance but there were very little options.

Overall the stay was excellent. It's hard not to have a good time, especially if you're with good company.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank juddmendoza
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear juddmendoza :

We are pleased you chose to stay at Grand Luxxe for your vacation. We really thank you for your kind comment about our staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets. It will be our privilege to share it with them, specifically the staff mentioned; we are certain they will be happy to receive it.

Comments like yours are an incentive to continue perfecting our performance.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Hanover, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand Luxxe in Tower III on the Grand Mayan property, so we had access to all of the amenities. If you stay at the Grand Mayan or Grand Bliss, you might not have the same level of access.

Now for the good: We stayed during the 2nd week of August 2014, so it was their rainy season. There was sunshine every day for 7 days, however it rained almost every night. This was perfect for us because we did not do many activities at night. Also, it was their non-peak season, so the resort was not crowded, which was also perfect for us. We virtually had the place to ourselves. The entire resort is absolutely magnificent. The rooms, facilities and grounds were luxurious, opulent and beautiful. It was a slice of paradise. The service from the bellmen, maid service, room service, concierge, the beautiful shuttle drivers, restaurant staff was outstanding - second to none. Our room was gorgeous and tended to 3 times a day, every day, without fail. The maid left us delicious premium chocolate treats by our beds each night! Yummy!! They had the best shower and jacuzzi tub in our room. And we loved the premium robes and slippers that were provided. We made use of the tub and took long hot bubble baths. Words cannot adequately describe our pleasure with our room. We felt like we were in an episode of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". The food in the restaurant was very good, especially at Epazote -The Mexican restaurant. And Mr. Robinson, the Piano player, played 2 hours of delightful piano music a few of the nights in the lobby of Grand Luxxe Tower I. He was just outside of Epazote, so you could hear great music while you dined. After dinner, we sat in the lobby with our drinks and listened to his music. That man is gifted, with thousands of songs in his beautiful mind. While at Epazote, ask for a Mexican Coffee...you won't be disappointed by the fire presentation that is done while the waiter prepares your coffee with liqueur in front of you.

Now for the bad: The place was terribly expensive. A $40 USD Kobe hamburger; 2 cups of frozen yogurt with toppings for $20 USD; bottled water at $10 USD a bottle. The alcoholic beverages were also terribly expensive and weak. You will easily spend a grand on meals and drinks for two, if you eat there a full week. The nighttime entertainment at Santaurio was really bad. They really need a karaoke night, a comedy night and a dance night. And something for young people at night. Also, there was no pool open after 9 PM. It was so beautiful out there by the beach at night (when it wasn't raining). A nighttime swim under the moonlight would have been perfect. They really should keep at least one pool (with pool bar) open at night for adults. As mentioned, we stayed in Grand Luxxe Tower III, so there were NO amenities in that building - no pool, no nothing. But we believe they are building one because we were awakened by the sounds of construction work in the mornings outside our building. Also, we had to catch a shuttle to everything...to eat, to swim, to walk on the beach, and to shop. I did not even use the gym as I had planned, because it was in another building. And it is not an easy walk from building to building. You really need to catch a shuttle to go anywhere.

Some more bad: The beaches were not great. The ocean water on the Nuevo Vallarta side was murky, and muddy BROWN, BROWN, BROWN!!! Apparently, a muddy river spills out into the ocean on the Nuevo Vallarta side and muddies up the ocean water. If you want a good beach experience, you'll need to go to a Puerto Vallarta (a 15 min. taxi ride away - $20-$25 USD each way). Also, in the Grand Luxxe, Tower III, there was the stench of mold and mildew on the 1st floor in the lobby areas and hallways. When we asked about it, the response: "What smell?" They have become immune to the smell. The sales lady Evette who greeted us tried to convince us that the smell was normal for the area because of the warm, muggy, climate. We're not stupid! We know mold and mildew when we smell it! Besides, we only smelled it in the Grand Luxxe Tower III - no other building. There was clearly a problem with the HVAC system in that building because the hallways and elevators had no air conditioning. And we saw condensation dripping from some of the vents. We also saw visible black mold growing in the hallway on our floor. Luckily, our room was not affected - no bad smell, no mold/mildew and our A/C worked fine.

Now for the really bad: The sales people trying to sell you a timeshare were really, really awful. They were very aggressive, mean and borderline ruthless. In speaking with other guests we learned that many of us shared similar experiences. Evette, a very aggressive sales manager converged upon us as soon as we arrived at the hotel, before we even had a chance to check in and see our room. We were exhausted from a day of travel, but was forced to listen to a super high-pressure sales tactic by this lady before we were able to be shown to our room. She asked us very intrusive questions and cornered us into agreeing to do a timeshare presentation and then called us a couple times in our room to confirm our appointment. And she was not very forthcoming about a lot of things. When we took the presentation, we were forced to stay about 4 1/2 hours, even though were were told that the presentation would only take an out 90 minutes. The sales manager Ian became rude and ignorant with us when we declined to buy a timeshare. He ignored me when I asked to go back to my room. He initially did not want to give me the bonus gift that was promised to me, because I wanted to leave after nearly 4 1/2 hours. This experience really put a damper on our trip. Guests should not have to go through this experience when they are paying good money for their vacations.

Last thing: Nuevo Vallarta is solely a resort district. There is no town life outside of your respective resort and there is nothing to do in Nuevo Vallarta. If you want to experience Mexico, you have to catch a $20-$25 USD taxi to Puerto Vallarta each way. That is where EVERYTHING is! They have Walmarts, Sam's Clubs, Home Depots, Golds Gym , KFC, and McDonalds in Puerto Vallarta. So if you want city life, night life, adventure excursions, sightseeing tours, shopping, pretty beaches with pretty water and pretty much anything else, stay in Puerto Vallarta. It's also cheaper there. If you want an expensive, but luxurious and quiet getaway, stay in Nuevo Vallarta. P.S. If you want a delicious, cheap lunch, try Pollo Feliz in Puerto Vallarta. I had some of the best grilled chicken that I've ever had in my life at that place.

Room Tip: Say NOOOO to the time share sales presentation - you will be there all day. Stay away from Tower III...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anita A
Dear Anita A:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your detailed feedback about your recent stay at Grand Luxxe. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed our food options at Epazote, our facilities, the accommodations, grounds and most our staff’s service. Everyone works tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most comfortable experience ever.

We host thousands of satisfied guests every week as well as attending them, and we measure the caliber of our quality through several mediums in an attempt to improve on a daily basis. We are all committed to excellence, integrity, and above all your satisfaction. For that reason, we thank you for the feedback being provided to us and it will be shared with the appropriate areas. As we continue to expand, this is useful to keep on improving.

Lastly, we would like to take the opportunity to point out that our prices are competitive compared to other resorts of the same quality.

We hope to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I am a fairly new owner and this is the first time I have been to the Grand Luxxe. I would give it an Excellent but have downgraded to Very Good for 2 reasons. First, b/c the restaurants are so over the top expensive. I can't believe I am an owner here. I can't afford to eat out here. I cooked my own meals and the kitchen did not have an oven nor automatic dishwasher. Therefore, much of my vacation was working in the kitchen. I took the good advice of others and went to Walmart. It cost 200 pesos for a taxi to take us, wait and return with us. We were there for a long time so it was well worth the 200 pesos.
The 2nd and last problem was that our 4th floor did not have a concierge most of the week. We started with one for the 1st 2 days then they moved her to the downstairs lobby and a couple days later we had another concierge but she was only there one day. They other floors had concierges.
We were in Tower 1 which we really liked. It has the best lobby and is closest to everything. The 4th floor is high enough but I am hoping I can get higher next time. I would not want to be any lower.
We enjoyed walking as much as possible but found we got lost a lot. I heard that the signs are much better than they used to be but they don't seem to want to direct people to the Grand Luxxes. It was rather humorous and I would have enjoyed our comedy of errors more if it wasn't so hot.
The taco place by the golf course is excellent and the most inexpensive.
Free golf is not really free with the rental of clubs, having to buy a lot more balls than necessary at an inflated price and having a caddy. The caddy was great and not expensive though.
Looking forward to going back next year and hoping to get Tower One again.

Room Tip: Higher than level 3 for view and be above the mosquitos.
1 Thank KatieSuppan
Dear KatieSuppan:

We truly appreciate your feedback of your stay. We are very happy to welcome you as a member of the wonderful and luxurious world of Grand Luxxe!

Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration in order to provide you everything that you need to make the most of your vacation. We would like to point out as well that our prices are competitive compared to other resorts.

Your comments and suggestions are always welcomed. It will be our honor to welcome you once again.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Our room had the most amazing view of the property and the ocean. We had the best accommodations. Sometimes the day maids could have done a little better but that is all the negative I can say. All the employees I encountered are soo super nice. Always greeting you with hola buenos Dias/tardes/noches..there was one gentleman in activities named Sergio and he always had a smile and was always so helpful even if it wasn't his job. And then there was Miriam..she was the night maid..she picked up the slack for the day maids..she has 5 kids 2 sets of twins..I was there for 6 nights and I saw her every night..she is very dedicated to her job and she does it with a smile even when it takes her away from her kids so much..she was fantastic!! I think that if it wasn't so hot and humid down there I could have stayed longer.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank StephanieMuir
Dear StephanieMuir:

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Grand Luxxe. We are happy to receive your kind comment about our staff, as they always look to exceed all our guests’ expectations. We are certain Miriam and Sergio will gladly receive your feedback.

We take great pride in creating incredible vacations and after receiving your remarks, it is great to confirm we have succeeded in doing so for you and your loved ones.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

No. VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a gorgeous resort, with great staff and great service but do not go to the timeshare meeting. I have gone to many over 20 years but this was by far the worst.
They kept us for 6 hours and I saw at least 5 different sales people and we were shuttled to another building I thought we were done..........no two more, it was just horrible.
The last guy asked "why are saying no" I said, in addition to owning 3, I had an issue where I asked not to be on the ground floor a month before arrival because of fear of lizards and iguanas and I was put on the ground floor, he said " did they promise you" I said "no, but would you put someone afraid of heights on the 9th floor?" then he started screaming at me "don't talk bad of my hotel" just screaming like a crazy person, when he left the other salesman who seemed shocked apologied. If you want to have a great time, because this is a nice hotel, do not go to the timeshare zoo.

Room Tip: Get pesos, the going rate is 12 or 13 to $1 USD but if you are taking a taxi, they do 10 to $1 USD...
2 Thank gracus40
Dear gracus40:

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Grand Luxxe. It is nice to learn you think our property is beautiful.

We host thousands of satisfied guests every week as well as attending them and we measure the caliber of our quality through several mediums in an attempt to improve on a daily basis. We do appreciate any feedback being provided to us and regret this highly exceptional occurrence, which will be thoroughly investigated since we strive to make each and every one of our guests feel cared for, appreciated and respected.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.