“Lovely setting, delicious food.”
Review of El Dinamita

El Dinamita
Ranked #16 of 142 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marisqueria al fresco, owned by the same people who own Fajita Republic on the same lot
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was happy to find this place with short drive from the Villa del Palmar Flamingos. We enjoyed the lagoon setting, with a dock you could walk down too. The wine and shrimp dinner we had was great, and the decor was inviting, very tropical feel. Friendly staff with great service. I'll come back next time we are in the area.

There are newer reviews for El Dinamita

Reviewed 26 May 2014

As we were seated we were informed the card machine was broken and it would be "cash only" tonight. As it was our last night in NV we were not carrying a lot of cash on us. There were four in our party and we were able to come up with about $120 US and that would have to cover drinks and cab fare back to the hotel. The waiters suggested a menu that we were able to afford. Had the card machine been working we would have probably been able to sample even more of the wonderful food. It's been two weeks and everyone in our party is still talking about the wonderful tuna cerviche. The escargo was amazing. Next year when we come we will be prepared to try some of the amazing dessert selections.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We met a couple the other evening at our time share. They asked us we would like to go for dinner some evening. Tonight was the night.
They suggested a seafood place their daughter had eaten at. Neither of us knew what to expect.
We walked down the street from Paradise Village approx. 3/4 of a mile. El Dinamita is a small, open air restaurant underneath beautiful trees. Our waiter came over to get our drink and I began to pull out my readers. He informed me I would not be needing them.
He said he was going to ask is questions about our likes and dislikes, what we like to eat, and suggest a menue which he would take to the chef for a price.
We ended up with an appetizer of spiced jicima and melon and chips and salsa. This was followed by a rice dish with shrimp, fish and cheese that went on garlic bread. Amazing!
The next course was two salads and garlic, coconut and panko breaded shrimp.
Each course so far was served with several different sauces, salsas and dressings.
Next up were delicious fish tacos with cilantro salsa. Then our waiter brought out our final course, a lava pot with what looked like a stew (?) with steak, fish, onion, shrimp and mushrooms that we put on fresh tortillas.
Everything was served family style.
As we were finishing up our waiter decided to treat us to a round of white Russians. I was about to turn mine down since I do not like then and decided someone might want it. After my wife remarked how good they were I decided to try mine. It was so fresh and delicious. It tasted like chocolate milk.
I would obviously recommend El Dinamita to everyone.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I adored the flavors of this place, everything tasted really fresh but the flavors were all unbelievable. Just let the waiter choose your food, that's what he did for us and everything was amazing. And I never allow waiters to choose my food, ever. But the waiters definitely know their best dishes, so allow them to choose your food as well. The view isn't much other than a beautiful tree that has nice candles and such hanging from it. Other than that you're pretty much sitting in a parking lot. But you must go for the food, there wasn't one thing that wasn't good and everything came out really fast. Not one complaint.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Mexican Food: This place is totally outside. If it rains you will have problems keeping your food dry. The food is to die for and the ambiance fantastic. One of our favorite places. Been here 4 or 5 times now and never have I been disappointed. If the waiter suggests something from the menu or not from the menu for that matter. Always get it! It is a wonderful surprise. Pablo De Leon is a wonderful waiter and if your lucky enough to get him your dinner will get a little entertainment with it as well. Some of my favorites are Dynamite rice, The Molcajete bowl, Ceasers salad