“Simply the best!”

Cuisines: Italian, Lebanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was hands down the best meal we had while in Mexico. I have worked in many restaurants over the years and the service at Mediterraneo is second to none. We ordered a sample platter meal that included hummus, stuffed grape leaves, several chicken and lamb skewers and some other side items. All of the food we had was great and Mario (the owner) even brought us some rose petal ice cream that was like nothing I have ever had. When you go here try it, you won't be disappointed. When we return to Nuevo Vallarta we will definitely be visiting Mediterraneo again. Don't miss out on this great food and amazing service while you are in the Nuevo Vallarta area!

1  Thank Chris P

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The food is genuine Lebanese food and ingredients. Friendly and attentive staff and personable owner who attends to his clients. We first visited shortly after they opened and have returned with each visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We went here based on the high praise received here on TripAdvisor. The service was friendly, albeit a bit awkward at times, and then they turned on the TV to watch sports, which kind of seemed inappropriate. The little courtyard is pleasant, but the tables out there are awkwardly designed with a wooden bar preventing you from putting your feet where they would naturally go, so it wasn’t overly comfortable. The food was good, but not much better than average. I had the shrimp and squid, which was simply shrimp and squid deep fried with a fairly generic batter. No real spices or flavour to make it unique. The pita bread was warm, but seemed like it had been sitting around a few days. The rose petal ice cream was interesting, but not something I’d order. Overall it was a disappointing experience for all of us, and none of us plan to return when there are so many other amazing restaurants in the area.

3  Thank tch77
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am from California and have traveled quite a bit. The first plus was when the owner of the restaurant came out to great us and made us feel like family. That plus was nothing compared to the amazing food. The falafel was by far the best I have ever had. Our family ordered a little bit of everything and let none of it go to waste. We ended the night with perfect baklava. Needless to say our family will be coming back next time we are in town!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Considering the great reviews on Trip Advisor, I found Mediterraneo to be the most disappointing restaurant we visited on a recent stay in Nuevo Vallarta. The Lebanese food is somewhat similar to food in many Greek restaurants, but I have enjoyed most of those places much more. We started with hummus, which was quite good. My wife and I then had one of the combination platters for two in order to sample several different items. Again, most things were good, but not outstanding. Our son had the shrimp and squid from the Italian side of the menu. It was good, but somewhat unexciting. The staff were wonderful and very friendly. Mediterraneo is quite different from any other restaurant that we have visited in the Puerto Vallarta area, but it certainly does not rate as one of our favorites. I would not tell anyone not to go there, but I doubt if we would return on future visits to the area.